Is Rick trying to set something up...

Kaaya is not running with ball unless it's a bad handoff or something. He will hand it off or throw it. I think it's also the same play Yearby scored on. Kaaya is slower than Byron Leftwich lol

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
...with that read option? If not, he should scrap it. When the D knows Kaaya is never going to keep it they just crash down on the back.

Hopefully, we see something develop off that where Kaaya pulls it out and throws it to a streaking receiver or keeps it and surprises the **** out of the world and gets a key 1st down somewhere down the road to help us salt a game away.

Could Rick be lulling future opponents to sleep with that play, or is just a garbage play he should junk?

https://youtu.be/tPGWEjBUCIQ

8:35 play-calling & execution - again, Richt calls same play back to back w/ RB in flat to pull LB and create lane for slant on 2 different formations.

He did it on the TD to Coley at like 9 minutes on that 3 play drive that starts at 8:35 above. And no, it's very much the way football is being played, has worked without the tertiary option, and goes with the tempo to give the O more flexibility.

Last edited:
[MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] beat me to it. I was just explaining to [MENTION=4629]ageezy[/MENTION] that we are running RPOs and not zone reads.
[MENTION=1740]brock[/MENTION] wurst. Kaay does fake passes when he hands off. Im pretty sure he did it on Yearbys touchdown and has faked a few cameramen out with it this year.

Its not "dressing" for playaction either, chise. Kaaya has optioned a few times this year.

Its a play to be reckoned with for sure.

Great thread. Was thinking the same thing. That play is open for Kaaya to go for about 20 yds once- even with his Ben Roethlisberger type of non-existent speed. Would I be nervous as **** until he actually slides or gets out of bounds? Yep. But it definitely seems like that's there for the taking at an opportune time if that's what Rick's potential plan is.

Kaaya isn't fit to lace Roethlisbeger's boots athletically.

Agreed. But I think (or would hope) that Kaaya at age 21 is at least as quick (relatively speaking) as Roethlisberger in the open field.

Advertisement
Kaaya is not running with ball unless it's a bad handoff or something. He will hand it off or throw it. I think it's also the same play Yearby scored on. Kaaya is slower than Byron Leftwich lol

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Hahaha. Points for the Leftwich reference but c'mon. Ol BL had really bad Crohn's Disease I believe. I don't think he was even able to move outside the pocket without risking $hitting his pants. Not to mention he was like 50+ lbs heavier than Kaaya.

Jokes aside, isn't Kaaya big into soccer too? Like why is he sooooo slow? I mean maybe he's not but half of us here seemingly believe he'll NEVER run. That's saying a lot- especially on the college level.

Brad and Malik gonna switch jerseys real quick on the sideline then run the play. First down Malik. ;)

The only thing that will come out of that play is an inside run or a sharp slant/bubble screen. I suppose a stepback/pump and go or some variety is also possible

Advertisement
Great thread. Was thinking the same thing. That play is open for Kaaya to go for about 20 yds once- even with his Ben Roethlisberger type of non-existent speed. Would I be nervous as **** until he actually slides or gets out of bounds? Yep. But it definitely seems like that's there for the taking at an opportune time if that's what Rick's potential plan is.

Your are fooling yourself if you think Kaaya is anywhere close to the type of runner Roethlisberger is ! The Pitt QB had a long run of 7 yds vs Philly in week 2 and a 14 yarder vs Cinn in week 3 . When has Kaaya ever done that???

Your are fooling yourself if you think Kaaya is anywhere close to the type of runner Roethlisberger is ! The Pitt QB had a long run of 7 yds vs Philly in week 2 and a 14 yarder vs Cinn in week 3 . When has Kaaya ever done that???

Take my name out of this thread.- BR

benroethlisberger.jpg

The problem isn't Kaaya's speed it's that he isn't great in the pocket. He still looks a little uncomfortable this year.

Roethlisberger's skill in the pocket and ability to keep plays alive with his feet is among the best ever.

The problem isn't Kaaya's speed it's that he isn't great in the pocket. He still looks a little uncomfortable this year.

Roethlisberger's skill in the pocket and ability to keep plays alive with his feet is among the best ever.

Haha. I don't know how we went so far down the Roethlisberger wormhole here. My original reference was just a comparison to their actual speed. Roethlisberger is able to take hits and keep the same play going that would probably knock Kaaya out of the game. Just saying that it seems like on this specific play that Chise was referencing that Kaaya could (if he ever had any inclination to do so) take off and not be touched for 20 yds- even if he's slow as ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back