Is there a bigger MUST GET than Wesley Bissainthe this recruiting cycle?

We had a NFL first round pick on our DL and several other highly rated Dlineman and UNC and Clemson went through our D like it was non-existent. We are talent dead at LB, that's why to me WB is the #1 get, even if Shemar is the better player, it's about need.

I'm not asking who is the better recruit, we all know that, I'm asking what we need more, and it's WB IMO.
It's because we need more talent and depth at the DT position. One DE isn't going to solve everything.

Advertisement
He's most important in improving a position group but nobody I more important then a dominant local dlineman like Shemar

I'd argue he's maybe not even in the Top 5. Stewart and Kelly are much bigger gets, IMO. You don't win without dominating lines, period. Julian Armella is a bigger piece than Bissainthe. I could argue Khamauri Rogers is more important.

Bissainthe is definitely a priority and a good prospect. If you said from a purely optics point, he's incredibly important. You can't lose kids you really need from Central, period. But from taking this team to a higher tier, the kids up front are more important to that than a 200lb backer.

Advertisement
We CAN NOT go another cycle without getting a quality Linebacker, it is imperative. I would put it this way, a Shemar, should we get him makes the DL "better" without a doubt, but we have some guys there already that can play.

A WB should we get him makes the "linebackers" period, not "better" he is them. We have none (of Power 5 starting caliber)and another cycle with non-impact LBers and this defense will feel the effects like the UNC game. You can't ignore an entire position in CFB, it's a death sentence.

Since we need an exceptional LB desperately I'd say WB, but I can't deny a Trench Bully like Stewart more necessary. We need speed at LB.

How in TF we are losing commits from our backyard to fsux is beyond me.
Kid official visited Miami. Was not given a green light to commit (based on many opinions I have read- we have about 5 LBers ahead of him) then visited FSU and they said they would take him. Then he announces a commitment coming in the near future. He is going to the place that will take him.

Advertisement
I feel like a lot of you forget what it looked like last year trotting 44 and 53 out there game after game. We couldn't stop the run for ****. I get DL is typically more important but we are in serious need of some difference-makers at LB.

Who are the difference makers? Kids like Shaq and Pinck, who were absolutely crushed by this board constantly? Are those kids difference makers now?

I'm fully on board with the backer play needing to be a LOT better. But no coach on the planet would tell you that a 200lb Will is more of a priority than a potential Day 1, Top 15 type Edge kid. Nobody. We need Bissainthe. No doubt about it. But if you presented any coach on the planet with him vs Shemar Stewart or Julian Armella, and you can only have 1 or the other, zero point zero are taking Bissainthe.

I'd argue he's maybe not even in the Top 5. Stewart and Kelly are much bigger gets, IMO. You don't win without dominating lines, period. Julian Armella is a bigger piece than Bissainthe. I could argue Khamauri Rogers is more important.

Bissainthe is definitely a priority and a good prospect. If you said from a purely optics point, he's incredibly important. You can't lose kids you really need from Central, period. But from taking this team to a higher tier, the kids up front are more important to that than a 200lb backer.

/thread.

Advertisement
I feel like a lot of you forget what it looked like last year trotting 44 and 53 out there game after game. We couldn't stop the run for ****. I get DL is typically more important but we are in serious need of some difference-makers at LB.
BINGO

Advertisement
Shamar Stewart. He is a bigger name, bigger talent, and a DE/DT will affect offensive plays (from a disruption standpoint) more than a LB will. Both players are critical and must gets - but I give a slight nod to Shemar. My two cents.

I would also add that Shemar is physically bigger than Wesley. Therefore, Shemar is the bigger must get.

End thread.

You don’t need elite LBs to win in CFB if you have an elite DL in front of them. Bringing in Shemar and Kelly in one class and pairing them with LT is how you get there, then having high level corners on the outside.
Sure, sounds great, now we just have to sign them both and you can play MLB for our Top 5 defense in 2022.

Advertisement
Back