Is Cook truly committed to UF

One big key for us is Morris was healthy this spring. Can't be overstated.

Last year we had a lot of new WRs. Scott for instance definitely struggled adjusting to Morris and his arm strength.

This year we have continuity, which is going to be vital against a defense like UF. The receivers and QB must be on the same page which should be the case more than last year.

The key is if Duke can get outside the tackles and run and if Morris can exploit our LB's and safety in coverage. Running up the middle and throwing on the outside is going to be really hard to do.

Why is that? I like our O line vs your D line any day. If I were Coley, I'd run it right up Florida's gut, and mix in some play action. I like our athletes vs your athletes.
You want to run Johnson up the gut vs UF's front 7? This isnt BC or Duke this is the best front 7 you will face all year. What good defense did Miami run over last year?

Not doubting your front seven and it may very well be the best we go against but Duke is not scared to go up the middle and he will. He's not just an outside runner. He's not Jerome Bettis either but we will keep them honest if they decide to overcompensate to the outside.

Our OL should be able to open some holes up inside and out. I'm sure there will be plays where Duke gets no gain just like any good defense would do. But if we keep giving him the ball, good things happen. That's the type of player Duke is.

Advertisement
Dmoney you probably know more about UF then most of the posters on this site. We could talk forever about the Louisville game and what happen and why but you know that was not the typical UF game.

It wasn't typical because Louisville imposed their game and UF did not. UF won 11 games playing their style so obviously they imposed their will on a lot of teams. The key for Miami is the same as Louisville- get ahead of UF and make them play catch up.

Florida's offense isn't just underproductive, it lacks talent. I can't think of a legit NFL player in the entire group. On the other side, Miami's defense was one of the worst in all of college football and lacks talented big men. If Florida was smart, they would realize Driskel is a runner and use him like a faster Colin Klein. Kansas State bloodied Miami on the edges and UF has enough size to do some of the same things.
Muschamp should have ran the football from the start but it is a bowl game and he decided to go a different way

Talent was lacking on offense last year I do however believe that it will be different next year. It is a matter if the new talent performs the way it should.

Teddy killed the LB's in coverage

Driskel is a better passer than you think. I do not think they will run Driskel as much as they did last year since there is no serviceable back up QB.

You're a good poster, for a Gator, but this post is full of the LULZ.

Yeah Driskell is hot garbage throwing the football. Still have no idea how or why he was ranked so high coming out of HS? He couldn't throw it in HS either.

The game will come down to 1 thing, can we stop their run game. Porter, Pierre, Robinson, and 1 more DT need to step up and have big games

Last year we had a lot of new WRs. Scott for instance definitely struggled adjusting to Morris and his arm strength.

This year we have continuity, which is going to be vital against a defense like UF. The receivers and QB must be on the same page which should be the case more than last year.

The key is if Duke can get outside the tackles and run and if Morris can exploit our LB's and safety in coverage. Running up the middle and throwing on the outside is going to be really hard to do.

Why is that? I like our O line vs your D line any day. If I were Coley, I'd run it right up Florida's gut, and mix in some play action. I like our athletes vs your athletes.
You want to run Johnson up the gut vs UF's front 7? This isnt BC or Duke this is the best front 7 you will face all year. What good defense did Miami run over last year?

And Duke is the best running back you'll face all year, so what's your point?

Every single player on our offensive line has a future in the NFL.

Not too worried about your front seven. The fact is we are more talented up front than you are. I think Seantrel Henderson, Brandon Linder, Erick Flowers, etc can handle Leon Orr or Damien Jacobs.

Last edited:

Not too worried about your front seven. The fact is we are more talented up front than you are. I think Seantrel Henderson, Brandon Linder, Erick Flowers, etc can handle Leon Orr or Damien Jacobs.

Might be.

Advertisement

I like Duke a lot I think he is a special football player but I am not sure he is better than what Gurley brings to the table individually and what Gurley and Marshall bring to the table together. Jeremy Hill is also a really good RB. I just didn't see you team perform well in the run game against good front 7's last year. It was a young team maybe this upcoming season will be different.

It is just not the starters you have to worry about on UF's front 7 it is the depth.

What I am about to say is blasphemous around these parts but I dont even think Duke will have the most rushing yards in the UF vs Miami game.

