Is Malek Young the best corner in the state?

Can't call him the best with his inability to turn his head and locate the ball while it's in the air. Definitely plays tight coverage but i dont think he's a complete package quite yet. Definitely will be a first day draft pick though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Young will learn to locate the ball. But as of now, nobody is catching balls on him. Like nobody. That's a CB's #1 responsibility. I suppose someone could make an argument that McFadden is a better pro prospect if they wanted to but I can't figure out for the life of my why a Cane fan would want to. That said, right now I'd rather have Malek Young as a college CB, AND he's just scratching the surface of what he can do. He has effectively stepped right in and completely replaced Corn Elder as a true Soph.

Last edited:
He’s been getting burnt because he’s out on the field 80-85% of the game. He’s solid and if he didn’t have to do so much because of a lack of offensive help, he’d get his his due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And malek is not out on the field for majority of the game?

For the majority of the time that our defense is on the field. Even with that, he actually isn’t left on an island with a player that I would consider a threat. Honestly I love Malek, he’s talented, but his size does play a role in the way that he’s utilized. He’s not guarding the best team’s WR majority of the time, anyone over 6 foot, we keep a safety over the top with the exception of Toledo.

FSU doesn't keep a safety over the top?

Then what exactly was Derwin doing all game?

Keep making excuses for FSU, it's just sad at this point

Derwin was EVERYWHERE, dude even played linebacker lol I’m not making excuses, I’m just not bias

Derwin didn’t do sh*t all game. Matter of fact only play I remember is when he didn’t roll his coverage over to our best 2 receivers where we scored the first time with berrios

Last edited:
Young will learn to locate the ball. But as of now, nobody is catching balls on him. Like nobody. That's a CB's #1 responsibility. I suppose someone could make an argument that McFadden is a better pro prospect if they wanted to but I can't figure out for the life of my why a Cane fan would want to. But right now I'd rather have Malek Young as a college CB, AND he's just scratching the surface of what he can do. He has effectively stepped right in and completely replaced Corn Elder as a true Soph.
And to add to that having good ball skills is not only about catching ints either, playing through the hands which is what Malek Young does very good is another technique corners use as well. He will get better at it as far as turning around for ints

For the majority of the time that our defense is on the field. Even with that, he actually isn’t left on an island with a player that I would consider a threat. Honestly I love Malek, he’s talented, but his size does play a role in the way that he’s utilized. He’s not guarding the best team’s WR majority of the time, anyone over 6 foot, we keep a safety over the top with the exception of Toledo.

Derwin was EVERYWHERE, dude even played linebacker lol I’m not making excuses, I’m just not bias

Derwin didn’t do sh*t all game. Matter of fact only play I remember is when he he didn’t roll his coverage over to our best 2 receivers where we scored the first time with berrios

Exactly, that’s what you remember. I remember seeing Rosier throw a pass straight into the dirt because he didn’t see how fast Derwin closed in and was about to intercept it.

Point is, that I’m happy with Malek, but to answer the original question, he’s not better than McFadden.

Advertisement

Derwin didn’t do sh*t all game. Matter of fact only play I remember is when he he didn’t roll his coverage over to our best 2 receivers where we scored the first time with berrios

Exactly, that’s what you remember. I remember seeing Rosier throw a pass straight into the dirt because he didn’t see how fast Derwin closed in and was about to intercept it.

Point is, that I’m happy with Malek, but to answer the original question, he’s not better than McFadden.

Mcfadden easily gave up over 80 yards yesterday. He’s good but he looked lazy at times

He’s been getting burnt because he’s out on the field 80-85% of the game. He’s solid and if he didn’t have to do so much because of a lack of offensive help, he’d get his his due.

Derwin didn't do one fcking thing in that game.

McFadden is better. He was in great position on the final td and just barely missed getting a hand on it. Young is good/very good, but has been lucky a few times that the ball was late or a little under thrown while he catches up. This is his first year as a starter, he will only continue to get better, hopefully.

Was he in a great position on the 30 yarder to AR that completely turned the game?

I mean....that was cover 2....so, yea, he was.

If you want to blame him that play....it’s for the **** poor effort he put into re-routing Richards (basicically gave him a free release). But the safety is really the one at fault.

What about before the Langham td when Cager beat him but Rosier had to rush the throw? Was he in a great position there?

Advertisement

Correct, besides a few tackles, he didn’t produce anything noteworthy. But I promise you that he was avoided via coverage a lot. That 3rd down where Rosier had to throw it in the dirt, was because Derwin baited Him 10-15 yards away from the throw and was about to track it. He was just disruptive to the game. I remember one play that he blitzed and pulled a spin move on Walton and caused the incompletion with the rush. He’s really undisciplined to be that talented. He literally does what he wants to and that’s going to hurt the whole defense. Case in point, the 1st touchdown to Berrios was the worst freelance that I’ve ever seen on tape.

I can understand everyone is still hyped because we beat FSU but pump the breaks. Malek was not even a starter over Michael Jackson and had a hard time covering Bethune-Cookman and Toledo receivers. He has what, one career int? So he is the best in the ACC now? Man some of you are tripping.

I can understand everyone is still hyped because we beat FSU but pump the breaks. Malek was not even a starter over Michael Jackson and had a hard time covering Bethune-Cookman and Toledo receivers. He has what, one career int? So he is the best in the ACC now? Man some of you are tripping.

0.0 passer rating against Malek after the Toledo game. Cuck.

[TWEET]913033283616825345[/TWEET]
That was after the Duke game, I'm sure he'll maintain a high grade after his performance vs FSU.

By far, the best CB in the State & arguably the whole ACC.

The kid locks his man down & doesn't have a ton of help overtop due to our lack of quality Safety play.
Langham booted McFaddens *** right off that list

Advertisement

Clearly a hard time covering their receivers

i just rewatched the game and still couldn't tell you the answer to this, wasn't paying enough attention.... did malek give up any catches or is still gonna be rocking an amazing 0.0 on that list this week?

Advertisement

When he lines up as the field corner than we can possibly talk about him being the best. Currently he is a slot DB which is essentially a nickle DB

Correct, besides a few tackles, he didn’t produce anything noteworthy. But I promise you that he was avoided via coverage a lot. That 3rd down where Rosier had to throw it in the dirt, was because Derwin baited Him 10-15 yards away from the throw and was about to track it. He was just disruptive to the game. I remember one play that he blitzed and pulled a spin move on Walton and caused the incompletion with the rush. He’s really undisciplined to be that talented. He literally does what he wants to and that’s going to hurt the whole defense. Case in point, the 1st touchdown to Berrios was the worst freelance that I’ve ever seen on tape.

Quite the Derwin fan boy

Quite the Derwin fan boy

Nah, not really, I just recognize game. I took my Orange and Green bias shades off about the 2nd year of Shannon as our head coach. The kid would start at EVERY program in college football, period. He’s likely a top 10 pick in the draft and he never was, or will be in the same category as Sean T. I’m happy that he made zero major plays against us.

Advertisement
Back