Is there a bigger MUST GET than Wesley Bissainthe this recruiting cycle?

Advertisement
Like I said, Clemson won with a walk on linebacker because their dline was stacked. If I recall correctly, Nesta is our only 4 star dt on the team and he's not much of a run stopper.
We got Taylor, Roberts, Blissett and Nesta all 4 stars or above off the top of my head, maybe more

We didnt have a chance in **** at LTaylor at the beginning of the process (was signed and sealed to UF) and most on here just threw in the towel on JWilliams going to UGA.
Yes, I see, yes that is true. To be fair those 2 worked out but I can see people being skeptical when the SEC had been beating our ****s for Elite SoFla 5* recruits for years now. That was a good start, now build on it.

We got Taylor, Roberts, Blissett and Nesta all 4 stars or above off the top of my head, maybe more
I was referring to the unc game so Taylor wasn't on the team and Roberts didn't play. My point was that the DT talent and depth was lacking which causes UNC to run all over us. I do agree that linebackers need an upgrade but DT is more important

I think the NEED for a linebacker is the immediate concern but I don’t think Bisanthe is that guy who they can plug in as a true freshman right away and be an impact player. Maybe he is but I’d still prefer another portal guy to plug in at MLB. At least for the first half of the season.
Would love a portal thumper at MLB, not sure what the holdup is. But even with a portal fill in linebacker talent is bad, need WB as well.

Advertisement
I was referring to the unc game so Taylor wasn't on the team and Roberts didn't play. My point was that the DT talent and depth was lacking which causes UNC to run all over us. I do agree that linebackers need an upgrade but DT is more important
Our current DTs are serviceable, maybe even higher than that if Taylor can make a splash, but our LBs, they are downright awful. I get what you are saying but I just don't agree fully, we need better, faster, surer tackling LBers not matter who plays DT in front of them. Eventually RBs are going to get through the line or TE drags and screens are gonna happen, not matter how good it is. When you have no talent at LB the UNC box score arises.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would go as far as to say we need to sign 4 corners and 2 that are ready to play right away. Like 2 deep right away, not special teams.
If this was a full class I would be 100% behind 4 corners in this class

I think when you look at the break down you’d want

3-4OL
3-4 Dline
3 LBs
3 Corners
1 (maybe 2) safety’s
1 QB
1 TE
2 WRs

that’s 17- 20 spots right there not counting a 4th corner

If this was a full class I would be 100% behind 4 corners in this class

I think when you look at the break down you’d want

3-4OL
3-4 Dline
3 LBs
3 Corners
1 (maybe 2) safety’s
1 QB
1 TE
2 WRs

that’s 17- 20 spots right there not counting a 4th corner
Man if we get 3 LBers and 3 CBs that can play I am happy. Those positions need a serious talent uptick. Please happen.

Our current DTs are serviceable, maybe even higher than that if Taylor can make a splash, but our LBs, they are downright awful. I get what you are saying but I just don't agree fully, we need better, faster, surer tackling LBers not matter who plays DT in front of them. Eventually RBs are going to get through the line, not matter how good it is. When you have no talent at LB the UNC box score arises.
I agree with you 100%. The reason I said DT is more important because back to my original point - Clemson had a slow, un-athletic walk on linebacker and still won championship. They actually used multiple walk-ons at that position for multiple season. Yet they're winning and dominating on defense because of trenches.

I agree with you 100%. The reason I said DT is more important because back to my original point - Clemson had a slow, un-athletic walk on linebacker and still won championship. They actually used multiple walk-ons at that position for multiple season. Yet they're winning and dominating on defense because of trenches.
The ONE "unathletic, slow, walk on LB" you keep mentioning to try to make your case, are you talking about Ben Boulware?

Advertisement
It's gonna be Keontra and Flagg, one we have never seen play LB and one is not very good. We need better LBers, PERIOD.

I expect Smith to be quite impressive at WLB. Better than Pinckney. He is a natural LB, will diagnose plays quickly, and has superior athleticism. Should be a big step up.

Not a fan of Flagg. He'll get the job done against 8-9 of the teams we face in the regular season. But he'll struggle in the big games (too slow). We defeinitely need a portal MLB to get to the next level as a defense.

It's gonna be Keontra and Flagg, one we have never seen play LB and one is not very good. We need better LBers, PERIOD.

Flagg is underrated. He was a tackling machine in high school and has excellent LB instincts, but his speed was a concern. In his limited appearances, he showed he belonged on the field. In the bowl game he ended up with the 2nd highest PFF grade on the team, barely getting edged out by Nesta for top player. He also slimmed down from 240 lb to 228 lb in this offseason so he should be faster next year. You may be getting wrapped up in the recruiting rankings- Flagg is actually the one LB on the team that exceeded expectations. I'm not saying he's a three-down elite LB that can run with the top TEs in the ACC, but he's got the potential to be a solid MLB.

Advertisement
I expect Smith to be quite impressive at WLB, a better Pinckney. Not a fan of Flagg. He'll get the job done against 8-9 of the teams we face in the regular season. But he'll struggle in the big games (too slow). We defeinitely need a portal MLB to get to the next level as a defense.
I hope so, I'm a"gotta see it" guy but my hopes are high as well. Agree 10000% on needing a sure tackling MLB with some size as well. I liked the Vandy kid but we didn't go for him.

Flagg is underrated. He was a tackling machine in high school and has excellent LB instincts, but his speed was a concern. In his limited appearances, he showed he belonged on the field. In the bowl game he ended up with the 2nd highest PFF grade on the team, barely getting edged out by Nesta for top player. He also slimmed down from 240 lb to 228 lb in this offseason. You may be getting wrapped up in the recruiting rankings- Flagg is actually the one LB on the team that exceeded expectations.
I have not been impressed with what I saw. He looked slow to diagnose and get to plays when I watched. He was young, so let's see what he can do. Still badly want WB either way

I'd argue he's maybe not even in the Top 5. Stewart and Kelly are much bigger gets, IMO. You don't win without dominating lines, period. Julian Armella is a bigger piece than Bissainthe. I could argue Khamauri Rogers is more important.

Bissainthe is definitely a priority and a good prospect. If you said from a purely optics point, he's incredibly important. You can't lose kids you really need from Central, period. But from taking this team to a higher tier, the kids up front are more important to that than a 200lb backer.
Wesley is that DUDE in dade this cycle..so yea he’s priority 1. But everything you said was spot on

I feel like a lot of you forget what it looked like last year trotting 44 and 53 out there game after game. We couldn't stop the run for ****. I get DL is typically more important but we are in serious need of some difference-makers at LB.
If you putting that all in LB I’ll say that slightly skewed. The Dline has to be much better

Advertisement
Back