Is Morris our best QB since Dorsey?

Advertisement
You're rating Jacory above Morris? Morris has a much better chance of making it in the NFL than Dorsey did.

Berlin
Jacory
Morris
Wright
Freeman

1) There really isn't a definitive criteria here

2) Jacory threw 70 TD passes at Miami and had a nice senior season until his final game. The kid deserves some credit, however much people may hate him.

Last edited:
Berlin
Jacory
Morris
Wright
Freeman

I would rate them:

Morris
Berlin
Harris
Wright
Freeman

Jacory Harris was an INT machine as a sophmore and junior and while Morris had the int. bug as a freshman he showed much better decision making last season.

Advertisement
You're rating Jacory above Morris? Morris has a much better chance of making it in the NFL than Dorsey did.

Berlin
Jacory
Morris
Wright
Freeman

1) There really isn't a definitive criteria here

2) Jacory threw 70 TD passes at Miami and had a nice senior season until his final game. The kid deserves from credit, however much people may hate him.

He also set the record for ints. agree he had a nice senior year but there is no way I'm putting him ahead of Morris.

What exactly has Morris accomplished?

28 TD 18 INT

9-7 record as a starter

Sure he had a nice season in 2012, but let's not get carried away here.

28 TD 18 INT

9-7 record as a starter

As a full time starter Morris 21 tds and 7 ints. Kid wenht 7-5 with arguably the worst defense in school history. I would say that's a pretty impressive first year starting.

Rok,

One game tomorrow, who you taking and why? Jacory or Morris?

I got Morris everyday and twice on Sunday. Much better arm, more elusive, better decision making, and a better leader.

Advertisement

28 TD 18 INT

9-7 record as a starter

The question was is he the best QB since Dorsey, it is an opinion.

Considering we have had had a ton of suck since Dorsey (Wright/Freeman and Harris) it doesn't mean much. Berlin won a lot of big games but him versus Morris, I think Morris is better (which isn't saying much).

28 TD 18 INT

9-7 record as a starter

As a full time starter Morris 21 tds and 7 ints. Kid wenht 7-5 with arguably the worst defense in school history. I would say that's a pretty impressive first year starting.

Fair enough. He certainly had some nice moments in 2012, but he wasn't as consistent as he needed to be. I'm expecting big things in 2013.

Rok,

I got Morris everyday and twice on Sunday. Much better arm, more elusive, better decision making, and a better leader.

I'll go with Morris. The only reason I have Jacory ahead of him is because his career here still isn't over. And while Jacory was only 21-14 as a starter, he did have some success here. Brock Berlin got the job done and to me is the clear cut #1 behind Dorsey until Morris proves otherwise.

I'll go with Morris. The only reason I have Jacory ahead of him is because his career here still isn't over. And while Jacory was only 21-14 as a starter, he did have some success here.

Wow. Let me put it this way, how many games has Jacory single handedly lost? I would never roll with Harris over Morris, the numerous 3-4 INT games would make me vomit.

28 TD 18 INT

9-7 record as a starter

Fair enough. He certainly had some nice moments in 2012, but he wasn't as consistent as he needed to be. I'm expecting big things in 2013.

Rok,

I'll go with Morris. The only reason I have Jacory ahead of him is because his career here still isn't over. And while Jacory was only 21-14 as a starter, he did have some success here. Brock Berlin got the job done and to me is the clear cut #1 behind Dorsey until Morris proves otherwise.

I will agree that Morris still has a lot to prove and this season will go a long way to making his legacy. I see us as a 10 win team at worswith the potential to make the BCS. If he does all that and continues to improve his career will go down as a huge success.

Advertisement
I'll go with Morris. The only reason I have Jacory ahead of him is because his career here still isn't over. And while Jacory was only 21-14 as a starter, he did have some success here.

Wow. Let me put it this way, how many games has Jacory single handedly lost? I would never roll with Harris over Morris, the numerous 3-4 INT games would make me vomit.

Yeah I agree. But from a big picture standpoint, Morris hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in his time here. I think we'll all be pretty disappointed if he doesn't do just that in 2013.

Yeah I agree. But from a big picture standpoint, Morris hasn't exactly lit the world on fire in his time here. I think we'll all be pretty disappointed if he doesn't do just that in 2013.

That wasn't the question. The question is Morris our Best QB since Dorsey. Like I said, he isn't competing against world-beaters.

Jacory had no problem losing games all by himself, you give the other team 3 extra possessions PER GAME and you make it easy for them.

Advertisement
I have a feeling you guys are going to be crowning Morris once this season is over.

I predict he'll be a part of the Heisman talk late into the season.

We exaggerate the past so much... The only games I can recall Harris losing for us was OSU 2010 and UNC 09... For the most part the kid kept us in games... As of right now I'll take Harris... Morris completion rating is a bit low and his stats are accumulated against bad teams... Morris struggled against the decent teams on our schedule... KSU, vt, UNC, FSU, ND and even UVA... He put up good numbers but he beat up the bad teams for those numbers... I do think his ceiling maybe the highest I have seen of a UM qb(I'm only 25 and Covington was the first qb I saw for UM and my favorite), but he has a long way to go... He needs to become more consistent... Hate or love Hsrris you know the game is coming down to the wire regardless of the opponent... For some reason our fans hate him and he did a lot more good than bad... His bad was just detrimental to some our outcomes... Ints can hurt you...

Morris is still a wild card... Consistency is his issue... And a low completion percentage... He should post no lower than 60 this year...

The deciding factor in all of this would indeed be a shirtless pic of Morris compared with one of Jacory.

Morris had 7 games where his completion rate was under 60%

Has thrown for over 300 yards only 4 times in 16 career starts

He's got a long way to go before we start talking about Heisman Trophy

Advertisement
Back