IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

3 million is a huge deal from one donor, especially since we haven’t had the greatest history with booster donations in the past.

Anything that can improve an already brand new structure and give it more wow and pizzazz, adding extra features, and helps in recruiting ... it also helps the players with the extra features, and that helps everybody.

We should all be thankful that we have people that love the hurricanes enough to donate this amount of money. Especially when we have clowns on this site, supposed “fans” that encourage others not to donate

Big thanks to Mr. Finizio!

Advertisement
As someone that's been around/following this program for over 30 years, in my wildest dreams I did not ever think that the University of Miami would ever build something as beautiful as the Carol Soffer IPF for the football program. Awesome facility.
I didn't think we'd ever pony up for a real head coach.

take that 3mil and put it into a football cafeteria that makes that bama one look like golden corral.....

Advertisement
I didn't think we'd ever pony up for a real head coach.
Richt changed everything. I hate to reference the SEC but he brought us up to match their level, as he would put it "within the rules" and I believe it was a requirement by him to take the job. I'm just thankful Miami agreed and I think it's no coincidence this all happened after Shalala left

Since all of the framework is in for the offices and ipf do you have any idea what they are going to do with it? Renovation of the lockerrom/ player lounge?:unsure:

I toured that area a couple years back and it was a major difference from the mid 2000's from what I remember. The training room is where the old locker room was. The new locker room is nice. The players lounge was cool, but as far as other places go kind of more Chuck E Cheese than Dave and Busters as far as entertainment goes if you get my drift. I am not sure what the $3 million is going to be used for but I hope they use some of it to put more stuff into the locker room and the players lounge like you ask. That kind of stuff can never hurt.

A lot of toxicity on this board at times regarding minute details about the program or individual coaches, but no one can deny that this is the healthiest state the program has been in in a VERY long time

I toured that area a couple years back and it was a major difference from the mid 2000's from what I remember. The training room is where the old locker room was. The new locker room is nice. The players lounge was cool, but as far as other places go kind of more Chuck E Cheese than Dave and Busters as far as entertainment goes if you get my drift. I am not sure what the $3 million is going to be used for but I hope they use some of it to put more stuff into the locker room and the players lounge like you ask. That kind of stuff can never hurt.
It’s needed especially with our rivals who we are competing with directly are getting upgrades soon too like FSU and uf.

Last edited:
Advertisement
3 million is a huge deal from one donor, especially since we haven’t had the greatest history with booster donations in the past.

Anything that can improve an already brand new structure and give it more wow and pizzazz, adding extra features, and helps in recruiting ... it also helps the players with the extra features, and that helps everybody.

We should all be thankful that we have people that love the hurricanes enough to donate this amount of money. Especially when we have clowns on this site, supposed “fans” that encourage others not to donate

Big thanks to Mr. Finizio!

Its incredible, and they school made a great decision to wait until the very end to make the announcement. I'm sure the Finizio family would have preferred the IPF be finished in time for the Paradise and had a much larger buzz around it. But football is buzzing again with camp starting up and its just another great look for the program to set a goal 34 million and not only reach it, but exceed it!

I've said it before and ill say it again. Mark Richt is the best thing to happen to this program in a loooooong time!

take that 3mil and put it into a football cafeteria that makes that bama one look like golden corral.....
The thing is when u have that out the way now the school can upgrade stuff like cafeteria themselves instead of asking for donations since it's a small project compared to an whole ipf

Advertisement
That's awesome but do you know what they plan on doing with it?

Pay for 2 of GoCanes change orders. Restock the vending machine with whats left over.

But I cant wait to see what they do with it. It's great knowing that someone as good as Richt is guiding the program now.

Advertisement
Richt changed everything. I hate to reference the SEC but he brought us up to match their level, as he would put it "within the rules" and I believe it was a requirement by him to take the job. I'm just thankful Miami agreed and I think it's no coincidence this all happened after Shalala left

Although I’m sure Richt has played a integral role in improving alumni relations, you cannot discount the the effect the change in person who writes the checks has had. Richt didn’t authorize richt’s salary, Frenk did. Frenk gave a lecture to all the sections of the freshman marketing classes about the university’s marketing strategy and in his words “being from Mexico I had never watched an American football game until I came to UM, but even from an outsiders prospective its importance within American culture makes it the greatest marketing tool for universities across the country.” Frenk was instrumental in pushing for game day and paying more for Richt. I think that shouldn’t be ignored given what we came from. Ie shalalalallalalal

No. It’s 70 yds (90 including end zones) They didn’t want to lose any of the outside fields where they will be 95% of the time.

he asked about width not length. I don't see how it wouldn't be regulation width. That plays into alignment too much. I'm sure it's legit.

No. It’s 70 yds (90 including end zones) They didn’t want to lose any of the outside fields where they will be 95% of the time.

If I read his post correctly, ‘68 must be talking about sideline to sideline, rather than length.

If not, then it’s typical @Canes1968 dry snitching/bltching about something that even the most casual followers of the program have known for a long long time, that the indoor fields were not going to be regulation length but about 20 to 30 yards short, which is more than enough. Look at other IPFs, many don’t have 100 yard field with additional zones. It’s for practice, not the to play an actual game. You can get the same things done as outside...it’s for practice

But you already knew this, so did he, @Canes1968 is a sly troll.

A competent and competitive football team pays for itself. You put out a quality product and ppl will notice.

I think it was noted that the week after we stomped ND and shut down Game day, admission applications skyrocketed.

Can't make money wo spending it.

Advertisement
Back