Is Cook truly committed to UF

I'm not saying Porter isn't important. **** he could he the most important player on the defense.

But if he's healthy we own the Gators?

Porter, Pierre, and Robinson are all important in that game but the edges are where we have to be even better. If we go Colin Klein on the outside, Driskell will probably light us up.

Driskell cant even light South Alabama up, not worried about that....

I think some people forget how bad we were on D.

**** I wish I could shake those nightmares too but I can't. Let's not be delusional here. This can be a good honest discussion.

Totally agree with you, but Driskell isn't the one who worry me in that game, he's probably the one who worry me the least...

It's easily the biggest game in Dorito and Franklin carreer because if we get run over like last year, I can't see them staying any longer, no matter how many win we have at the end of the season.

Everything can't be put on the coaches, our talent & production level from our defense isn't there right now. I wanted Dorito to get that job at temple as much as the next guy, but he doesn't have a 2001 type defense to work with

Advertisement
Florida sucks on offense and Miami sucks on defense. Until proven otherwise, it's the truth.

Driskel is one of the worst passing quarterbacks in football but we make ****ty quarterbacks look good all the time. We shall see.

If we continue our decade long trend of being unable to cover a god damned tight end or running back out of the backfield in the flats we are gonna get our **** pushed in again.

Florida sucks on offense and Miami sucks on defense. Until proven otherwise, it's the truth.

Driskel is one of the worst passing quarterbacks in football but we make ****ty quarterbacks look good all the time. We shall see.

We had to be every QB's best game last year. We made Chase Rettig look like Joe Montana.

I want to see how our WRs match up with UFs DBs.

Now I really like our WR group but UF usually has plenty of talent in the secondary. Do we have the types of WRs that can get open against really good DBs?(not sure how UF stacks up) Can Morris complete the throws? Can our guys catch those throws?

I think that's where the game is won or lost with us.

Best group or corners in the nation with Roberson Purfioy and Watkins . Then you have back ups like Riggs Poole and VH3. They are till trying to figure out who is going to start at safety probably Maye and Watkins could help out. Gorman could win a spot as well.

So I guess your a fake Miami fan too D, thanks for the input though.

We had to be every QB's best game last year. We made Chase Rettig look like Joe Montana.

I want to see how our WRs match up with UFs DBs.

Now I really like our WR group but UF usually has plenty of talent in the secondary. Do we have the types of WRs that can get open against really good DBs?(not sure how UF stacks up) Can Morris complete the throws? Can our guys catch those throws?

I think that's where the game is won or lost with us.

Best group or corners in the nation with Roberson Purfioy and Watkins . Then you have back ups like Riggs Poole and VH3. They are till trying to figure out who is going to start at safety probably Maye and Watkins could help out. Gorman could win a spot as well.

If our OLine is as solid has we assumed, I'll bet our receivers will find away to get open. Can't cover forever. Protection is the key!

Advertisement
If our OLine is as solid has we assumed, I'll bet our receivers will find away to get open. Can't cover forever. Protection is the key!
That is what makes it such a fun game because I expect UF Dline and pass rush to be really really good with Fowler Easley Bullard and Powell that is 4 5* players that can play on the edge. One of them is coming off injury though.

That is what makes it such a fun game because I expect UF Dline and pass rush to be really really good with Fowler Easley Bullard and Powell that is 4 5* players that can play on the edge. One of them is coming off injury though.

Other then Easley and Powell to an extent who is really that proven though?

Losing Floyd was nothing when u guys load up like that "next man up recipe". Thats good recruiting. Thing Im worried about is contain on driskel we have slow ends and if the LB get caught trying to help the TE will kill us.

Our OL hasn't quite met expectations yet but our best guys are upperclassmen. Henderson is going to be a monster this year.

UF is going to get some points even if the offense is weak like some predict. At times Miami's defense went through stretches where they really buckled down in the red zone so keeping UF out of the end zone is key.

A guy like Rashawn Scott will give any DB fits but he has to keep his focus. I expect a very physical UF defense and we haven't always responded well to that but with the rivalry and home crowd, I think we see the best intensity we can muster.

Should be a war out there.

Advertisement

Who do we have that's "proven"? If we can speculate on how good our guys can be we should probably assume that UF will be talented since they've been recruiting really well too.

Fowler and Bullard played a ton last year as true freshmen. Fowler was just as good if not better than McCray by the end of the year and Bullard was better than him. They might not have been technically starting but they were playing starters snaps. They proved themselves last year and we know that is hard to do as a freshmen Dlinemen in the SEC

Fowler and Bullard played a ton last year as true freshmen. Fowler was just as good if not better than McCray by the end of the year and Bullard was better than him. They might not have been technically starting but they were playing starters snaps.

I just didnt know the stats but you guys got talent so it will be entertaining

Who do we have that's "proven"? If we can speculate on how good our guys can be we should probably assume that UF will be talented since they've been recruiting really well too.

Thank you......***

Advertisement

Thank you......***

We've got potential superstars all over the field but our benchmark has always been big time players make big time plays in big time games.

Last year nobody did. Not Duke, not Morris, nobody. There were a few in the FSU game but that's it.

Thank you......***

We've got potential superstars all over the field but our benchmark has always been big time players make big time plays in big time games.

Last year nobody did. Not Duke, not Morris, nobody. There were a few in the FSU game but that's it.

Thats the thing I love Duke and these guys but they are not big time to Miami standards unless they do it against uf and fsu and all the other big games. thats why this staff was desperate to get Collins, I cant see Duke getting alot of carries against a physical sec D.

Not saying we are which is why at least I don't see anybody bragging for us

Advertisement
One thing I assumed and havent researched is when Duke has bad games or OK games has SMorris been any good in those games? It seems like without Dukes big runs and ST plays SM struggles. Hopefully Stacy Coley is what I think he is, the big play guy the superstar type talent.

Fowler and Bullard played a ton last year as true freshmen. Fowler was just as good if not better than McCray by the end of the year and Bullard was better than him. They might not have been technically starting but they were playing starters snaps.

I just didnt know the stats but you guys got talent so it will be entertaining

The D played 20 plus players a game last year that is why the loses are not a big as they might seem from the outside . If you look back at games last year UF wore down teams with depth and won games in the 4th.

One big key for us is Morris was healthy this spring. Can't be overstated.

Last year we had a lot of new WRs. Scott for instance definitely struggled adjusting to Morris and his arm strength.

This year we have continuity, which is going to be vital against a defense like UF. The receivers and QB must be on the same page which should be the case more than last year.

One big key for us is Morris was healthy this spring. Can't be overstated.

Last year we had a lot of new WRs. Scott for instance definitely struggled adjusting to Morris and his arm strength.

This year we have continuity, which is going to be vital against a defense like UF. The receivers and QB must be on the same page which should be the case more than last year.

Also, with so many guys UF will have a really hard time to prepare for all of them and with 2 new safeties for UF it will be interesting to see how they recover that early

Advertisement
Back