Issiah Walker Jr. cracking the two deep?

Advertisement
I would redshirt Walker, Rivers, Washington, McLaughlin, Rodriguez, Seymore so that they're all freshmen again in 2022. Ship them off to Canada during the season to eat, train, lift.

We have several seniors who are likely leaving after the bowl game and there is simply no need to burn a valuable redshirt for anyone except perhaps Rivers, but even he should consider RS'ing imo to retain his eligibility.

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR
Not sure why you bothered to put Hillery and Herbert on that list. I'd rather play Amari Carter on the OL than those guys.

I would redshirt Walker, Rivers, Washington, McLaughlin, Rodriguez, Seymore so that they're all freshmen again in 2022. Ship them off to Canada during the season to eat, train, lift.

We have several seniors who are likely leaving after the bowl game and there is simply no need to burn a valuable redshirt for anyone except perhaps Rivers, but even he should consider RS'ing imo to retain his eligibility.

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR
Hillery, Herbert, Reed and Traore have not contributed at all. Safe to say, they most likely won't unless a miracle occurs. Some 1st year and 2nd year guys are getting burn. Not start, but considerable amount of play this year.

Advertisement
I think Walker will be fine. Everybody needs to get out of the mentality of playing OL in year 1 and 2. If you want to be good up front, you are playing 3/4/5 year guys. Maybe an exception for a year 2 freak talent (maybe a Rivers this year).

Walker was never a year 1/2 guy, especially on a good team. He’s doing what he needs to be doing which is adding good weight, getting stronger, and improving technique. Maybe 12 months from now he is ready to compete for playing time. We are finally not having to rush young guys onto the field. It’s a good thing.
Well the way this Board carried on regarding his recruitment, obviously he was overrated!!

Lol. Rivers in a going to start at guard.
I hope you're right because we can't afford for him to be anything but a stud. But in 2021 we should not discount Oluwasuen's maturity and relationship with Garin Justice and his zone blocking scheme.

I hope you're right because we can't afford for him to be anything but a stud. But in 2021 we should not discount Oluwasuen's maturity and relationship with Garin Justice and his zone blocking scheme.
True. But even if they go with the transfer at G, Rivers is still in the two deep and will get plenty of playing time. I’m usually a guy who prefers third and fourth year guys at every spot on o line but Rivers is one of the special talents who’s physically mature enough to play in his second year.

Op axing the right quesshun.... at da wrong time.

Hit us up with this question in June 2022 and see if the answers are different than they are today. I suspect they might be.

Advertisement

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR
Another brilliant post by you….holy **** let’s just redshirt our entire team then while we are at it.

Advertisement

J. Williams SR
J. Oluwasuen SR
N. Donaldson SR
C. Gaynor SR
Z. Hillery SR
K. Herbert SR
D. Scaife SR
J. Campbell JR
C. Reed JR
O. Traore JR
Z. Nelson JR
J. Clark JR
I want to fight you for mentioning Herbert, Zillary, Traore.. meet me somewhere

Advertisement
I want to fight you for mentioning Herbert, Zillary, Traore.. meet me somewhere
Hopefully they stick it out because you can't have enough OL to serve on special teams and to run the scout team. It sucks when you end up with the backup punter playing OT on the scout team because you ran out of options.

I posted when he arrived that he was going to mess time physically and mentally. We all know his past Twitter posts so you know it’s more than football. Patience , don’t bury him yet.
But even as a football player he's super raw and was always going to take multiple years to develop. Yes he has great movement traits which explains the star rating but that doesn't make him an early impact guy.

Advertisement
Back