Is Lashlee Really Good or has our offense just been stuck in the past?

The last 10-15 years our offense has just been horrible. The is the first year we have ran the spread and Lashlee has made this offense look upper echelon. So is it just the change of scheme or is he just a really good play caller/OC?
Its a combination of a good coach having a good QB. Do you think if Miami did not have King and Perry was the starter this offense would look like it does. Lashlee gets play makers the ball in space. Creates mismatches and use your weapons.

Advertisement
Sky that's the thing, we have dabbled in spread sets a lot actually, but without the fast-tempo element and that mentality, it's just not the same. It's the peanut butter without the jelly

With the type of athletes UM has access to, the weather and the style of ball many local high schools play out there, UM should've been doing this at least a decade ago
Spread can work without tempo, but if you actually do tempo you have to be committed to it from the top down and understand the pros and cons of it and how it affects your defense and everything. Malzahn talked bout it in his book many moons ago. Diaz has long discussed how yards a game is a bad measure and how he like to look at YPP more, so he understands it. Diaz was also at Texas when the air raid was taking over Big 12, he has seen those Briles offenses up close. He coached in SEC with and against spreads. If you commit to it, you dictate the game soo much and make other teams react to you

This website it almost 10 years old, there are ALOT of receipts of guys who loved seeing fullback in flats just to have Maurice Hagens on the field. EVERYONE wanted bro style, When Hocutt was looking for HC he stated he wanted someone who would bring pro style bro offense because preparing some players for NFL BS. (nevermind winning actual college games with attractive style), we had former players like Portis on radio clamoring for old days like some notre dame player, we had TONS of fans screaming pro style bro, this is NFLU bro, We develop QBS bro (LMAOO).

Go look at some of those rosters last decade and see how much we wasted, it ****es me off man to no end. To follow this team and see how inept we were with our talent while watching any college ball and even Saban adopting it with unlimited talent at his disposal. Better late than never tho, Covid and all, limited crowd but I was in the building watching us BURY FSU. Beheading them on national TV, gives soo much joy.. Lol

Lashlee is definitely good but a lot of this is we’re finally in the twenty first century. I’ve been having the spread offense battle since the early 2000’s on canesport. These offenses make everything easier. Less reads , more smoke in mirrors that forces the defenses eyes away from their assignment and easier to block for the ol.

Not taking anything away from Lashlee, me and Liberty were the two beating the drum for him for awhile. He’s a beast. It’s just criminal how far we’ve been behind cfb.

Advertisement
Can’t count out that King is also a very smart QB.
But for at least the last 5-6 years many on here have been screaming at the top of their lungs watching OSU and Bama and Clemson going full shotgun and hardly ever going under center.

The success with the pro set and the desire not to move away from it hurt us more than helped.

We never should’ve been in the position we’ve been.
Imagine the pirate with Teddy And Cooper?
Imagine a spread oc with Lamar Jackson and Ridley?

Spread can work without tempo, but if you actually do tempo you have to be committed to it from the top down and understand the pros and cons of it and how it affects your defense and everything. Malzahn talked bout it in his book many moons ago. Diaz has long discussed how yards a game is a bad measure and how he like to look at YPP more, so he understands it. Diaz was also at Texas when the air raid was taking over Big 12, he has seen those Briles offenses up close. He coached in SEC with and against spreads. If you commit to it, you dictate the game soo much and make other teams react to you

This website it almost 10 years old, there are ALOT of receipts of guys who loved seeing fullback in flats just to have Maurice Hagens on the field. EVERYONE wanted bro style, When Hocutt was looking for HC he stated he wanted someone who would bring pro style bro offense because preparing some players for NFL BS. (nevermind winning actual college games with attractive style), we had former players like Portis on radio clamoring for old days like some notre dame player, we had TONS of fans screaming pro style bro, this is NFLU bro, We develop QBS bro (LMAOO).

Go look at some of those rosters last decade and see how much we wasted, it ****es me off man to no end. To follow this team and see how inept we were with our talent while watching any college ball and even Saban adopting it with unlimited talent at his disposal. Better late than never tho, Covid and all, limited crowd but I was in the building watching us BURY FSU. Beheading them on national TV, gives soo much joy.. Lol

Sky, go back to 2016, after we went a whole month without scoring more than 21 points offensively in the month of October, after the loss to Notre Dame, finally Atari 2600 Richt decides to go a bit more spread and let Kaaya go shotgun and they tore up Pitt (Kayaa had a huge game) and they win out the rest of the year. Before that, he was still trying to run pro-set I, it was frustrating to watch that garbage. I thought we were getting the FSU fast break of the 90s, at least. We got absolutely ***** from Richt

there is no doubt that Miami has wasted as much talent as anyone in the country the past dozen years.