I like Duke a lot I think he is a special football player but I am not sure he is better than what Gurley brings to the table individually and what Gurley and Marshall bring to the table together. Jeremy Hill is also a really good RB. I just didn't see you team perform well in the run game against good front 7's last year. It was a young team maybe this upcoming season will be different.

It is just not the starters you have to worry about on UF's front 7 it is the depth.

What I am about to say is blasphemous around these parts but I dont even think Duke will have the most rushing yards in the UF vs Miami game.

Question: What's going on with Ryshene Bronson?

I know this year it might be true, but like clockwork after spring in offseason we have a porster overrating our oline. Not saying it wont happen this year but I got a chuckle out of this as it let me know, we are 100 days from the start. where the dreams are renewed and every fan memories of previous season fade just a little and new hope springs...

ahh, offseason

Advertisement

If Duke cant deliver in that game somehow we in for a long one, SM gotta be spot on on the intermediate throws because UF is going to try to take the deep ball away. UM gotta get DUKE touches on punt returns but Im pretty sure Ugays special teams has good athletes on em. I actually thought Jedd was a crappy play caller against good teams and I think Coley is better and BCS teams will try to hire him in one season here. This game will come down to how much UMs defense improved and if Florida offense improved.

I know this year it might be true, but like clockwork after spring in offseason we have a porster overrating our oline. Not saying it wont happen this year but I got a chuckle out of this as it let me know, we are 100 days from the start. where the dreams are renewed and every fan memories of previous season fade just a little and new hope springs...

ahh, offseason

Our OL is a bunch of great names on paper right now, they got to play like everyone thinks they are capable of. No missing assignments and play cohesive and smart.

Duke didn't do anything against FSU, ND, or KSU running the ball. Now the blowouts don't help rushing stats but still, you're not too far off when you look at what he did last year.

He is going to leave here a special player but he has a lot of room to grow yet.

Putting homerism aside, Duke is going to put on a show this season. Heisman quality. He's ready.

Duke didn't do anything against FSU, ND, or KSU running the ball. Now the blowouts don't help rushing stats but still, you're not too far off when you look at what he did last year.

He is going to leave here a special player but he has a lot of room to grow yet.

Putting homerism aside, Duke is going to put on a show this season. Heisman quality. He's ready.

Let's not hide ourselves here, the oline had some problems while opening the running lane, they were far from perfect and they'll need a huge improvement this season to run it against UF...

Advertisement

Let's not hide ourselves here, the oline had some problems while opening the running lane, they were far from perfect and they'll need a huge improvement this season to run it against UF...

I said earlier in this discussion that our OL has yet to play up to expectations.

On one hand run blocking can be as much about rhythm sometimes, as it is talent. For reasons that were discussed ad nauseum, we never did get into a groove last year running. I'm not sure if we can expect a big difference this year unless someone steps up and assumes MJs role (or better) and with the talent we have at WR and TE.

Still, this is a team that should be able to run the **** ball. Whether we do it or not, or commit to it remains to be seen.

Florida sucks on offense and Miami sucks on defense. Until proven otherwise, it's the truth.

Driskel is one of the worst passing quarterbacks in football but we make ****ty quarterbacks look good all the time. We shall see.

We had to be every QB's best game last year. We made Chase Rettig look like Joe Montana.

I want to see how our WRs match up with UFs DBs.

Now I really like our WR group but UF usually has plenty of talent in the secondary. Do we have the types of WRs that can get open against really good DBs?(not sure how UF stacks up) Can Morris complete the throws? Can our guys catch those throws?

I think that's where the game is won or lost with us.

Best group or corners in the nation with Roberson Purfioy and Watkins . Then you have back ups like Riggs Poole and VH3. They are till trying to figure out who is going to start at safety probably Maye and Watkins could help out. Gorman could win a spot as well.

If our OLine is as solid has we assumed, I'll bet our receivers will find away to get open. Can't cover forever. Protection is the key!

When has our offensive line ever been as good as people predicted in the preseason?

I am willing to give Duke a pass against FSU but he was clearly hurt. He might have been hurt against ND too. Kstate he just didnt have it. But lets hope he can bring it on Sept 7th because that UF front 7 is gonna be ready to shut him down. But with our passing game it should be interesting.

Now back to this Bronson kid..Why have we been talking about him for 6 pages now? Is he on our radar? Is he worth all this energy we are putting out? Lol.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back