Isaiah Dunson [at WR]?

You probably assume we should go undefeated every season and of course you assume I was solely speaking on wrs. This team isn’t nearly as talented as you would like to believe. On top of the fact that these kids haven’t gotten any real coaching until recently or haven’t put in the extra work to be great. Years of bad habits don’t change in 9 months. Believe what you like, Gattis isn’t going anywhere for now.

Actually, I am very realistic. I like your backpedaling now though. Nice Deion impersonation. Another clueless fan. Gets shut up with actual facts and tries to argue against it. Next time do some homework before making dumb comments.

Advertisement
Another clueless fan who argues against rankings meaning nothing.
Mark Pope was a highly ranked 4-star. Al Blades was a highly ranked 4-star. Navaughn Donaldson was a highly ranked 4-star.

Ainias Smith from the Aggies was a mid 3-star. Restrepo was a 3-star.

Recruiting rankings made by 247 do not mean crap.

Mark Pope was a highly ranked 4-star. Al Blades was a highly ranked 4-star. Navaughn Donaldson was a highly ranked 4-star.

Ainias Smith from the Aggies was a mid 3-star. Restrepo was a 3-star.

Recruiting rankings made by 247 do not mean crap.

Wow, you can't cure dumb. Points out a handful of dudes. I mean I could easily do the same, pointing the other direction.

Would you care for me to show you the average recruiting rankings over the course of 4 years for NC winners the last 15 years, there opponents or just the teams in the playoff? I'd love for you to argue about this some more. The clueless will remain clueless.

Yea hes a real good coach though they dont do anything schematically crazy. He brings in the horses and lets em loose. He is essentially Bama with a better talent base in state. His instate comp is basically null and void other than Clemson making a decision and occasionaly wars with Bama.

Even Bama has challenges from Auburn..the state of ga for the most part is owned by UGA and has been forever. Add that with him bringing the bama way of 100 coaches and recruiting department with 30+ ppl and there you have it.
Remember the fake punt against Bama. Kirby tried to corch it up.

Metchie and Williams don’t get hurt last year and UGA is runner up once again..

Wow, you can't cure dumb. Points out a handful of dudes. I mean I could easily do the same, pointing the other direction.

Would you care for me to show you the average recruiting rankings over the course of 4 years for NC winners the last 15 years, there opponents or just the teams in the playoff? I'd love for you to argue about this some more. The clueless will remain clueless.
The mere fact that there are examples in both directions quite clearly proves that 247 rankings are not a reliable metric of evaluating players, because they are inconsistent - or random, as a matter of fact.

The second fact that you blatantly choose to ignore is the fact that these receivers had to be told in preseason football that they need to catch the football with their hands instead of their chest and had to go through drills, where they have to slowly run routes whilst staying low - or, the most basic fundamental **** there is.

Being highly ranked by 247 is not a projection of how your college career will be. How your college career will be is demonstrated by how much work a receiver puts in and it doesn't fit the "our Coaching sucks"-narrative that the hardest working receiver on the team is by far the best one.

But go on. Educate me at how elite Andrew Ivins is at evaluating players.

Advertisement
The amount of times where @Liberty City El and @gogeta4 were standing on the table and almost begging Miami to offer certain players who weren't as highly ranked as others but were straight up dogs has gotten so big, people could write a book about it.

Now, we have a talented WR room, because 247 says so.

Keep arguing that rankings don't mean anything. I mean, the proof is not there at all. Like I said, you can't cure dumb.

National Champions
2021 Georgia (#2 most talented team by 247)
2020 Alabama (#2 most talented team by 247)
2019 LSU (#5 most talented team by 247)
2018 Clemson (#6 most talented team by 247)
2017 Alabama (#1 most talented team by 247)
2016 Clemson (#8 most talented team by 247)
2015 Alabama (#1 most talented team by 247)

The mere fact that there are examples in both directions quite clearly proves that 247 rankings are not a reliable metric of evaluating players, because they are inconsistent - or random, as a matter of fact.

The second fact that you blatantly choose to ignore is the fact that these receivers had to be told in preseason football that they need to catch the football with their hands instead of their chest and had to go through drills, where they have to slowly run routes whilst staying low - or, the most basic fundamental **** there is.

Being highly ranked by 247 is not a projection of how your college career will be. How your college career will be is demonstrated by how much work a receiver puts in and it doesn't fit the "our Coaching sucks"-narrative that the hardest working receiver on the team is by far the best one.