Whats interesting is that even as the NFL became more spread-centric, here's Miami clinging onto it like the last guy with a Blockbuster Video membership card on a Friday night, going through the 'comedy' section

If we had just brought in some replacement-level spread jabroni, yes our offense would put up better numbers compared to Richt and co. but no, we wouldn't be seeing as good of results as we are with Lashlee. Lashlee knows how to strategize addition to scheme, and a look at his history of success bears that out.

Lashlee is definitely good but a lot of this is we’re finally in the twenty first century. I’ve been having the spread offense battle since the early 2000’s on canesport. These offenses make everything easier. Less reads , more smoke in mirrors that forces the defenses eyes away from their assignment and easier to block for the ol.

Not taking anything away from Lashlee, me and Liberty were the two beating the drum for him for awhile. He’s a beast. It’s just criminal how far we’ve been behind cfb.
This is kinda my hope, so that when Lashlee does move on we've learned enough to go out and get the NEXT Lashlee to replace him.

Advertisement
Sky, go back to 2016, after we went a whole month without scoring more than 21 points offensively in the month of October, after the loss to Notre Dame, finally Atari 2600 Richt decides to go a bit more spread and let Kaaya go shotgun and they tore up Pitt (Kayaa had a huge game) and they win out the rest of the year. Before that, he was still trying to run pro-set I, it was frustrating to watch that garbage. I thought we were getting the FSU fast break of the 90s, at least. We got absolutely ***** from Richt

there is no doubt that Miami has wasted as much talent as anyone in the country the past dozen years.

Whats interesting is that even as the NFL became more spread-centric, here's Miami clinging onto it like the last guy with a Blockbuster Video membership card on a Friday night, going through the 'comedy' section
2016 is one of those years that you just shake your head at talent, 2012 is another off top of head, but 2016 we had:

Walton
Yearby
Gus Edwards
Homer (deep on bench)
Ahmmon Richards
Stacey Coley
Berrios
Njoku
Herndon
and malcolm Lewis to round it out
McDermott and isadora on oline

Sigh

2016 is one of those years that you just shake your head at talent, 2012 is another off top of head, but 2016 we had:

Walton
Yearby
Gus Edwards
Homer (deep on bench)
Ahmmon Richards
Stacey Coley
Berrios
Njoku
Herndon
and malcolm Lewis to round it out
McDermott and isadora on oline

Sigh

Exactly, take away the Bama's, Clemson and Ohio States of the world, who had that much talent offensively?

IIRC, Njoku had all of 39 regular season grabs. What a waste (and that was his last year, so again, a bit wasted Id say)

Also, look back at the bowl game vs WVU, for a quarter and a half, Richt goes under center, finally out of desperation or whatever, we go 'gun, do some RPO and added some tempo, and we really controlled the game offensively from that point on

That team should've lost no more than 2 games, at most

I think it's a perfect storm of moving to the 21st century on offense, Lashlee is real good, and King is real good. I like Kosi, but we aren't this good if King isn't here.

Anyone else think last night when Herbie mentioned that we might want to stop running King that Lashlee wanted to throw some stuff out there for Clemson to chew on? Guy is playing chess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mack is a sneaky troll. Like a low key rok.
Yup, he's one of the kids who gets in during the last minute of the blowout varsity basketball game and the crowd cheers for him to shoot because he'll never see the floor again.

He means well, but starts a bunch of dumb threads because the bol ain't that bright.

Both

He’s THAT good of a play caller.

He be setting people up and finessing defensive coordinators like it’s chess.

But adjusting to the times and Miami finally having the Offense that fits who Miami recruits works.
This. He takes what the D is giving, and sets them up to take more. Every other OC has tried to simply do what they want to do regardless of what the D was giving.

The last 10-15 years our offense has just been horrible. The is the first year we have ran the spread and Lashlee has made this offense look upper echelon. So is it just the change of scheme or is he just a really good play caller/OC?
smh GIF

Advertisement
Back