IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

lol

I've worked for Goldman in Manhattan and 2 hedge funds. I have a perfect understanding of structured finance.

Before that during the Summers as a kid I sold windows. I also know a little something about running a scam. If you want to be a rube God bless you.

I never said you didn't know what you are talking about. I disagree with your statement, but I don't think you know nothing about money. However, Juan has no idea what he is talking about. Just read his statements. They read like a child who just got his first job as a fry cook. I am not sure how being a hedge fund manager makes you an expert on how a school acquires/uses its funds. This reminds me of the doctors who like to throw out that they are a doctor in every argument even though the discussion doesn't pertain to medicine. Personally, I work in Manhattan as well, but in private equity. If we are going to try and use our jobs as some sort of indicator of how knowledgeable we are the situation, then it seems my job would make me better equipped to speak on the matter(neither of us are qualified unless you also spent time as an AD as well).

Advertisement
I also understand the 501c(3) hustle. They're they best possible clients because the capital is stable and theyre unlikely to trigger redemptions.

You don't seem to grasp that the overwhelming majority of donations are "earmarked" to "Area of Greatest University Need." Frank and Blake have the loot and if They don't they could just let in 5 unqualified rich Early Decision kids in from the waitlist by searching zip codes, zillowing home values and sending Development after them.

You don't think it's shady that at the same time they're crying poor Blake is leaking about Richt's extension. Look I'm sick of talking about this. I love the Canes and I want it built. This is a hustle though.

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

That jumble you just tried to impress people with proves it.

You’re actually just throwing financial terms out hoping to dazzle people with bullshlt that you clearly don’t understand. The problems is, I’m your huckleberry, and you should have quit after your first 2 sentences. That is the most laughable non-sequitur ever written in the history of finance.

It may fool people that don’t know anything about finance, but it’s meaningless

All right gentlemen.
As you were.

I'm sure all here hope this thing gets done, on schedule, and ready for the fall.
One way or another.

GO CANES.

You literally have no idea what you’re talking about.

That jumble you just tried to impress people with proves it.

You’re actually just throwing financial terms out hoping to dazzle people with bullshlt that you clearly don’t understand. The problems is, I’m your huckleberry, and you should have quit after your first 2 sentences. That is the most laughable non-sequitur ever written in the history of finance.

It may fool people that don’t know anything about finance, but it’s meaningless
Sick of this debate. Yes, you go ahead and send several thousand in. It's certainly needed and appreciated.

I want the team competitive as much as you. Just FYI, I've been asked to present risk protocols to precisely the same institutional investors as the U and various foundations and hospitals. It certainly isn't something that I clearly "don't understand." I built the VaR macro for a couple of shops actually. If we were to compare our current positions I'm pretty confident that mine would be more robust.

I shouldn't have shown the fallacy of the crying poor argument to the Flavor-Aid chuggers. The untaxed revenue these schools accrue from you is always managed wisely. There certainly aren't massive amounts of waste with the vast holdings the U has. You're right that milking the fanbase dry is absolutely the best way to go. The emperor's new clothes are magnificent.

Sick of this debate. Yes, you go ahead and send several thousand in. It's certainly needed and appreciated.

I want the team competitive as much as you. Just FYI, I've been asked to present risk protocols to precisely the same institutional investors as the U and various foundations and hospitals. It certainly isn't something that I clearly "don't understand." I built the VaR macro for a couple of shops actually. If we were to compare our current positions I'm pretty confident that mine would be more robust.

I shouldn't have shown the fallacy of the crying poor argument to the Flavor-Aid chuggers. The untaxed revenue these schools accrue from you is always managed wisely. There certainly aren't massive amounts of waste with the vast holdings the U has. You're right that milking the fanbase dry is absolutely the best way to go. The emperor's new clothes are magnificent.

Oh my. Ok. I mean, I don’t even....

Are you really doing this? I’m sure hospitals are really interested in Gaussian macro-finance term structure models.

Please just stop already.

What’s next? A dlck measuring contest?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I also understand the 501c(3) hustle. They're they best possible clients because the capital is stable and theyre unlikely to trigger redemptions.

You don't seem to grasp that the overwhelming majority of donations are "earmarked" to "Area of Greatest University Need." Frank and Blake have the loot and if They don't they could just let in 5 unqualified rich Early Decision kids in from the waitlist by searching zip codes, zillowing home values and sending Development after them.

