Is there a bigger MUST GET than Wesley Bissainthe this recruiting cycle?

You don’t need elite LBs to win in CFB if you have an elite DL in front of them. Bringing in Shemar and Kelly in one class and pairing them with LT is how you get there, then having high level corners on the outside.
So you're telling me last years defense wouldn't have been better with Shaq and Pinkney at LB? I get there is more of a premium put on DL but we aren't competing in the ACC with Jennings starting at LB.

Advertisement
Who are the difference makers? Kids like Shaq and Pinck, who were absolutely crushed by this board constantly? Are those kids difference makers now?

I'm fully on board with the backer play needing to be a LOT better. But no coach on the planet would tell you that a 200lb Will is more of a priority than a potential Day 1, Top 15 type Edge kid. Nobody. We need Bissainthe. No doubt about it. But if you presented any coach on the planet with him vs Shemar Stewart or Julian Armella, and you can only have 1 or the other, zero point zero are taking Bissainthe.

Fortunately we're not faced with one IC left in this class to fill. I don't think anyone is arguing that strength in the trenches is less important than strength at LB. I look at it as where are our biggest holes and are biggest needs.

While losing Phillips, Roche and Rousseau is a concern, its not like we like we don't have talent, its just unproven. But where are we at LB? We've trying to prevent another UNC debacle let alone matching up with Bama. If we talking about Bama, OSU etal, their roster is loaded with 5*s and high 4*s. Yes you need the Stewarts but they have the talent across the board to expose your biggest weaknesses, There's no hiding it.

What we need is a bonafide difference maker to commit, regardless of position, than the log jam may break and we'll have a better idea where this class is heading.

Sure, sounds great, now we just have to sign them both and you can play MLB for our Top 5 defense in 2022.
I mean signing Bissainthe and neither of those guys or Shemar/Kelly and not Bissainthe is a no brainer. The sport is built on the trenches. The draft is built on the trenches. I love Bissainthe as a prospect and seems like we have a great shot at him but he’s definitely not the most important recruit. There’s a reason why Clemson has a guy like Skalski starting and is critical to their success and he might not even be a guy who makes it past being a practice squad guy in the NFL.

So you're telling me last years defense wouldn't have been better with Shaq and Pinkney at LB? I get there is more of a premium put on DL but we aren't competing in the ACC with Jennings starting at LB.
…who says that? I don’t get the conclusions y’all are making from these statements. We went 9-3 with a really good DL. Having Rousseau with those guys would’ve been even more impactful. Obviously the defense would be better with 2 LBs who are currently on NFL rosters. That’s not the discussion here whatsoever though.

There are a few big names we must land....that Omar Graham kid is another along with Stewart. If we get most of these guys it would be a class that brings us back to destroying regular ACC schools.
You watch his film? Kid looks to be a future Tweener on the D-line

He’s not even a take let alone MUST land…

Bissainthe
Stewart
Rodgers

are my Big 3

Advertisement
No greater position of need than LB! I would love the luxury of being able to prioritize the line but given the current position group, LB all day long. But they are not mutually exclusive and hopefully both commit to the good guys…along with some shut down CBs.

Kid official visited Miami. Was not given a green light to commit (based on many opinions I have read- we have about 5 LBers ahead of him) then visited FSU and they said they would take him. Then he announces a commitment coming in the near future. He is going to the place that will take him.
Wow! This is the first I have heard that OG doesnt have a commitable offer. Strange indeed especially with the help we need at LB.

Advertisement
I dont know OP..getting Shemar Stewart after everyone and they mama said we had NO SHOT (sound familiar?) because he was going to the highest bidder in the SEC would just feel different. It will absolutely plant our flag in this area. You pull LTaylor, JWilliams, and SStewart in consecutive classes and local studs will take notice. The word would be out. Playing for UM is cool again especially if your a 5* kid. You dont have to go to KKK country to show your skills.

That said, getting Stewart but missing out on WB would put a bad taste in my mouth because we need both. Just like we needed JW and LT last year...But getting Stewart absolutely means more.

I look at it as Bissainthe is the #1 LB at our biggest area of need. Stewart would be a great get but would people be upset if we got Kelly and WB but not Stewart? And I get it I want all 3.

Wow! This is the first I have heard that OG doesnt have a commitable offer. Strange indeed especially with the help we need at LB.
I think he somehow underwhelmed at the cookout, and he seems on his way out and up to Tallahassee.

It looks to me like Bissainthe, Tolan, and Devon Jackson are the top targets at LB. Lathan and Ish Harris seem to be fading in their interest. I question whether Medlock has a committable offer.

Anyway, it does look like the welcome mat was pulled up on Graham.

Advertisement
I look at it as Bissainthe is the #1 LB at our biggest area of need. Stewart would be a great get but would people be upset if we got Kelly and WB but not Stewart? And I get it I want all 3.
With the way we are trending with SS..yeah I would be a little salty if he didnt get him now. Stewart and MJones Jr are first tier DEs and we gotta get one. Kelly is the #1 DE in the 2nd tier and we gotta get him too though.

1623781620060.png

It all starts in the trenches.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Khamauri Rodgers the kid from Mississippi who is probably our top corner on the board

We MUST sign at least 3 corners this class and this kid is a blue chip plug and play guy
I would go as far as to say we need to sign 4 corners and 2 that are ready to play right away. Like 2 deep right away, not special teams.

I dont know OP..getting Shemar Stewart after everyone and they mama said we had NO SHOT (sound familiar?) because he was going to the highest bidder in the SEC would just feel different. It will absolutely plant our flag in this area. You pull LTaylor, JWilliams, and SStewart in consecutive classes and local studs will take notice. The word would be out. Playing for UM is cool again especially if your a 5* kid. You dont have to go to KKK country to show your skills.

That said, getting Stewart but missing out on WB would put a bad taste in my mouth because we need both. Just like we needed JW and LT last year...But getting Stewart absolutely means more.
"sound familiar" ???? go on.......

I think the NEED for a linebacker is the immediate concern but I don’t think Bisanthe is that guy who they can plug in as a true freshman right away and be an impact player. Maybe he is but I’d still prefer another portal guy to plug in at MLB. At least for the first half of the season.

Advertisement
Back