Is There Any Left That Refuses To Admit

Since I think he was good enough to have us undefeated right now, I disagree.

I see your stats, but I also watch the games. And my eyes tell me that he has regressed and is playing poorly this year, easily worse than the last couple of years. The easy example is Florida State. If he plays anywhere near the level he played against in the past two years then we win this one going away. In fact, if he had played just half as well we probably still win. Instead he tanked big time.

I recall him being pretty darn accurate generally speaking. I don't recall him missing wide-open receivers like Njoku you and Richards yesterday.

So again, to be clear, I never thought he was all that or some super stud. But he was above average, no doubt, and sometimes he flashed excellence. This year in my opinion he is below average. And yet here we are just a few points away from being undefeated. Hence my point.

So your saying you didnt watch the game?

Advertisement
Interestingly, folks on here talked about how eye opening it was that kayaa had not been a captain his first 2 years. Then, this year, I believe he was captain through the fsu game but not for the unc game.

The frustrating part is that for the past two seasons I've seen him play at the level good enough to have us undefeated right now. Not amazing or best in the ACC or whatever, but better than he has played this year.

So even if you told me he wouldn't improve (or get better at all) or become some first round draft pick this year, I had seen enough to feel confident that we could be pretty good this year, at least on offense.

And then if you told me our defense would be doing what they're doing, I'd be sky high. I never expected him and the offense to be SO much worse. All we needed was for Brad to be in the same ballpark as past years and we'd be undefeated.

All the hype and everything else aside, THAT is what's killing me.

He might not be the wonder kid people like me, expected, but he was better and has regressed. It is either the new hair style he is sporting or something about the coaching staff. With the exception of Kool, Mark's selections were all questionable. Manny has done better than I expected. Defense has be good enough to win so far. The offense has sucked since day one so there be the problem. Mark's son gets his first job as QB coach at QB U -- what is wrong with that picture. Young Ritch needs to go NOW. Steve Walsh is sitting out there doing nothing. Bring him in for now and replace him for next year if he doesn't make the cut. And Mark needs a real OC. This is THE U not a training ground.

Exactly. And what about our green *** special teams coach. Our special teams are horrible. And why is Lewis our primary kick returner?

Kaaya is not a future NFL QB by any means, but any competent coaching staff would at least have him improving and not massively regressing. Guys, Mark Richt got fired at UGA. There's a reason for it.

He's a great CEO & a **** poor OC. We need an OC.

[video=youtube_share;zrt1j5x04iU]https://youtu.be/zrt1j5x04iU[/video]

UNCs defense is just as bad, if not worse than the Nebraska defense seen here. James Coley got so much more out of Kayaa than Richt is. The passing game under Coley ****s on Richt's Mickey Mouse route trees.

/and Coley isn't some great OC
//that just how bad Richt is

Advertisement
He's still a good QB.

Is he playing up to the hype? Not close. But if you look at our recent history, the guys get the emotional backlash from the fans are the guys who get hype. It's a direct line from Greg Olsen to Calais Campbell to Travis Benjamin to even Duke Johnson. Then, when we look back, we realize those guys were pretty good.

The silver lining is that I don't see any way he goes pro this year. Which, if you're familiar with our backups, is a good a thing.

Is he really " good". Or just above average ?

I'm still trying to figure out:
1. How is 3000+ yards, 16 TDs and 5 picks in a whole season "over rated"

2. How is "over rated" not placed on former central 4 star Trevor darling, 5 star McDermott, and Nick Linder

3. How is over rated not placed on 4 star Braxton Berrios (multiple drops in FSU, Unc), former 4 star Malcolm Lewis (former 4 star fielded the ball at the 4 yard line in the opening kick) David Njoku (had one bad throw from Kaaya and dropped multiple passes in the gloves) 4 star Ahmmon Richards (clearly not ready for the college level route tree outside of screen passes)

We so quick to blame the previous coaching staff when in actuality coley is looking MILES better than richt right now. This team also has ZERO quality depth and a fan base who's tired of mediocrity so point the blame at someone who's usually not at fault. Last time it was Onofrio cause Golden wouldn't get rid of him. Now it's Kaaya? We need only 1 of 2 things. Either a new coordinator or a mobile QB for this system but got ****, the other 10 guys can help a little to be so properly "rated"

