Ira Denson visiting this weekend

You never know what is going on behind the scenes. After 30 years of following Miami's recruiting, and similar to what Cane4Life (Scarface) has been saying for a long time, expect the unexpected. Maybe there is some truth behind the Kirkland rumors but maybe not. I have no idea but either we are dropping a few OL on our team, someone does not qualify, someone is going elsewhere, or some other weird possibility. You do not bring a kid in, especially a 4 star, if you can't make room for him on NSD.

Advertisement
Langston:

CaneSport is reporting that Ira will be visiting Miami this weekend.

Take it for what it's worth. Denson has set up visits to Auburn, Ole Miss and South Florida and has never followed through with those visits.

He and his brother will be going on the visit. His mother is not. That should tell you how serious he is about his visit, if he does follow through.

If he does go on this visit, it is just for fun and to see his friend Denver Kirkland if he is in town. But either way it would take a lot to change his mind. I'm skeptical the visit happens either way.

interesting. Read on saturday that he was going to visit UF but maybe miami offering and UF not offering yet convinced him to skip visiting UF.

it really seems like Denson is looking for any reason to not go to FSU

interesting. Read on saturday that he was going to visit UF but maybe miami offering and UF not offering yet convinced him to skip visiting UF.

Isn't Madison historically Gator territory? Suprised me when I read he grew up an FSU fan. Is he just an anomly or is that lip service.

Advertisement

Isn't Madison historically Gator territory? Suprised me when I read he grew up an FSU fan. Is he just an anomly or is that lip service.

could be lip service. Caleb Brantley is apparently extremely tight with Denson and has been saying for months that if UF offers he will commit. Who knows how true any of that information is though.

from my seat a kid that was trying to schedule a visit with two separate schools - neither being his committed school - the weekend before NSD is a kid looking for a way out of his current commitment. Not to mention both these schools are his committed schools rivals.

Kirkland has been all over denson and trying to get him to visit miami, fwiw

Last edited:

could be lip service. Caleb Brantley is apparently extremely tight with Denson and has been saying for months that if UF offers he will commit. Who knows how true any of that information is though.

from my seat a kid that was trying to schedule a visit with two separate schools - neither being his committed school - the weekend before NSD is a kid looking for a way out of his current commitment. Not to mention both these schools are his committed schools rivals.

Kirkland has been all over denson and trying to get him to visit miami, fwiw

Don't know the reasoning behind Miami's late offer and UF's non-offer but it does appear this kid wanted to stay in Florida and FSU provided that. Now he has another option.

Advertisement
Denson isn't coming down to Gables just to take a free visit when you have Golden, Cristobal "his good friend as he called him", and Coley gunning for him. I expect a full Whoreslant meltdown of epic proportions in the near future. This signing day class is going to be fun to watch.

not sure about UF non-offer. Could be an evaluation thing or it could be a numbers thing. I haven't really followed recruiting closely at all until the last couple months. I've heard denson kills it in camps, but not so much in games. I don't personally know. I also know UF numbers for the OL is pretty tight but we did just medical HS an OL player so that might have opened up a slot, or not

Cristobal is a beast, and there is a reason FSU is shedding O-lineman. Trickett has a REALLY bad reputation as far as how he treats players. Don't think Denson hasn't heard that. With all the staff turnover up there, the fact that Trickett is considered an *** and poor recruiter in general, would it shock anyone? All that said, it's going to be a tough pull.

Advertisement
Cristobal is a beast, and there is a reason FSU is shedding O-lineman. Trickett has a REALLY bad reputation as far as how he treats players. Don't think Denson hasn't heard that. With all the staff turnover up there, the fact that Trickett is considered an *** and poor recruiter in general, would it shock anyone? All that said, it's going to be a tough pull.

Coley has to help here as well I'd think

Coley has to help here as well I'd think

FSU boards have been going off on Trickett btw. After the Golson decommit they had some audio from an Ex-Auburn player/analyst who played under Trickett talking about the situation, and he talked about how they absolutely hated him, and if any of them had a shotgun during practice they would have used it on Trickett.

fwiw at the UA practices they did say how tight they were and Denson was saying then that they would be a package deal (most thought he meant to FSU) but if Denson is really coming to Miami that has to be good news on where Kirkland will go. Can't imagine Denson would visit Miami if he felt Kirkland was coming to FSU

Advertisement
The announcers said during the State Title Game that Ira loves being a role model to his siblings and wants to be around to help out if something arises (so he has to be local for that). This kid is coming for a free trip or through a wrench in the last visiting weekend for UM (a la Kermit). His 40yd time maybe slow but his football speed and functional strength is off the charts for an OG, in the Title Game this kid played grown man football.

Go Canes!

[video=youtube;kwbQuVR51KA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kwbQuVR51KA[/video]

Last edited:
The announcers said during the State Title Game that Ira loves being a role model to his siblings and wants to be around to help out if something arises (so he has to be local for that). This kid is coming for a free trip or through a wrench in the last visiting weekend for UM (a la Kermit). His 40yd time maybe slow but his football speed and functional strength is off the charts for an OG, in the Title Game this kid played grown man football.

Go Canes!

We saw how well that went for Kermit didn't we? Golden isn't getting played by some 18 year old kid. Unless Denson is coming down here to mess with Gus Edwards, he doesn't have much chance of messing up a very small recruiting weekend.

Go Canes!

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kwbQuVR51KA

If I remember correctly his weight lifting numbers were ridiculous too. His AA game footage during practice though was not so amazing. Kid was holding err body! Maybe just not use to the speed but it looked like he was trying to caveman himself a date

He's not flipping.

Bottom of the 9th, 2 outs, bases loaded, down 4 runs

The odds are that Albert Pujols is not going to tie the game in one swing. He probably singles and the guy behind him strikes out. But it sure is fun to see him take some hellacious cuts and try. There's also that chance he could do something that only guys like him can do and that's why the other team would rather not see him standing at the plate.

Al Golden = Albert Pujols

Advertisement
Back