Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Advertisement
Awesome job by the staff. Horton has some great traits to build on. We done at WR or 1 more only if it's the right guy?
I think it’s one more if it’s the right guy. Gibson, bond, etc. our current room is young,deep and talented, need those counters for other positions

Flirty Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Absolutely. He's an elite zone corner who can play inside or outside, execute a variety of coverages and defend the run. He's not Darrelle Revis or Xavien Howard as an outside man cover guy. Few are. I didn't think less of him as a prospect for it - I thought it was crazy the Cowboys passed on him - and he's still an elite player now.

He really wasn't a beast in college but whatever. Lots of guys put up numbers in college. Look up the annual receiving leaders in CFB and a lot of the names are dudes you've never heard of. I guess cause I thought an overrated WR would bust in the NFL and he did that means I don't know what I'm talking about lol. I need to do a better job of appreciating overhyped players for the CIS mob! Jalen Reagor is unreal guysm!

Anyway it looks like the trolls are back out in full force and I need to step back up my ignore list game. As for Horton you guys can think what you want with him too...I'll just stay here thrilled that we got a big WR who can make you miss after the catch and highpoint the ball downfield.
Agreed that I am pumped for Horton in this class. And my comp wasn't meant to be a diss to him, personally, I dont care if the guy is great in the NFL, I am fine with a college stud, do I like the canes to show out in the NFL, even a guy like Graham who did squat for us but then repped us hard in the NFL? Of course. But if Horton can give us almost 3k receiving yards and 20+ TDs in 3 seasons I am elated regardless of what he does in the league.

Put it this way. in the HISTORY of UM, we have had only 4 1,000 yard receivers: Hurns, Hankerson, Eddie Brown and Andre Johnson. Our last 1,000 yard receiver was in 2013. Harry had 2 1,000 yard seasons in 3 years, I get run and gun and pass happy offenses can contribute to this but also, Harry with his numbers if he came here would be #1 all time receiver when it came to yards, 300 more than Santana Moss,

Advertisement
Pulling another 4 star croot from SEC country needs that hog with the big cojones gif

Harry has been a standout at camp today for the Pats. His career isn’t over. Not disagreeing with what you said though, he’s clearly been a disappointment so far. But he’s 23 years old.
I have seen too many of these standout practices.

One practice hes good, the next one he is hiding behind a light pole and no one knows where the **** he is.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I agree, and countless other players as well. Our fans tend to write everyone off if they didn’t light the world on fire as a true freshman like Duke Johnson did. When the fact is, players like Duke are more the exception rather than the rule.

And yes I’m aware freshman players ball out all of the country every year, that still doesn’t mean that should be the expectation for every guy fresh out of high school competing against grown men who have been in a college program for 3-4 years.
The freshman all american team is filled from scrub teams

Advertisement
Back