Is Mario Cristobal a scrub?

No offense OP but you are probably a scrub and bigger scrub than Mario. Along with a very vocal
Overly pessimistic and critical group of posters here.

And no I’m not accepting some GenZ watered down gamer-nerd definition of what a scrub is.

the real definition of the word’s origin is a broke bum, who is trying to borrow clout and pretend to something he’s not.

Another trait of a scrub is they spend a lot of time hating on other ppl. Generally is not a winner and not very good at anything.

I don’t need to “google it” to know what it means.

The reality is even if Mario never wins another game he can’t be a scrub. He’s one of the highest paid ppl in his profession and coaching at one of the premiere places of his field. He won titles at multiple stops and was a key part of those titles. A minority with a public school education making millions a year, he fully beat the odds.

It’s a CIS narrative that “Mario isn’t successful” and “isn’t a good coach” because he likes to run the ball more than they wish.

But I guess kudos for finding an original way to say you don’t like his coaching and the decisions he makes…

Advertisement
Filmcane, I appreciate your comments but he is far from the best we've had in recent times. Do your realize the resources Mario had at Oregon? He has an incredible amount of resources, money, dynamic facilities, and much more. None of those prior coaches had that at all. He may be a great recruiter but that's where it stops. He is super deficient in all other head coaching responsibilites. Tell me about the culture ? The culture is to play to lose, I can't manage the clock, I have completely screwed up the QB position, and let's not forget what a disciplinarian I am. So many stupid dumb penalties my players take and I let it continue with zero punishment. The players who do this behavior take after their head coach. MIAMI MUST GET A CO HEAD COACH TO MANAGE GAME DAY DECISIONS. It seems to me that Mario is on an ego trip. I've been watching football for over 63 years, been to 6 Super Bowls, 7 National Championship games along with being a Cane supporter for 42 years. Mario is the worst of the worst and does not make himself accountable for this plethora of coaching mistakes.

I'm very hard on him right now as well, but dude has won his conference multiple times, had multiple back-to-back 10 win seasons, won the Rose Bowl and went to the shoe and beat the *'s when everyone thought he'd get blown out.

I'd like to believe that what's happened here is a combo of bad fortune and the bad fortune compounding his weaknesses.

It's all still correctable, but he is empirically better and more successful than any coach we've had since Coker (who had been handed the keys to the space shuttle).
He won the pac 12 once on actual merit. In 2020, he was 4-3 and only went to the title game because Washington caught the bug. And we need to stop acting like winning the rose bowl = he’s a good coach. do people think clay Helton is a great coach because he won a rose bowl?

Advertisement
Nope. Not implying that. But Talent and recruiting/evaluations is more important. That’s all I’m saying. Leave Saban out and insert Kirby. He was nobody until he got his chance. The best teams in the Country competing at the highest levels are annually the most talented teams. They have difference making guys..we don’t have that yet.
Is Washington flush with 4 and 5 star talent or did they evaluate.. develop and put kids in a really good schemes?

I wanted Lane Kiffin since he left FAU so… yeah that’s that
It’s a number of guys that wanted Lanes as the HC here but nobody said they jus flat out “wanted him since he left FAU” kinda foolishness time u in round here champ! I tell u what! Don’t worry bout it! HEY YO SCOTT!!!!!!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the ***** button

Advertisement
Filmcane, I appreciate your comments but he is far from the best we've had in recent times. Do your realize the resources Mario had at Oregon? He has an incredible amount of resources, money, dynamic facilities, and much more. None of those prior coaches had that at all. He may be a great recruiter but that's where it stops. He is super deficient in all other head coaching responsibilites. Tell me about the culture ? The culture is to play to lose, I can't manage the clock, I have completely screwed up the QB position, and let's not forget what a disciplinarian I am. So many stupid dumb penalties my players take and I let it continue with zero punishment. The players who do this behavior take after their head coach. MIAMI MUST GET A CO HEAD COACH TO MANAGE GAME DAY DECISIONS. It seems to me that Mario is on an ego trip. I've been watching football for over 63 years, been to 6 Super Bowls, 7 National Championship games along with being a Cane supporter for 42 years. Mario is the worst of the worst and does not make himself accountable for this plethora of coaching mistakes.
It is great you have watched a lot of football, but it seems you don’t understand football. No coach is perfect, and for all the haters Mario has his flaws we all know what they are. But, Mario like Butch Davis and Jimmy Johnson know talent, and can recruit like no one else. How many coaches could get a top 4 class after 5-7 and 7-6 season. He is our first coach in close to 15 years to recruit back to back top 10 team. He was brought in to fix Miami. Sometimes you can do a quick fix, but sometimes you need to tear the whole thing down and re-build from the ground up. After 20 years of mediocrity we should be grateful we finally have the guy willing to do this for Miami. If you can’t see that we are heading in the right direction then, you don’t understand football. We are still are couple years away. His first real class will be Sophomore this year. Imagine what this looks like in two years. So sit back and stop hating on a coach who walked away from a great spot in Oregon, making money, team was winning to come home and help build back Miami because he cares as much about Miami as any of us on this board if not more.