2. How is "over rated" not placed on former central 4 star Trevor darling, 5 star McDermott, and Nick Linder

3. How is over rated not placed on 4 star Braxton Berrios (multiple drops in FSU, Unc), former 4 star Malcolm Lewis (former 4 star fielded the ball at the 4 yard line in the opening kick) David Njoku (had one bad throw from Kaaya and dropped multiple passes in the gloves) 4 star Ahmmon Richards (clearly not ready for the college level route tree outside of screen passes)

We so quick to blame the previous coaching staff when in actuality coley is looking MILES better than richt right now. This team also has ZERO quality depth and a fan base who's tired of mediocrity so point the blame at someone who's usually not at fault. Last time it was Onofrio cause Golden wouldn't get rid of him. Now it's Kaaya? We need only 1 of 2 things. Either a new coordinator or a mobile QB for this system but got ****, the other 10 guys can help a little to be so properly "rated"

Because they're in denial that we just hired the Mark D'nofrio of offense as HC.

He's still a good QB.

Is he playing up to the hype? Not close. But if you look at our recent history, the guys get the emotional backlash from the fans are the guys who get hype. It's a direct line from Greg Olsen to Calais Campbell to Travis Benjamin to even Duke Johnson. Then, when we look back, we realize those guys were pretty good.

The silver lining is that I don't see any way he goes pro this year. Which, if you're familiar with our backups, is a good a thing.

I tend to agree with this. Kaaya was incorrectly labeled a "first round talent" by the Mel Kipers of the world which has caused expectation and hatred for him to rise. He is what he is...a functional above average college QB.

The real issue here is the abomination also known as Mark Richt's play calling. We are currently witnessing the worst play calling that we've endured in the history of the program. Running into 8 and 9 man fronts and a passing scheme that doesn't threaten the middle of the field AT ALL.

Richt has been a complete disappointment as a play caller and needs to hire a dedicated OC soon. Doesn't matter if it's Kaaya or Joe Montana behind center...this offensive scheme is horrible.

Advertisement

Because they're in denial that we just hired the Mark D'nofrio of offense as HC.

Fortunately I don't think richt will make Golden mistakes. It's obvious the new things everyone is **** riding now is this horrible spread ****. So if he continues to call plays next year n'kosi perry has to run it or sit behind Malik Rosier cause RPO (essentially a spread option) doesn't work for a pocket passer. That's why Kaaya looks so uncomfortable imo. You need to make the read prior snap depending on what the Defense shows and he's regressing because once he pulls that ball back a reciever will either get zero separation or drop the **** pass. He can't wait behind this line cause Trevor darlings exist on it and he ain't running. That's the difference with trubisky yesterday. We blitz too many and trubisky escapes or dumps on a screen. We need a mobile QB to make this work but ALSO an O line and a **** reciever who is built with two working hands and 10 fingers

that...

1. Brad Kaaya came into this year severely overrated
2. He is not close to being an elite college QB
3. We'd be 6-0 with even a GOOD QB
4. He's nothing more than a slightly above average cfb QB
5. He has the the mobility of a chili fart
6. Is a poor leader
7. Is mentally soft and a Golden holdover
8. Is a mama's boy
9. Is not accurate
10. Misses easy throws (Ahmon for 6)

Because I have to be honest, I came into this year excited about Kaaya but this dude just seems like he's been completely overhyped. We're living in the reality that he's not as great as many thought, and perhaps he's choking under the pressure of being hyped as a top pick preseason.

And yes, I understand that most likely Patrick Nix killed himself somewhere in the woods of Georgia after making a deal with the devil to possess Mark Richt and assume play calling abilities to exact revenge on Miami, but Kaaya still looks awful.

Spot on sir

Advertisement
The lack of mobility is gut wrenching, kid is a statue in a imploding pocket and that will not translate to success

Since I think he was good enough to have us undefeated right now, I disagree.

I see your stats, but I also watch the games. And my eyes tell me that he has regressed and is playing poorly this year, easily worse than the last couple of years. The easy example is Florida State. If he plays anywhere near the level he played against in the past two years then we win this one going away. In fact, if he had played just half as well we probably still win. Instead he tanked big time.

I recall him being pretty darn accurate generally speaking. I don't recall him missing wide-open receivers like Njoku you and Richards yesterday.

So again, to be clear, I never thought he was all that or some super stud. But he was above average, no doubt, and sometimes he flashed excellence. This year in my opinion he is below average. And yet here we are just a few points away from being undefeated. Hence my point.

So your saying you didnt watch the game?

Either I don't understand your question or you completely misunderstood my post.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back