Is Duke Really Gone After This Year?

I really don't think so.
Gurley
Abdullah
Gordon
are all going ahead of him.

Only two will go in the second. Maybe Duke goes in the third or fourth. I see it being the fourth.

Why will only 2 go in the second round? That doesn't make any sense.

Bishop Sankey, Jeremy Hill, Carlos Hyde all went in the second last year and they are lesser prospects then the guys listed above.

Also, Duke is quite a different guy then some other guys like Gordon. Duke has proven he can be reliable in the passing game. That's huge for him. I don't really see his draft stock improving much next year. He is already putting up huge numbers and has been doing so. The only thing I can think of is his continued progression in the receiving game. He can elevate his draft status half a round if he continues catching balls - maybe put up 400-500 yards receiving.

Advertisement
Simple.

If Golden stays, he's gone.

Butch comes - we'll see, but I'd bet Duke would like to play one good year on a well coached team.

He gone why stay when this staff can't even compete to get to charlotte for ACCCG. Why should he stay for another 6-6 or 5-7 season.

If I'm Duke, I just look at what DP has done this year by coming back. DP is almost a lock to not go below the 2nd round.

Gio Bernard was 1st team ACC in 2011 and 2012, plus ACC offensive player of the year in 2012 and 3rd team all-american ... That's a great resume to take into the draft.

Short of Duke dominating the rest of the year, and winning similar awards ... He would do himself a huge favor to return.

Advertisement
Gurley is the only sure thing to go in the first.

Duke could go anywhere from late first (unlikely) to early 3rd.

If I were him I'd go. The retirement age for running backs is only getting younger. I don't think he really has anything else to prove other than he can stay healthy. This program is going to continue to misuse him anyways.

I don't see him as an "every down" back in the NFL, he's just not big enough and won't take the pounding. I can see him being an elite back though if used like sproles if they feed hime 12-20 touches a game.

This.

Advertisement
If he graduates early he could always transfer to some program with a chance to make the playoffs.

Just a thought.

I don't see Gordon and Abdullah going ahead of him. The offense is built around those players which means inflated numbers. It dosent all come down to numbers and stats. Dukes not actually that bad of a pass blocker. He has his **** ups here and there but he's pretty good. I constantly see him chopping down defensive ends coming in. And it's completely obvious duke has better vision then all those guys. And most of his big runs come from him running inside and he finds a line most players don't see. It's not all get to the outside and use your speed which dosent convert to The nfl

Draft website has him as a 2nd round grade.

I don't see Gordon and Abdullah going ahead of him. The offense is built around those players which means inflated numbers. It dosent all come down to numbers and stats. Dukes not actually that bad of a pass blocker. He has his **** ups here and there but he's pretty good. I constantly see him chopping down defensive ends coming in. And it's completely obvious duke has better vision then all those guys. And most of his big runs come from him running inside and he finds a line most players don't see. It's not all get to the outside and use your speed which dosent convert to The nfl

you got homer glasses on, gordon is unarguably better and abdullah is marginally better

Advertisement

you got homer glasses on, gordon is unarguably better and abdullah is marginally better
Like I said if we made our whole offense predicated around duke and just running the ball he would have better numbers then both of them.

What makes you think Abdullah is better then duke? Because he shredded our defense which every team that predicates there offense on the running game does? If Abdullah was to play against fsu he would be completely shut down like he was last weekend. Duke actually was on pace for over 100 against them last year.

Advertisement
He should go and start making that cash. Appreciate everything he's done here, but this is a business decision.

I really don't think so.
Gurley
Abdullah
Gordon
are all going ahead of him.

Only two will go in the second. Maybe Duke goes in the third or fourth. I see it being the fourth.

Think about this Gurley would be a cane if Butch Davis were coach.

Advertisement
Back