But go on. Educate me at how elite Andrew Ivins is at evaluating players.

Jeezus what a dumb take. Ah yes, because there is examples in both directions that means the system is all wrong. Yup, because evaluators, scouts, general managers, coaches are always 100% on there player evals.. Do you actually read what you write before pressing reply? You clearly don't!

Here is the FACT that matters. Which is the bigger picture, not cherry picking individual players. Look at a teams overall talent composite based on 247 rankings, just like I posted, and see who ends up winning the NC every year. And the other team is who playing in it. They are always top 10! And more times than not, they are top 5. That is all the proof that is needed. And absolutely shows that OVERALL, 247 gets it right big time.

Keep arguing that rankings don't mean anything. I mean, the proof is not there at all. Like I said, you can't cure dumb.

National Champions
2021 Georgia (#2 most talented team by 247)
2020 Alabama (#2 most talented team by 247)
2019 LSU (#5 most talented team by 247)
2018 Clemson (#6 most talented team by 247)
2017 Alabama (#1 most talented team by 247)
2016 Clemson (#8 most talented team by 247)
2015 Alabama (#1 most talented team by 247)
LSU, A&M and Texas are not Top 10 teams at the moment. Florida State certainly isn't a Top 20 right now and neither is South Carolina.

But oh look, Kentucky, the 27th ranked team in talent, is ranked 8th! Oh wonder? Almost as if certain teams dont recruit highly according to 247 but they still evaluate players at an extremely high level! Huh, I wonder what might be the cause of this extremely weird behaviour...

Advertisement
Jeezus what a dumb take. Ah yes, because there is examples in both directions that means the system is all wrong. Yup, because evaluators, scouts, general managers, coaches are always 100% on there player selections. Do you actually read what you write before pressing reply? You clearly don't!
Yes, correct. If you evaluate a set of data and the evaluation produces inconsistent results with the same metric and evaluation process being used, either the evaluation is flawed or the data. In both instances: Its inconsistent and cannot be used for further research.

Here is the FACT that matters. Which is the bigger picture, not cherry picking individual players. Look at a teams overall talent composite based on 247 rankings, just like I posted, and see who ends up winning the NC every year. And the other team is who playing in it. They are always top 10! And more times than not, they are top 5. That is all the proof that is needed. And absolutely shows that OVERALL, 247 gets it right big time
I just posted several examples of teams where AP ranking and talent ranking greatly differenciate.

But go for it. Keep applauding Ivins for his elite analysis.

LSU, A&M and Texas are not Top 10 teams at the moment. Florida State certainly isn't a Top 20 right now and neither is South Carolina.

But oh look, Kentucky, the 27th ranked team in talent, is ranked 8th! Oh wonder? Almost as if certain teams dont recruit highly according to 247 but they still evaluate players at an extremely high level! Huh, I wonder what might be the cause of this extremely weird behaviour...

Lmaoooo. Dude, you argue just to argue. And you come back with another glorious dumb take. IDGAF who is ranked where after the 3rd week of the sesson. Talk to me at the end of the year and let's see who is in the NC game.

I'll make a ban bet with you right now that both teams in the NC will have a composite team talent by 247 in the top 10 and one will be top 5. Likely both top 5.

Yes, correct. If you evaluate a set of data and the evaluation produces inconsistent results with the same metric and evaluation process being used, either the evaluation is flawed or the data. In both instances: Its inconsistent and cannot be used for further research.

I just posted several examples of teams where AP ranking and talent ranking greatly differenciate.

But go for it. Keep applauding Ivins for his elite analysis.

And your argument is DUMB. Who cares where anyone is ranked after the 3rd week? Rankings will fluctuate week to week. Who honestly cares about anything outside of the playoffs and NC game? And at the end of the year, every single year, only teams with top 10 talent play for the title. That is an undisputable fact. But again, argue against facts. Lol

Actually, I am very realistic. I like your backpedaling now though. Nice Deion impersonation. Another clueless fan. Gets shut up with actual facts and tries to argue against it. Next time do some homework before making dumb comments.
Apparently, you aren’t very realistic. If you were then you would see these “talented” wrs struggling running routes. Coincidence the hardest working wr is our best? It’s not. You jumped to the conclusion on wrs simply bc I made a comment on 4 stars in general. You’re a moron as if scheme alone makes a wr productive. You’re a mouthy ***** tho, I’ll be at the Clemson game if you want to shut me up.

Advertisement
Ending this once and for all with the 2021 final rankings.

