Coaching Is Manny Diaz the next Dabo Swinney?

Every time Manny has had the opportunity to thrust this program into any sort of relevance he has failed.
Could’ve won the state a few years ago by beating both FSU and UF
Failed
Hiring a quality DC: Fail
Using the portal to get a linebacker: Fail
Clemson game: Fail
Win a bowl game against an average team: Fail
Bama game: Fail
Beat a Michigan state team full of transfers who ran a basic offensive and defensive scheme in 90 weather in high noon: Fail
Blow out app state at home with way more talent in the 2nd stringers than their starters: Fail
Starting the best players: Fail

Winning today will prove nothing unless it’s a legit curb stomping. But op will come in here and act like we’ve turned some kind of corner cause we beat uva by less then a touchdown.
I’ve never in my time as a cane fan actually walked up to the stadium like I do this season. I literally begin to brain storm all the possible ways that manny will Fck up the game. He exceeds my expectations in that weekly.
I saw a possible loss to Michigan state cause of manny. But what I didn’t expect is a total *** kicking.

I try so hard to be optimistic man. I really fckng do. But until we start doing what we’re supposed to be doing with talent we have I’ll just sit back and cheer my team and wait for that long *** walk back to my car.

We should have one loss to a great team and 3 total one sided as whoops. Anyone who says I’m being too optimistic is crazy. The last 3 games are against sht schools. And any team that would be a season away from the playoffs would be handling it’s business.
FOH OP.

Not to forget how we finished last year....

Advertisement
OP you seem to have time on your hands. Go look at their games and report back if Clemson was getting beat those seasons because of terrible tackling, missed blocking assignments and bad penalties.

This year I had optimism. I had faith. I knew alabama would win but I wanted to see how they won. They didn’t have to try. We were insanely sloppy and couldn’t get the fundamentals down right. That’s when I knew nothing had changed. You cannot skip the basic steps and think **** won’t fall. You can build a mansion with some **** materials and that thing will fall no matter how good it looks. Alabama showed me everything I needed to see.

Did you consider that CMR likely left because he I as diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and figured to make the most of his life with the time that he had left of being active and able?

Very unlikely, considering OP couldn't spell Coach Richt's name correctly.

Advertisement
There are so many variables, comparing one coaches tenure to another is completely asinine. We have to look directly at Manny’s accomplishments, or lack thereof, and base our impressions solely on his body of work.

I was willing to let this season play out and give Manny every opportunity to prove he could get the job done. I’ve seen enough to form an unbiased opinion.

Has Manny done some good things? No doubt. You all know what they are so I won’t waste my time or yours typing them out. For me the question/s is/are have the positives outweighed the negatives? I believe the answer is now a resounding NO.

I could list the negatives but then again, you all know what they are. Unless Manny runs the table and wins the Corstal, it’ll be time for a change.

Ed Orgeron agrees with this.

Yup. So does Gene Chizik. But Ed O is an excellent example. The entire world thinks he's a complete mutant. He gets Joe Burrow, who was average at best in 2018. Recruits Louisiana well, assembles a ton of talent. Hires Joe Brady and keeps Dave Aranda.

And what happens?

Boom. This sub-human monster who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag "coaches" one of the best teams of all-time, bar none. They absolutely smash everyone in their way, and win a Natty. Then everyone leaves, the kids go to the NFL, the coaches move on. And wow....he forgot how to coach again. Would you look at that. Guy develops amnesia overnight. Can you believe it? From a guy who needs a drool cup, to an undefeated, undisputed national champion, to a Cookie Monster sounding buffoon.

Hmm. Record pre-2019: 16-27

Record in 2019: 15-0

Record since 2019: 8-6

How do you guys think he forgot how to coach? Was it the Men In Black magic wand? Hit by a bus? Alzheimers? What do you guys think?

Yup. So does Gene Chizik. But Ed O is an excellent example. The entire world thinks he's a complete mutant. He gets Joe Burrow, who was average at best in 2018. Recruits Louisiana well, assembles a ton of talent. Hires Joe Brady and keeps Dave Aranda.

And what happens?

Boom. This sub-human monster who couldn't coach his way out of a paper bag "coaches" one of the best teams of all-time, bar none. They absolutely smash everyone in their way, and win a Natty. Then everyone leaves, the kids go to the NFL, the coaches move on. And wow....he forgot how to coach again. Would you look at that. Guy develops amnesia overnight. Can you believe it? From a guy who needs a drool cup, to an undefeated, undisputed national champion, to a Cookie Monster sounding buffoon.

How do you guys think he forgot how to coach? Was it the Men In Black magic wand? Hit by a bus? Alzheimers? What do you guys think?
This right here is why people were on the fence about Manny. It's all the pieces of the puzzle that make up the picture, not just the cover of the box.

Advertisement
Nope. I’m sure Mario’s out recruiting. But I’m also sure he has the espn app on his phone..look, I think this mario hysteria is equivalent to the Jon gruden hype from years prior..I think Mario is a pipe dream for various reasons
and now that sugar daddy phil is creating a company for the sole purpose of nil deals for oregon kids, mario would have to be nauseatingly homesick or a complete fool to leave there voluntarily.

And what happens?

It clearly was Manny helping as he is the next Dabo. Amazing behind the scenes work.

Love the drool cup comment!

Advertisement
I am willing to listen to the argument, I think it’s ridiculous if we don’t. But looking solely at the win-loss tecord doesn’t tell the whole story.

Defence: he advocates, promotes, coordinates and “teaches” a defensive system that has been called gimmicky and unsound. The tape supports that, unless he has killers on the d line and at safety.

Development: this is his biggest flaw. Very few players have developed, despite their ranking.and our best players have been transfers.

Culture: the boats and rings and being “all Miami” has run its course. Players don’t fully trust him, or believe in him and that is the biggest indictment there is.

Say what you will about Clemson but Dabo did more with less initially, he did eventually develop a winning culture, and they obviously made the right decision to keep him.

One of the hardest things to do for any club in any sport is determine, does this coach have it or not? Will more time get better results? Some throughout history have been given the hook too early, some have been retained too long. He needs to get results and fast. Because Manny is struggling with the “other stuff”.
No fan base is better qualified to correctly label a coach a corch than us...

Dabo wouldn’t be coaching at Clemson if Bob Stoops didn’t think his brother was as good as a DC as Veneables. Also getting Watson and Lawrence helps. Manny has none of those going for him. He’s a bum DC, his QBs are ok, possibly even good. Not generational like Watson and Lawrence.
Dont forget Radio made Dabo, by kicking to Spiller with 1 second on the clock...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back