Is Rhett Lashlee HC Material??

I agree, He’s definitely an upgrade but I’m not that impressed with his playbook so far. Run game is too predictable and the passing game needs to be more consistent. Play calling is also inconsistent, he seems to go in a shell when DCs knock him off track.
We don't have a consistent passer and WRs who get separation. King is a great QB due to his mobility but as a passer he's very inconsistent just like the WRs. We probably Left about 1000 yards of offense on the field last season.

Advertisement
100% agree. Definately an upgrade from Enos. Who wouldnt be? Running game was ineffective and play calling was often bad. King misread the read option way too much. On the whole our Offense under performed in half our games. tons of dropped passes. Without King we were a .500 football team.
In fairness, no spring and many stretches of covid crap ******** with practice and causing roster issues I'm sure contributed to some of the problems. I expected more. Maybe thats not fair.
I am not saying he isnt the guy. just that I have concerns. For some of you to say its a dumb post? I get why you might disagree but dumb?
Pitt, VT, Virginia. There is no arguing that the offense was horrendous. Clemson, UNC, & UAB. Is it arguable that our offense under performed? Thats 6/11 games our offense was bad.
I wouldn't say the offense was bad against NC we just didn't have the ball much. The defense gave up 800 yards and NC held on to the ball for 40 mins.

This is one of those rare posts that gets upvoted by both sides of the divide for different reasons.

Slurpers don’t appreciate the demeaning connotation to Manolo.

Mopes don’t want another first time HC from what would be a failed coaching staff.
The Mopes would win 47-3

We don't have a consistent passer and WRs who get separation. King is a great QB due to his mobility but as a passer he's very inconsistent just like the WRs. We probably Left about 1000 yards of offense on the field last season.
I disagree on the consistent passer part. Bad passes here and there and overthrows happens to everyone. And we didnt have a real summer to build continuity. King can beat teams standing in the pocket. The mobility was used to really mask the o line.

Advertisement
I agree, He’s definitely an upgrade but I’m not that impressed with his playbook so far. Run game is too predictable and the passing game needs to be more consistent. Play calling is also inconsistent, he seems to go in a shell when DCs knock him off track.
Keep in mind we basically have 3 OC’s on O with Likens and Justice having been OC’s at previous stops. Couple that with having a 5th year senior last season with multiple years starting experience, the improvement we saw was warranted. Everyone gives maybe too much credit after seeing Enos’ god awful offense.

Advertisement
Why? We went from one of the worst P5 offenses to one of the 20 best with him.
Not a top 20 offense this year. Definitely not top 20 if all teams were playing and playing full schedules. Maybe he has that potential. This year with a healthy King or at least a solid QB room will prove that he is a top 15-20 OC. I hope so. Ive seen glimpses of it. Lets see a whole season of it. ACC was a total **** show.

I wouldn't say the offense was bad against NC we just didn't have the ball much. The defense gave up 800 yards and NC held on to the ball for 40 mins.
Thats fair. All the more reason to have a running game when playing a good offensive team. We seem to have at least one of those games every yr. UNC defense gave up a **** ton of points this yr. Early in the game we had numerous chances to answer their score and failed. Then we quit. Which is a whole other concern. We have 19/22 starters back from a team that quit in a game that the orange bowl was riding on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Or he could stay and replace Manny... I was against us hiring Manny as HC. But Lashlee is a different story, he's a bright young offensive mind who can call plays for us and we wouldn't be forced to hire an OC constantly. I'm not saying we definitely hire him but he should be one of the interviews
The howls that would take place if that were to happen....

Not a top 20 offense this year. Definitely not top 20 if all teams were playing and playing full schedules. Maybe he has that potential. This year with a healthy King or at least a solid QB room will prove that he is a top 15-20 OC. I hope so. Ive seen glimpses of it. Lets see a whole season of it. ACC was a total **** show.
Among teams who played 10 games or more we were. We scored 34 points and game and close to 450 yards s game

Yeah I think he is. He has a really cool personality from the videos UM posts. Players 100% would respect him.

The players loved Larry Coker.

Being affable doesn't mean you can run an operation of that magnitude. My personal opinion is Lashlee probably could, but I never want a first-time HC at Miami again. This **** has been ridiculous.

Advertisement
Back