1. Georgia - 2nd in talent
2. Bama - 1st
3. Michigan - 15th
4. Cinci - not ranked
5. Baylor - 41st
6. Ohio State - 3rd
7. Oklahoma State - 47th
8. Notre Dame -12th
9. Michigan State - 37th
10. Oklahoma - 6th
11. Ole Miss - 27th
12. Utah - 32nd
13. Pitt - 36th
14. Clemson - 4th
15. Wake Forest - not ranked

Two teams were not ranked in talent rankings that finished in the Top 15. One of them played in the playoffs against Alabama and lost 27-6. Michigan finished 3rd and was the 15th most talented team. Out of the Top 10 teams, six were not ranked inside the Top 10 in talent rankings, and four of these ten were not even ranked in the Top 30. Ohio State was outperformed by two teams ranked far lower in comparison and I dont even need to talk about Oklahoma or Clemson. LSU was ranked 5th in talent and they weren't even close to making it. Pitt and Wake Forest played for the ACC championship and Clemson, a powerhouse, did not. Out of the 15 teams, eight outperformed their talent ranking by at least 10 spots, six by at least 20 spots.

Now get out of my sight with this bull****. Don't even attempt it.

Apparently, you aren’t very realistic. If you were then you would see these “talented” wrs struggling running routes. Coincidence the hardest working wr is our best? It’s not. You jumped to the conclusion on wrs simply bc I made a comment on 4 stars in general. You’re a moron as if scheme alone makes a wr productive. You’re a mouthy ***** tho, I’ll be at the Clemson game if you want to shut me up.

Lol. The argument you originally made got dismantled and your try and pivot. Excuses after excuse.

Clown boy, how about the guy getting paid 7 figures makes the job of the 18 and 19 year olds a little easier by simplifying the scheme? What a novel thought. Or how about the same OC, who is also the WRs coach, helps them improve there route running if it is so **** poor? Oh wow, another novel thought.

But let me guess, you will say that the 6 four star WRs we have are just trash.

P.S. Another internet tough guy. What are you, 12 years old? "I'll be at the Clemson game, come talk to me." Lol

And don't even say 247 analysis is good analysis because they can identify the most athletic human beings on a high school football field.

I don't need to work for 247 to identify Derrick Henry, Shemar Stewart, Leonard Taylor or Francis Mauigoa as elite talent.

Advertisement
Let us not forget how much the ranking change over a their senior year. We all know the bumps that 3-4 schools recruits get. So when they get a high 3 star/low 4 star and by February they are high 4 stars of the really good 4's that become 5's it skews those rankings for the elite teams even more.

Ending this once and for all with the 2021 final rankings.

1. Georgia - 2nd in talent
2. Bama - 1st
3. Michigan - 15th
4. Cinci - not ranked
5. Baylor - 41st
6. Ohio State - 3rd
7. Oklahoma State - 47th
8. Notre Dame -12th
9. Michigan State - 37th
10. Oklahoma - 6th
11. Ole Miss - 27th
12. Utah - 32nd
13. Pitt - 36th
14. Clemson - 4th
15. Wake Forest - not ranked

Two teams were not ranked in talent rankings that finished in the Top 15. One of them played in the playoffs against Alabama and lost 27-6. Michigan finished 3rd and was the 15th most talented team. Out of the Top 10 teams, six were not ranked inside the Top 10 in talent rankings, and four of these ten were not even ranked in the Top 30. Ohio State was outperformed by two teams ranked far lower in comparison and I dont even need to talk about Oklahoma or Clemson. LSU was ranked 5th in talent and they weren't even close to making it. Pitt and Wake Forest played for the ACC championship and Clemson, a powerhouse, did not. Out of the 15 teams, eight outperformed their talent ranking by at least 10 spots, six by at least 20 spots.

Now get out of my sight with this bull****. Don't even attempt it.

As I said, you can't cure dumb. Argue against who is at the top at the end of the year. Because that is all that matters. Nobody gives a **** who is ranked 7th, 11th, 15th. Learn to take your L and move on. I am sorry you are so butt hurt that ypu are wrong.

Let us not forget how much the ranking change over a their senior year. We all know the bumps that 3-4 schools recruits get. So when they get a high 3 star/low 4 star and by February they are high 4 stars of the really good 4's that become 5's it skews those rankings for the elite teams even more.
247 got exposed for putting the values for Miami commits down after they committed to us on a consistent basis and people still use their database as an argument?

Advertisement
Back