Is Keyshawn Smith our best WR

If fans have a beef with Likens not being able to teach freshmen everything during the allotted time last year, I can understand that frustration. He was the coach and it's his job to have his guys prepared. ****, if people want to bash Payton for not getting a leg up on the incoming freshman last year, I can even agree with that to an extent. But the ridiculous idea that they purposely sit the younger guys to the detriment of the team just because Likens has some kind of attachment to two receivers he didn't recruit or have any prior relationship with is nonsense.

Advertisement
If fans have a beef with Likens not being able to teach freshmen everything during the allotted time last year, I can understand that frustration. He was the coach and it's his job to have his guys prepared. ****, if people want to bash Payton for not getting a leg up on the incoming freshman last year, I can even agree with that to an extent. But the ridiculous idea that they purposely sit the younger guys to the detriment of the team just because Likens has some kind of attachment to two receivers he didn't recruit or have any prior relationship with is nonsense.
Everyone better learn to like him. He’s not going anywhere and he’s the future, if Manny makes it. Fact 🤫

We have seen enough of Wiggins and Pope period. with Harley & Mallory we can experiment with young guns .
would like to see what Payton can do this year.... i will take anybody who will compete for a 50-50 ball successfully
something Wiggins and Pope have never done.......
need to play the best players.....

Advertisement
However we feel about a player’s shortcomings, the coaches feel that 10x more than us.
How is that possible you wonder considering that we don’t see the coaches making the changes we want?
Simple, because coaches jobs are on the line every single year. Players not producing causes us headaches, stomach pain, nausea and anger.
Players not producing causes coaches their jobs. Most have to move and pull their kids out of schools and don’t know how/when they will be paid again.
I get frustrated as well but I am confident the coaches are more frustrated than us with receivers who can’t catch.

of course highlights mean exactly that....highlights. but watching his high school film, he did a great job of using his hands and consistently winning jump balls. something we havent see from any of our receivers.

If based off greentree reports I'd say no. But if based off the 3 times he played last season and was wide open yes.

Advertisement
+100

People should focus more on why the younger receivers are not ready to receive reps than on Wiggins and Pope. If Wiggins or Pope are starting against Bama then either they improved significantly (unlikely but possible) or we have deeper issues at the WR position.

Mike Harley is our best receiver. He’s the only one who’s proven it on the field so far. If Smith can be the young guy who makes the jump and keeps 6 and 8 off the field, I’ll be happy.
6 and 8 need to be selling peanuts in the stands. Probably botch that too.

Advertisement
Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE
I'll take Coley's first, third, or 4th year out of smith any day.......coley had 600 yards as a freshman which would've put him second probably with this group.

Advertisement
Oh **** he burnt Ivey on a deep ball!? Got to be the best receiver in college ball period! So does King overthrow him by 15 yards or under throw by 10?

Did Rambo leave the team or something? I'd say Rambo is #1, followed by Harley and then I would LOVE to get Key some reps. The WR snaps were baffling to say the least.

Advertisement
Back