Is Rhett Lashlee HC Material??

I don't think some of you realize how bad of a HC Manny really is. Our team is never prepared, they play their worst in big games, our player's freelance all the time, he won't fire his friends for the sake of the team. We commit a ton of penalties, their is no discipline. The only thing Manny does well is recruit and bring in transfers.

I don't think you realize how bad of shape the program was in before Diaz took over. The QB room alone was an absolute disaster and that sure as **** wasn't his fault.

You're right about some of this. But it's too early to say definitively if this is a result of Diaz's inability or a serious culture problem.

Advertisement
Why? We went from one of the worst P5 offenses to one of the 20 best with him.
Without a spring and half of summer, while installing a new offensive system with a transfer QB new to the system and team. Oh, and let’s not forget that the offense had multiple weeks with players unavailable throughout the season because of Covid protocols. It boggles my mind that people don’t understand how much work it takes behind the scenes for these offenses to run smoothly, and how much time was lost due to Covid.

A lot of absurdity in this thread.

I like a lot of what I see from Lashlee, and he may well indeed end up being a very good head coach.

Somewhere.

But unless we have some “can’t miss” guy, Miami should not be a training ground for an unproven coach with no experience as a head coach.

Before anyone throws Ryan Day at me, those were different circumstances, and he was an interim HC, plus had more broader, longer, and a greater track record of success.

I want a big boy, systematized coaching search with no corners cut.

Advertisement
Lashlee, on resume and reputation, is more qualified to be a HC than Manny was when temple came calling. Is he HC material, probably. But, we want a proven HC next. No more learning on the job. No more shortcuts.

We have a local talent pool that would make any P5 coach atleast pick up the phone. But, we (UM) dont $upport this program in a way that would
make UM a serious contender.

May be.
I agree, He’s definitely an upgrade but I’m not that impressed with his playbook so far. Run game is too predictable and the passing game needs to be more consistent. Play calling is also inconsistent, he seems to go in a shell when DCs knock him off track.
Passing games needs to be more consistent? Is that on him or those sorry receivers?

Advertisement
If he has another big year he’s gone. His first year we ranked 32nd with No off season, veteran WRs dropping passes all over the place and teaching a qb a new offense in season.
next year I easily see a top 15 offense.
Agreed. I think with a full off-season that Lashlee will have the offense humming in 2021. **** shame King got hurt or we could see some fireworks. Hopefully D’Eriq has a full recovery and is ready Week 1.

So much more goes into being a HC than designing and calling plays. I have no idea whether he possesses those traits.

That said, if you are a good enough coordinator, you usually climb the ladder and get a shot. Is he a good enough coordinator? I’d say the jury is still out.

He has only been at the P5 level for 1 season. He didn’t do enough in that season to warrant a job just yet, IMO.

I’d like to see his offense with a serviceable interior OL. Does he do more with the run game? If he does, he has the potential to be a very good OC.

And between Gus/Sonny/Miami, he certainly has the pedigree to warrant a decent G5 job. Time will tell.

A lot of absurdity in this thread.

I like a lot of what I see from Lashlee, and he may well indeed end up being a very good head coach.

Somewhere.

But unless we have some “can’t miss” guy, Miami should not be a training ground for an unproven coach with no experience as a head coach.

Before anyone throws Ryan Day at me, those were different circumstances, and he was an interim HC, plus had more broader, longer, and a greater track record of success.

I want a big boy, systematized coaching search with no corners cut.
We all know it's just going to end with us hiring Rod Carey after he goes 9-4 Next year

Advertisement
We all know it's just going to end with us hiring Rod Carey after he goes 9-4 Next year

Who knows. Life comes at you fast and always throws you curveballs. Who could have predicted all the twists and turns of 2020. We’re due for some good years I guess. I hope.

Among teams who played 10 games or more we were. We scored 34 points and game and close to 450 yards s game
Against UNC, UAB, Pitt, UVA, VT & Clemson (6 games) (teams combined for 40 wins)
363 YPG
23 PPG
37 Punts (over 6 per game)
Scored on 24/75 possessions (17 TD's)

Against FSU, OSU, UL, NC ST, Duke (5 games) (teams combined for 21 wins)
531 YPG
36 PPG
13 Punts (2.5 per game)
Scored on 38/58 possessions (27 TD's)

Top 20 offense my ***. I don't care what we are ranked. When we can put up the bottom numbers against the top teams then we are legit.
Like I said in my earlier post. Half our games our offense stunk. 17 TD's in 75 possessions is putrid. I have to believe our talent level is better than that.
So whats the reason for the difference?

Advertisement
Back