Is Lashlee Really Good or has our offense just been stuck in the past?

The last 10-15 years our offense has just been horrible. The is the first year we have ran the spread and Lashlee has made this offense look upper echelon. So is it just the change of scheme or is he just a really good play caller/OC?
Lashlee will be a hot topic very soon if not already.

Advertisement
We can rest assured that Lashlee is the real deal along with D'Eriq. Even if we lose to Clemson, still we will be able to see if our offense can come to play football at an elite level... and if our defense has any level of success we should absolutely rejoice.

It’s Lashlee is amazing the way he sets up defenses and/or adjusts to what they’re doing is what we have been missing man

I Want It All GIF by Awkward Daytime TV

Advertisement
It's like fishin, you keep the best CATCH. He's a keeper and SIGN his new contract now. We will see if the administration is decent or morons.

Lashlee is **** good and i suggest you enjoy every **** game we have him becuz he'll be gone in 2 years max

That said, King is the best QB we've had in 20 years and makes any OC look good. ****, Enos would still be here if King was QB last year. Richt prob still here if he has King instead of Rosier and we prob make the playoff that year. ( any yes i realize this comparison aren't truly fair and big part of the reason King came is becuz of Lash)

The notion that switching to the spread alone would yield these results is just as stupid as the notion that we must keep running a pro style offense. You need a good offensive coordinator no matter what scheme you're running. Lashlee clearly is excellent. That combined with the fact that we finally have a really good quarterback results in what you see right now.

Advertisement
Both those things are not mutually exclusive.
Lashlee IS really good AND the offense was stuck in the past.

I'll never forget being at a Miami practice last year, right after we hired Enos, and I was speaking to an offensive assistant coach. (I think he might've been a GA)

The look on my face when he said to me "In a perfect world we'd be under center at least 75% of the time."

ryan reynolds hd GIF

And there is no such thing as a "pro style" offense anymore.

Watch the NFL. Everybody is in spread most of the time and they're using concepts that came from the college level.

Advertisement
He's really good, Justice is really good, King is really good, our backs are really good, our tight ends are really good and Manny is really smart and lucky to get them all together . . .

Can we focus on the present and the capabilities this year + before projecting what's going to happen to the OC in the distant future? There's too many unknowns and we are only 3 games in. I get that's this is a message board and what "we" do but jeez.

Advertisement
It's both, but Lash is really ******* good. Every effort and concession that can be called into service must be done so in an attempt to keep him here as long as possible.

God knows this F'ing administration has EXCELLED at prematurely extending coaches that DIDN'T deserve it. Here's a chance to actually extend someone that does.

Can’t count out that King is also a very smart QB.
But for at least the last 5-6 years many on here have been screaming at the top of their lungs watching OSU and Bama and Clemson going full shotgun and hardly ever going under center.

The success with the pro set and the desire not to move away from it hurt us more than helped.

I'll admit that it took me a little while to come around to it. For me, it was Coker's last couple years, when it was really clear our offense was stagnating. A lot of us, myself included, became too married to 2000-02 Miami offense. It was beautiful no-frills football, but running it to that level of effectiveness required nothing short of the best offensive line in school history. If you don't have that kind of line (and face it, hardly anyone does), it just becomes too easy to defend.....defenses pretty much know exactly what is coming and they get too comfortable.

Anyway, we became Pro Style U, stubbornly clinging to a philosophy that even the NFL was moving away from. Miami became that which we used to laugh at. We became Oklahoma in the 80s, still running the wishbone. Worse, because at least OU still won enough games with their outdated offense to get to national title games.

I'll admit that it took me a little while to come around to it. For me, it was Coker's last couple years, when it was really clear our offense was stagnating. A lot of us, myself included, became too married to 2000-02 Miami offense. It was beautiful no-frills football, but running it to that level of effectiveness required nothing short of the best offensive line in school history. If you don't have that kind of line (and face it, hardly anyone does), it just becomes too easy to defend.....defenses pretty much know exactly what is coming and they get too comfortable.

Anyway, we became Pro Style U, stubbornly clinging to a philosophy that even the NFL was moving away from. Miami became that which we used to laugh at. We became Oklahoma in the 80s, still running the wishbone. Worse, because at least OU still won enough games with their outdated offense to get to national title games.
QFT. Its good to admit, you are a better man than most. We had guys who couldnt understand we had offenses with multiple nfl players and struggled like we needed nfl pro bowlers at every position before we could demand a really good offense, meanwhile smaller schools made offense look easy. Of course the argument would turn to, they havent won a championship, but its like dude, them even being in the convo shows proof of concept!!

Advertisement
Back