Is Cook truly committed to UF

One big key for us is Morris was healthy this spring. Can't be overstated.

Last year we had a lot of new WRs. Scott for instance definitely struggled adjusting to Morris and his arm strength.

This year we have continuity, which is going to be vital against a defense like UF. The receivers and QB must be on the same page which should be the case more than last year.

The key is if Duke can get outside the tackles and run and if Morris can exploit our LB's and safety in coverage. Running up the middle and throwing on the outside is going to be really hard to do.

Advertisement

Last year we had a lot of new WRs. Scott for instance definitely struggled adjusting to Morris and his arm strength.

This year we have continuity, which is going to be vital against a defense like UF. The receivers and QB must be on the same page which should be the case more than last year.

The key is if Duke can get outside the tackles and run and if Morris can exploit our LB's and safety in coverage. Running up the middle and throwing on the outside is going to be really hard to do.

I think we have the ability to spread the field, which should create a lot of opportunities for Duke in the open field. But, we shall see. It's all speculation at this point. Coley might have a total different game plan than what we all think, lol.

It wasn't really hard for Bridgewater.

Both teams have talent on the outside and Morris can throw the ball anywhere. It will take a complete offensive performance to win.

Both teams have talent on the outside and Morris can throw the ball anywhere. It will take a complete offensive performance to win.

Dmoney you probably know more about UF then most of the posters on this site. We could talk forever about the Louisville game and what happen and why but you know that was not the typical UF game.

Advertisement
Dmoney you probably know more about UF then most of the posters on this site. We could talk forever about the Louisville game and what happen and why but you know that was not the typical UF game.

It wasn't typical because Louisville imposed their game and UF did not. UF won 11 games playing their style so obviously they imposed their will on a lot of teams. The key for Miami is the same as Louisville- get ahead of UF and make them play catch up.

Florida's offense isn't just underproductive, it lacks talent. I can't think of a legit NFL player in the entire group. On the other side, Miami's defense was one of the worst in all of college football and lacks talented big men. If Florida was smart, they would realize Driskel is a runner and use him like a faster Colin Klein. Kansas State bloodied Miami on the edges and UF has enough size to do some of the same things.

It wasn't typical because Louisville imposed their game and UF did not. UF won 11 games playing their style so obviously they imposed their will on a lot of teams. The key for Miami is the same as Louisville- get ahead of UF and make them play catch up.

Florida's offense isn't just underproductive, it lacks talent. I can't think of a legit NFL player in the entire group. On the other side, Miami's defense was one of the worst in all of college football and lacks talented big men. If Florida was smart, they would realize Driskel is a runner and use him like a faster Colin Klein. Kansas State bloodied Miami on the edges and UF has enough size to do some of the same things.
Muschamp should have ran the football from the start but it is a bowl game and he decided to go a different way

Talent was lacking on offense last year I do however believe that it will be different next year. It is a matter if the new talent performs the way it should.

Teddy killed the LB's in coverage

Driskel is a better passer than you think. I do not think they will run Driskel as much as they did last year since there is no serviceable back up QB.

Driskel is a better passer than you think.

Maybe. But I've seen him play a ton, and the only times he looks like a passer are when he's throwing against air and cones.

Driskel has a strong arm and good mechanics, but his feel for the passing game reminds me of Wright. I don't care how bad your offensive line is, 36 sacks is unfathomable when you only throw it 245 times. (Morris, by comparison, was sacked 17 times and threw it 421 times). Driskel is a truly talented runner-- big and physical with breakaway speed. He can be a college football star if he becomes a run-first quarterback. As someone who wants the Gators to fail, I really hope Muschamp starts to believe Driskel is something he's not.

I think the key is our o line vs their d line, our o line played pretty ******* bad in a few games, hopefully this year that they're all back, together and stronger, that won't happen

Advertisement
I think the key is our o line vs their d line, our o line played pretty ****ing bad in a few games, hopefully this year that they're all back, together and stronger, that won't happen

Bingo key to the game and not just pass blocking, they gotta open lane for Duke. They blocked well against FSU but opened no running lanes.

I think the key is our o line vs their d line, our o line played pretty ****ing bad in a few games, hopefully this year that they're all back, together and stronger, that won't happen

Bingo key to the game and not just pass blocking, they gotta open lane for Duke. They blocked well against FSU but opened no running lanes.
Not just Duke but also a Gus Edwards who can get the really tough yards and keep Duke fresh to play receiver, maybe get some returns and create more mismatches for him when he's on the field

Driskel is a better passer than you think.

Maybe. But I've seen him play a ton, and the only times he looks like a passer are when he's throwing against air and cones.

Driskel has a strong arm and good mechanics, but his feel for the passing game reminds me of Wright. I don't care how bad your offensive line is, 36 sacks is unfathomable when you only throw it 245 times. (Morris, by comparison, was sacked 17 times and threw it 421 times). Driskel is a truly talented runner-- big and physical with breakaway speed. He can be a college football star if he becomes a run-first quarterback. As someone who wants the Gators to fail, I really hope Muschamp starts to believe Driskel is something he's not.
Agree with you on he looks a lot more comfortable in shorts especially out of high school

He ran out of bounds a lot which counted as sacks (I think) he needs to throw the **** ball away. Muschamp just cant afford to let him be a run first QB we dont have a back up. It will be interesting to see how he plays with a better Oline this upcoming season.

Did they 'flop'?

Advertisement
I'm not saying Porter isn't important. **** he could he the most important player on the defense.

But if he's healthy we own the Gators?

Porter, Pierre, and Robinson are all important in that game but the edges are where we have to be even better. If we go Colin Klein on the outside, Driskell will probably light us up.

Driskell cant even light South Alabama up, not worried about that....

I think some people forget how bad we were on D.

**** I wish I could shake those nightmares too but I can't. Let's not be delusional here. This can be a good honest discussion.

Asking people here to not be delusional is unreasonable.

And it's also delusional.

Why is that? I like our O line vs your D line any day. If I were Coley, I'd run it right up Florida's gut, and mix in some play action. I like our athletes vs your athletes.

Muschamp should have ran the football from the start but it is a bowl game and he decided to go a different way

Talent was lacking on offense last year I do however believe that it will be different next year. It is a matter if the new talent performs the way it should.

Driskel is a better passer than you think. I do not think they will run Driskel as much as they did last year since there is no serviceable back up QB.

51.gif

Advertisement

Why is that? I like our O line vs your D line any day. If I were Coley, I'd run it right up Florida's gut, and mix in some play action. I like our athletes vs your athletes.
You want to run Johnson up the gut vs UF's front 7? This isnt BC or Duke this is the best front 7 you will face all year. What good defense did Miami run over last year?

51.gif

Does anyone read lips?

Driskel is straight up garbage. I have a feeling Cane fans will have warm and fuzzy nostalgic feelings everytime they hear the name "Driskel" after next year's game.

Kinda like the way the words "Chris Rix" still bring a smile to my face. After the last game of his senior year I found myself pouring over NCAA rulebooks and handbooks searching for a loophole to personally get that kid some extra years of eligibility.

Long live Driskel.

Advertisement
Back