Is Mario Cristobal a scrub?

Tired Girl Of My Dreams GIF by Graduation

Advertisement
Michigan was 5-7 the year before Harbaugh arrived and 10-3 in his first season. And that was before the portal.

Coaching is more important than recruiting.

Completely unrelated to this thread. You know. Like totally, completely unrelated...
Nick Saban was 7-6 his first year..signed the number signed a top 5 class..two years later national champs

Recruiting> Message board experts..we’ve seen too many of the elite coaches..Saban & Kirby allude to this…Coker won a championship..and y’all say he was corch

Nick Saban was 7-6 his first year..signed the number signed a top 5 class..two years later national champs

Recruiting> Message board experts..we’ve seen too many of the elite coaches..Saban & Kirby allude to this…Coker won a championship..and y’all say he was corch
Was Saban an elite coach prior to Alabama? Are you implying he and Mario have anything in common? If so @WaterburyCane we need an emergency recount.

Advertisement
Was Saban an elite coach prior to Alabama? Are you implying he and Mario have anything in common? If so @WaterburyCane we need an emergency recount.
Nope. Not implying that. But Talent and recruiting/evaluations is more important. That’s all I’m saying. Leave Saban out and insert Kirby. He was nobody until he got his chance. The best teams in the Country competing at the highest levels are annually the most talented teams. They have difference making guys..we don’t have that yet.

Nope. Not implying that. But Talent and recruiting/evaluations is more important. That’s all I’m saying. Leave Saban out and insert Kirby. He was nobody until he got his chance. The best teams in the Country competing at the highest levels are annually the most talented teams. They have difference making guys..we don’t have that yet.
Ok well insert Jimbo Fisher instead of Kirby Smart and add in terrible game day decision making with a horrible scheme.

Advertisement
Go fly another banner. Mario leaves rent free in your head. Get a hobby and stop this non sense. There's no one on here that think Mario is going to out smart you. He's about culture and talent acquisition. Do you really think Mike Bobo and Will Muschamp are elite?
Real simple

Talent evaluation
Talent acquisition
Culture
Development
Scheme

In that order

Ok well insert Jimbo Fisher instead of Kirby Smart and add in terrible game day decision making with a horrible scheme.
Jimbo is the perfect example..he won a natty..because of TALENT..that’s pretty much making my point. He could never find another Winston at QB..again recruiting/evaluations & talent.

Look idk what MC will do once he gets the talent/depth level where it needs to be. That remains to be seen. I did see him win 2 conference titles out west & we saw him go into the horseshoe with a less talented roster and win in a pretty commanding fashion as well. There are plenty of good coaches all over America. The difference between that and very very few at the top..just check recruiting rankings & NFL draft production

Advertisement
I think the record is more indicative of what the program had become overall…this is a protect I did a few years back that I want the mopes around here to do..go look at recruiting classes from 2015-20..do a “where are they now test”..include the guys we thought were studs out of HS who we latter asked “WTF is Robert Knowles playing over him”..”how is steed playing over brooks”..”why isn’t kosi playing over Malik”..pope, lingard etc etc..include the guys who left as well recently in the TP..Mello brinson..K smith..Jake Garcia..you’ll notice a pattern

Evaluations
Recruiting
Talent acquisition
This are the proven roads to success

I think the record is more indicative of what the program had become overall…this is a protect I did a few years back that I want the mopes around here to do..go look at recruiting classes from 2015-20..do a “where are they now test”..include the guys we thought were studs out of HS who we latter asked “WTF is Robert Knowles playing over him”..”how is steed playing over brooks”..”why isn’t kosi playing over Malik”..pope, lingard etc etc..include the guys who left as well recently in the TP..Mello brinson..K smith..Jake Garcia..you’ll notice a pattern

Evaluations
Recruiting
Talent acquisition
This are the proven roads to success

Oregon Drafts:

2019: (4) 4th, 5th and 2 7ths
- CB, Edge, WR/Edge

2020: (4) Herbert in the 1st; 4th, 5th and 6th
- QB; LB, G, C

2021: (5) Penei Sewell in the 1st; a high 2nd,
5th, and 2 6ths
- OT, SAF, CB, CB/SAF

2022: (1) Thibs in the 1st - Edge

2023: (6) 1st (Lanning portal), DJ Johnson in 3rd, 5th, 6th and 2 7th (1 Lanning portal)
- CB, Edge, LB, OT, C/DT

Over the same time frame, Miami's were similar...

May be difficult to fully tell the story with coaches moving around and players moving through the portal..

Advertisement
Jimbo is the perfect example..he won a natty..because of TALENT..that’s pretty much making my point. He could never find another Winston at QB..again recruiting/evaluations & talent.

Look idk what MC will do once he gets the talent/depth level where it needs to be. That remains to be seen. I did see him win 2 conference titles out west & we saw him go into the horseshoe with a less talented roster and win in a pretty commanding fashion as well. There are plenty of good coaches all over America. The difference between that and very very few at the top..just check recruiting rankings & NFL draft production
Jumbo was a head coach for 13 years, 7 of them at fsu. He had Winston for 3 years. He's now fired. If we gotta hope Mario gets lucky with a qb talent to win, we're screwed. I'd rather be Washington than Michigan.

I get people making jokes about a post that contains way too much effort for such an unimportant topic, but the post itself is correct.

Marios biggest flaw is himself. Sports is fairly simple, winning matters more than anything else. It's not HOW you win, its the fact that you did it.

Sticking to ideals and philosophies with little adjustments won't win you things. And football is a fairly simple game in that aspect, because it's a numbers (therefore a matchup) game.

Miami is not a matchup team. Miami tries to win their way and their way only. If Mario would simply stick to the things that he does well, which is coach O-Line and recruit, we'd be juuuuust fine. But we aren't, because... ya know.

Advertisement
Back