Is Rhett Lashlee HC Material??

Advertisement
So, the solution is for us to make the same mistake again by hiring Rhett? It’s time for this program to get serious. We shouldn’t be the training ground for green head coaches. Go out and replace Manny with someone who has experience.
I'm not saying we hire Lashlee. Im just saying hes far more HC material then Manny was when he was hired. If he produces a Top 20 offense next season then he's getting a P5 HC job.

I don't think some of you realize how bad of a HC Manny really is. Our team is never prepared, they play their worst in big games, our player's freelance all the time, he won't fire his friends for the sake of the team. We commit a ton of penalties, their is no discipline. The only thing Manny does well is recruit and bring in transfers.

Dude this post made me straight lol

Advertisement
I’m not even sold on if he is OC material.

I agree, He’s definitely an upgrade but I’m not that impressed with his playbook so far. Run game is too predictable and the passing game needs to be more consistent. Play calling is also inconsistent, he seems to go in a shell when DCs knock him off track.

OP is basically describing Manny as a DC. Top 10 defenses, young, innovative, etc. His external hires (when he hasn't been stubborn to make them) have all been impressive as well minus the Enos fiasco.

I look at Lash a lot like how I look at Manny.

His style and scheme alone made us light years ahead of what we were with Enos. Similar to the upgrade we saw with Manny vs D’onofrio.

Let’s see if Lashlee’s offense (Sonny Dykes influenced variation), which has never really had an above average running game can beat the great teams. Like Diaz, his scheme can put it on less talented teams, but can it step into the Clemson realm and stand its ground and take shots? I’m not saying I expect for it to have been there this early on, but it still remains to be seen.

Advertisement
I think Lashlee taking over as HC would be tolerated if not for Manny has done by being “promoted from within”. Can’t take that chance doing it twice in a row. You might have to lose out what Lashlee could be for what you are currently dealing with.

I don't think some of you realize how bad of a HC Manny really is. Our team is never prepared, they play their worst in big games, our player's freelance all the time, he won't fire his friends for the sake of the team. We commit a ton of penalties, their is no discipline. The only thing Manny does well is recruit and bring in transfers.
then take a CEO role turn the D over to a top notch DC and ecru and work the portal. hard to believe the decision by B.James to have such a lazy search and if CMD goes....... so goes Blake.
100% agree with post

I agree, He’s definitely an upgrade but I’m not that impressed with his playbook so far. Run game is too predictable and the passing game needs to be more consistent. Play calling is also inconsistent, he seems to go in a shell when DCs knock him off track.
100% agree. Definately an upgrade from Enos. Who wouldnt be? Running game was ineffective and play calling was often bad. King misread the read option way too much. On the whole our Offense under performed in half our games. tons of dropped passes. Without King we were a .500 football team.
In fairness, no spring and many stretches of covid crap ******** with practice and causing roster issues I'm sure contributed to some of the problems. I expected more. Maybe thats not fair.
I am not saying he isnt the guy. just that I have concerns. For some of you to say its a dumb post? I get why you might disagree but dumb?
Pitt, VT, Virginia. There is no arguing that the offense was horrendous. Clemson, UNC, & UAB. Is it arguable that our offense under performed? Thats 6/11 games our offense was bad.

Advertisement
Lashlee's commitment to dumbassery in the run game + some questionable situational playcalls do worry me but I think he has good tools to be a HC somewhere soon.

Advertisement
If he has another big year he’s gone. His first year we ranked 32nd with No off season, veteran WRs dropping passes all over the place and teaching a qb a new offense in season.
next year I easily see a top 15 offense.
That's the step we need to see. Manny did that as DC in year 2 and 3. Improvement from the offensive equivalent of D'No was expected. A great OC takes the next step from slightly above average to great

I think Lashlee taking over as HC would be tolerated if not for Manny has done by being “promoted from within”. Can’t take that chance doing it twice in a row. You might have to lose out what Lashlee could be for what you are currently dealing with.
Yeah makes sense but if Lashlee improves the offense from last year, which I think he will. Then he's getting a quality HC Gig somewhere. Either a Major G5 school or a low end Power 5 like a Maryland, Purdue, Wake Forest, Texas Tech or something along those lines

Advertisement
Back