Is Duke Really Gone After This Year?

Advertisement
Butch Davis convinced Ed Reed to stay for his senior year, and Butch wasn't even here for it. I think if we hire Butch he can convince Duke to stick around. Butch could convince a Haitian to quit smelling like powder.

Butch would only have to convince him to stay and Duke would convince the rest of them. With that group coming back Butch could win big and get this program back to recruiting itself.

RBs barely go first round nowadays. most Rbs leave after 3 years anyways. i would love it if he stayed it but for the sake of his pro career, he should leave.

If he graduates early he could always transfer to some program with a chance to make the playoffs.

Just a thought.

hes not. he's going pro since NFL rb careers end around 29 anyways. they have a short span to make their money and he should do that ASAP. wasn't mad at Miller for bouncing early and wont be mad w duke either.

Dont be surprised to see a bunch of juniors go. They are tired of playing for the staff. Duke, Flowers, Herb, Howard, Bush etc...

I really don't think so.
Gurley
Abdullah
Gordon
are all going ahead of him.

Only two will go in the second. Maybe Duke goes in the third or fourth. I see it being the fourth.

Think about this Gurley would be a cane if Butch Davis were coach.

When you act like Butch is infallible and would get every top recruit and win every game, it discredits the entire position and raises people's expectations unreasonably high

Advertisement
I've said it from the beginning.

This guy's love for the canes is real and he wants to win a BCS bowl game here.

I think he'll stay.

I really don't think so.
Gurley
Abdullah
Gordon

Only two will go in the second. Maybe Duke goes in the third or fourth. I see it being the fourth.

When you act like Butch is infallible and would get every top recruit and win every game, it discredits the entire position and raises people's expectations unreasonably high

Cutt it out Butch is a beast he had Gurley to unc, some players wouldn't probably be here to be honest if he were coach. He gets football players not athletes that can't play, our staff doesn't have that eye or they can't develope.

I think he'll stay.

U don't know if he loves the coaches though, that super seeds anything. If his mom is saying **** that means she has talked to her son and he's talking through her. Read between the lines bruh.

I think he'll stay.

U don't know if he loves the coaches though, that super seeds anything. If his mom is saying **** that means she has talked to her son and he's talking through her. Read between the lines bruh.

the problem is w the moms saying stuff is that there have been recent examples of moms wanting their kids to go somewhere and have gone somewhere else. Landon Collins/Gerald Willis, Jacoby Brissett, I'm sure Tracys mom was Pro UF (wasn't she a gator grad or something)

Advertisement

I think he'll stay.

the problem is w the moms saying stuff is that there have been recent examples of moms wanting their kids to go somewhere and have gone somewhere else. Landon Collins/Gerald Willis, Jacoby Brissett, I'm sure Tracys mom was Pro UF (wasn't she a gator grad or something)

She just said this, she didn't say this three years ago. It means she has talked to her son and he's not happy...period. Will he admit that to the press **** no but I know what it is.

I think he'll stay.

She just said this, she didn't say this three years ago. It means she has talked to her son and he's not happy...period. Will he admit that to the press **** no but I know what it is.

ok then i take back what i said. i dont blame him for not being happy based on how his three years have gone in terms of team success. he's gone after this year regardless if we were good or not. he's still a cane throughout ever since HS and **** always be one regardless of our team success. the other thing is that mom should know better and not out of her son like that on FB. be smarter than that even if he isn't happy but the last thing u want to do is make things worse for duke in the media if he's asked bout this by reporters.

Advertisement
Duke would be lucky to go in the 4th round. Injuries and fumble problems will set him back

Like it or not and right or wrong, I can hear Kiper now. "Didn't elevate his performance against higher levels of competition...".

maybe Golden had the awful defense to prevent Tyriq McCord, Deon Bush, and Tracy Howard from leaving early.

Ereck Flowers also is having a worse year now than last. Coaches have also been hiding Herb Waters too.

Stacy Coley, Jamal Carter, Al-quadin Muhammad will need an insane year next year to get to top round status because their first two years amounted to zero.

Kills me to say it but i look at him during games and he looks like he cant wait for this sh^t to be over. He could go on to win multiple super bowls and his career at miami will eat at his soul forever. All this kid ever wanted to do was put on for his city and the U. And sadly, there was never a chance. Only way i would selfishly want him back is with a coaching change. If folden is back i hope he goes and fully expect he will.

But its ok because golden is such a good recruiter, we will always be ok......jumping now....

Advertisement
I really don't think so.
Gurley
Abdullah
Gordon

Cutt it out Butch is a beast he had Gurley to unc, some players wouldn't probably be here to be honest if he were coach. He gets football players not athletes that can't play, our staff doesn't have that eye or they can't develope.

Except Gurley didn't go to UNC, he went to UGA. I agree that Butch is better than Al, and would put together a better staff than the one we currently have. But that doesn't mean he is the best coach to ever stand on the sidelines, and I fear the rhetoric has started heading in that direction

He's foolish if he returns. Shelf life of RB's is too short and he's already had a major injury. Better to start making loot now, ball out and angle for bigger contract later.

I really don't think so.
Gurley
Abdullah
Gordon

Except Gurley didn't go to UNC, he went to UGA. I agree that Butch is better than Al, and would put together a better staff than the one we currently have. But that doesn't mean he is the best coach to ever stand on the sidelines, and I fear the rhetoric has started heading in that direction

Butch had him signed sealed and delivered. Then he got fired.

I think he'll stay.

Exactly. Her son is miserable, and she's speaking out. And if you can't tell he's miserable just watch him on the sidelines and listen to his interviews recently. He's not the same enthusiastic kid he was when he got here. Guys like him and Tracy are miserable and have been pounded into submission by El Foldo.

Advertisement
Back