IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

Construction? In Miami? Behind schedule??? IMPOSSIBLE!!

This happens in alot of jobs btw. Not uncommon to pull in additional crews, pull OT, or even run 24 hr crews in order to meet hard deadlines.
A lot of factors contribute in a jobs schedule.

Advertisement

eLECTRICAL

Electrical is the first on the job and the last to leave and last to get PAID . A great way to measure is how much electrical switch gear is still open to ship compared to project flow.

So right now I'm telling you this project is behind period, it isn't real bad that some overtime won't solve but main question , who's to pay for OT and who is the cause.

My truck has been sitting onsite since 6:15AM with switchgear needed and still there as of this post waiting for EC or GC to unload it,hows that.

GOCANES

Anyone know if the soft serve machine in the Hecht/Stanford Chartwells is operable over the summer? Also, any chance it has been cleaned since 1999? Asking for a friend......that used to stick his head directly under it after a few Zimas.

Advertisement

And people used to criticize me whenever I mentioned this factor.

Glad to see that we are getting close.

But I went to UM for 10 years (undergrad, grad, law) and I saw plenty of construction jobs that fell behind schedule.

I'll just wait until Hurricane Club starts offering tours.

@STG, would you care to elaborate as to which portion of Brock's post you disagree with?

I swear...I'd love to see the mods start purging the people who just run around negging comments for no reason.

Lol. Didn't even know I negged it. However, since you got your panties in a bunch, maybe you should neg yourself.

In construction falling behind is normal, as project moves forward things occur that just wasn't in the plans , change orders occur (very normal) in all phases which causes things to slow some what till engineers approve and GC and owners sign off on.

One thing I assure you all the electrical contractor is FIRST CLASS and will get it done and it will be impressive.

GOCANES

Advertisement
I don't care how much longer it takes, just get the thing built correctly. We don't have to look very far back into the past to see what happens when details are overlooked and construction is rushed in Miami-Dade County.

OK, here it is and it's a pretty good source from the site it self ......

No way will IPF be open for camp period for start of new season practices , just is NOT going to happen , to many other contractors experiencing change orders , revisions and so on to hit CO certificate of occupancy by opening day of camp , every contractor is pressing forward hard but......NO WAY.

GOCANES

Advertisement
I don't care how much longer it takes, just get the thing built correctly. We don't have to look very far back into the past to see what happens when details are overlooked and construction is rushed in Miami-Dade County.
Yep, no need to rush. Just get it done correctly and we will be fine. Recruits see the work that’s being put into it

Advertisement
Yep, no need to rush. Just get it done correctly and we will be fine. Recruits see the work that’s being put into it

They have project managers that oversee the project and make the work is being done correctly. Plus of course there are inspections and codes. The construction just doesn’t happen on its own and is self approved.

I’m certain that not only is everything being done to code, of course, but that every precaution will be taken to make this structure as safe and Hurricane proof as possible.

Of course, the laws of physics being what they are, there is no building in existence of this type, that could withstand the stresses of a direct hit. Large volume air buildings (or warehouse) like this usually get major damage with direct hits of high magnitude hurricanes. That’s why you have insurance.

Last edited:
OK, here it is and it's a pretty good source from the site it self ......

No way will IPF be open for camp period for start of new season practices , just is NOT going to happen , to many other contractors experiencing change orders , revisions and so on to hit CO certificate of occupancy by opening day of camp , every contractor is pressing forward hard but......NO WAY.

GOCANES
What are you calling the start of new season practices?
I just hope its done or extremely close to being done by the end of July for Paradise Camp (final weekend in July).

What are you calling the start of new season practices?
I just hope its done or extremely close to being done by the end of July for Paradise Camp (final weekend in July).

Ok,let me put it this way so it's clear, IPF will not be ready for the start of 2018 football season maybe just maybe by mid season at best......no body really has a concrete date , if anyone who's has an inside contact please post it ,

IPF hasn't even been piped in yet which means no drywall (Chinese drywall for OCC ) no plumbing from what I've seen from photos...OK

GOCANES

Ok,let me put it this way so it's clear, IPF will not be ready for the start of 2018 football season maybe just maybe by mid season at best......no body really has a concrete date , if anyone who's has an inside contact please post it ,

IPF hasn't even been piped in yet which means no drywall (Chinese drywall for OCC ) no plumbing from what I've seen from photos...OK

GOCANES
You seem obsessed with saying the ipf is behind track, we get it

Advertisement
Back