Isaiah Horton, 2022 WR from Tennessee offered

Advertisement
He’s probably the guy that made that Twitter post
I know you also don’t mind people making predictions but his prediction was a typical mope reaction and like most mopes he doesn’t answer when he’s wrong but will be the first person crowing when he’s correct. I have a lot of names for people like that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I watched a minute of his film and I realized hes a baller.

Unbelievable out of state find. I can’t believe we landed this kid. I think he has as much if not more upside than anyone we’ve gotten since JT.

The versatility is impressive. Has good fluidity like Coley.

Advertisement
The freshman all american team is filled from scrub teams
There's always a handful of freshman All Americans from good teams but a lot of that team, especially at positions where freshmen rarely excel (OL, DT) is made up of guys who weren't actually good players. There's just a shortage of freshman who play a lot at those positions so they just pick the guys who started a bunch of games because their team had no better option. There was an FSU offensive lineman who was a freshman All American last year. He sucked but he started almost every game for them and there weren't many other options.

I watched a minute of his film and I realized hes a baller.

Unbelievable out of state find. I can’t believe we landed this kid. I think he has as much if not more upside than anyone we’ve gotten since JT.

The versatility is impressive. Has good fluidity like Coley.

I’d like to echo your second point - tremendous pull from SEC country especially from a state school that historically has been a very good recruiter (and bags). I was way wrong on this one based on my years following recruiting - thought he would be bagged up by a last minute offer he couldn’t refuse from the hometown school. Boy was I wrong. Big time pull. On to 2023 studs.

Advertisement
Nkeal Harry is #7 in receiving yards in the Pac 12 since 2010 but he wasn't a "beast" in college. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Film study. Darren Carrington and "Dom Williams" sandwich him on the career receiving yards list. Dillon Mitchell had more YPG in 2018. Are they beasts too? Or is it no cause the NFL didn't overrate them?

What did Bill Belichick and Raheem Morris used to say? Stats are for losers. Take the L and move on.

Agreed that I am pumped for Horton in this class. And my comp wasn't meant to be a diss to him, personally, I dont care if the guy is great in the NFL, I am fine with a college stud, do I like the canes to show out in the NFL, even a guy like Graham who did squat for us but then repped us hard in the NFL? Of course. But if Horton can give us almost 3k receiving yards and 20+ TDs in 3 seasons I am elated regardless of what he does in the league.

Put it this way. in the HISTORY of UM, we have had only 4 1,000 yard receivers: Hurns, Hankerson, Eddie Brown and Andre Johnson. Our last 1,000 yard receiver was in 2013. Harry had 2 1,000 yard seasons in 3 years, I get run and gun and pass happy offenses can contribute to this but also, Harry with his numbers if he came here would be #1 all time receiver when it came to yards, 300 more than Santana Moss,
Yeah scheme and target concentration (i.e. absence of capable options) are big drivers of college production for WRs in most offenses. This year it was Marlon Williams who the analytics/don't watch football scouting crowd was trying to pump up. Funny I don't hear about him anymore.

Watched his highlights, doesn't seem overly fast, but seems to pull away from defenders on the regular..goes up and makes tough catches. Yes Please.

Film study. Darren Carrington and "Dom Williams" sandwich him on the career receiving yards list. Dillon Mitchell had more YPG in 2018. Are they beasts too? Or is it no cause the NFL didn't overrate them?

What did Bill Belichick and Raheem Morris used to say? Stats are for losers. Take the L and move on.
He produced in college and was a 1st round pick. So you didn't like him but an NFL team did enough to take him in the 1st. Take the L and move on...

Advertisement
Back