No offense OP but you are probably a scrub and bigger scrub than Mario. Along with a very vocal
Overly pessimistic and critical group of posters here.

And no I’m not accepting some GenZ watered down gamer-nerd definition of what a scrub is.

the real definition of the word’s origin is a broke bum, who is trying to borrow clout and pretend to something he’s not.

Another trait of a scrub is they spend a lot of time hating on other ppl. Generally is not a winner and not very good at anything.

I don’t need to “google it” to know what it means.

The reality is even if Mario never wins another game he can’t be a scrub. He’s one of the highest paid ppl in his profession and coaching at one of the premiere places of his field. He won titles at multiple stops and was a key part of those titles. A minority with a public school education making millions a year, he fully beat the odds.

It’s a CIS narrative that “Mario isn’t successful” and “isn’t a good coach” because he likes to run the ball more than they wish.

But I guess kudos for finding an original way to say you don’t like his coaching and the decisions he makes…
Nah, the CIS narrative is that Mario isn't a good coach because his team loses more than it wins. If he starts to win actual football games, that narrative will change. If Miami actually puts a good football product on the field and the team actually wins at a high level, nobody will complain about the terrible coaching job.

Nah, the CIS narrative is that Mario isn't a good coach because his team loses more than it wins. If he starts to win actual football games, that narrative will change. If Miami actually puts a good football product on the field and the team actually wins at a high level, nobody will complain about the terrible coaching job.
This is the craziest **** I've ever heard. Are you insinuating that the results will dictate the response? Bookmarked.

It is great you have watched a lot of football, but it seems you don’t understand football. No coach is perfect, and for all the haters Mario has his flaws we all know what they are. But, Mario like Butch Davis and Jimmy Johnson know talent, and can recruit like no one else. How many coaches could get a top 4 class after 5-7 and 7-6 season. He is our first coach in close to 15 years to recruit back to back top 10 team. He was brought in to fix Miami. Sometimes you can do a quick fix, but sometimes you need to tear the whole thing down and re-build from the ground up. After 20 years of mediocrity we should be grateful we finally have the guy willing to do this for Miami. If you can’t see that we are heading in the right direction then, you don’t understand football. We are still are couple years away. His first real class will be Sophomore this year. Imagine what this looks like in two years. So sit back and stop hating on a coach who walked away from a great spot in Oregon, making money, team was winning to come home and help build back Miami because he cares as much about Miami as any of us on this board if not more.
He took a program that won 15 games in manny’s last two seasons (really would have been more like 16 or 17 without canceled games) and he followed that up with 12 wins in his first two seasons. Yeah great job…You don’t know football if you think we’ll be good just because of our recruiting and because he was so noble and selfless in taking the Miami job for $80 million dollars…God bless that man.

Advertisement
It’s a number of guys that wanted Lanes as the HC here but nobody said they jus flat out “wanted him since he left FAU” kinda foolishness time u in round here champ! I tell u what! Don’t worry bout it! HEY YO SCOTT!!!!!!
Scott Hall Wrestling GIF by WWE

Hey yo! Hit the ***** button
Ok Mr i need attention. When Lane left FAU was the same year we hired Manny, I had said we should keep Manny at DC and hire Lane as HC

Advertisement
If he would just go full "Bobby Bowden", he would be perfect. Be the face of the program, close recruiting battles, and let OC's and DC's cook.

He took a program that won 15 games in manny’s last two seasons (really would have been more like 16 or 17 without canceled games) and he followed that up with 12 wins in his first two seasons. Yeah great job…You don’t know football if you think we’ll be good just because of our recruiting and because he was so noble and selfless in taking the Miami job for $80 million dollars…God bless that man.
He took a team and had to rebuild it, because Manny’s team were mediocre. His first year Tyler got hurt and had to rely on a Freshman QB. Do you honestly think this 2024 team is worst then the 2021? Seriously, just stop. Yes recruiting top 10 teams year in and year out produces great team. We haven’t done that in 15 years.

Nope. Not implying that. But Talent and recruiting/evaluations is more important. That’s all I’m saying. Leave Saban out and insert Kirby. He was nobody until he got his chance. The best teams in the Country competing at the highest levels are annually the most talented teams. They have difference making guys..we don’t have that yet.
Saban went 12-2 in his second year. That's with the loser 7-6 players at the helm.

He took a team and had to rebuild it, because Manny’s team were mediocre. His first year Tyler got hurt and had to rely on a Freshman QB. Do you honestly think this 2024 team is worst then the 2021? Seriously, just stop. Yes recruiting top 10 teams year in and year out produces great team. We haven’t done that in 15 years.
The rebuild BS is just another excuse for people like you to preserve hope and delay accountability. like I said, if he’s rebuilding, two years later we’re worse off than when he started. And I guess you’re not aware of the recruiting wins, but saturday losses, that have happened to tamu, Texas (before this year), USC, Florida, Auburn, etc

and yes, I think this 2024 team is very similar to 2021, but we played bama and a top 10 msu team that year, we have nothing like that on the schedule for 2024. We also had 2 good qbs in 2021, we don’t have even one yet for 2024. Mario has never recruited a gamechanger qb as HC, so it’s stupid to think he will now

Advertisement
Back