You don't think it's shady that at the same time they're crying poor Blake is leaking about Richt's extension. Look I'm sick of talking about this. I love the Canes and I want it built. This is a hustle though.

You know where that extension is coming from? Boosters plus Adidas money. That's a limited pool, hence why they have to KEEP FUNDRAISING. Just remember, Miami is breaking even, and that's with having the bare minimum in regards to teams. Think about how many sports Miami doesn't offer, especially compared to the typical football factory.

It's obvious that you don't understand a **** thing about how an institution raises money, much less the intricacies of collegiate athletics, so I'm not going to waste my time beyond this point.

Milk the fanbase dry? How long ago did you graduate? There are UM grads that could build the 20 IPFs without going broke. Clearly YOU are the one who doesn't understand. I don't even understand what you are trying to get at. You think that donating to a school is foolish because you don't get anything in return? That is accurate, but the same with any other donation you make.

Milk the fanbase dry? How long ago did you graduate? There are UM grads that could build the 20 IPFs without going broke. Clearly YOU are the one who doesn't understand. I don't even understand what you are trying to get at. You think that donating to a school is foolish because you don't get anything in return? That is accurate, but the same with any other donation you make.
Depends on what one considers an ROI. Making a "donation" to any given organization/institution, one would not expect to receive a financial ROI. At least I don't. The ROI is not a tangible financial one, rather assistance in aiding the organization/institution to remain viable and successful.

Depends on what one considers an ROI. Making a "donation" to any given organization/institution, one would not expect to receive a financial ROI. At least I don't. The ROI is not a tangible financial one, rather assistance in aiding the organization/institution to remain viable and successful.

I couldn't agree more. I think donating to the school that helped you get your current job is very important. Plus it is always great to be apart of a winning program. I was just trying to understand his twisted logic.

Advertisement
Just remember, Miami is breaking even, and that's with having the bare minimum in regards to teams.

"Breaking even" because football & men's basketball have to prop up the freeloaders that don't bring in $h!t to the University.

If you shared an apartment with say 3 other guys, would you pay all the bills because you made the most money?

"Breaking even" because football & men's basketball have to prop up the freeloaders that don't bring in $h!t to the University.

If you shared an apartment with say 3 other guys, would you pay all the bills because you made the most money?

Petition the government to change the Title IX laws if that’s how you feel. Go ahead and march on Washington with placards saying that women’s sports are a waste of time and money.

Wear armor.

Title IX, DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT? I know this is hard for mouth breathers like yourself to understand, but Miami is REQUIRED BY LAW to provide opportunities to female student-athletes. EVEN IF THE SPORTS THEMSELVES LOSE MONEY. If the University doesn't do so, they risk LOSING FEDERAL FUNDING, including losing access to Pell Grants and other financial aid tools. In other words, by not having those female sports, a large percentage of Miami students would not be able to attend the institution, due to them NOT HAVING ACCESS TO FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID. You think every kid at The U is rolling in dough? I knew a lot of kids that relied on Pell Grants and Stafford Loans in order to make up the difference between their scholarships and the cost of attendance. In fact, a lot of football and basketball players use the additional money that they are given through the Pell Grant program to live off of, because the stipend checks only go so far.

Last edited:
Title IX, DO YOU UNDERSTAND IT? I know this is hard for mouth breathers like yourself to understand, but Miami is REQUIRED BY LAW to provide opportunities to female student-athletes. EVEN IF THE SPORTS THEMSELVES LOSE MONEY. If the University doesn't do so, they risk LOSING FEDERAL FUNDING, including losing access to Pell Grants and other financial aid tools. In other words, by not having those female sports, a large percentage of Miami students would not be able to attend the institution, due to them NOT HAVING ACCESS TO FEDERAL FINANCIAL AID. You think every kid at The U is rolling in dough? I knew a lot of kids that relied on Pell Grants and Stafford Loans in order to make up the difference between their scholarships and the cost of attendance. In fact, a lot of football and basketball players use the additional money that they are given through the Pell Grant program to live off of, because the stipend checks only go so far.

I assume this is aimed at the other quoted post.

Advertisement
lol

I've worked for Goldman in Manhattan and 2 hedge funds. I have a perfect understanding of structured finance.

Before that during the Summers as a kid I sold windows. I also know a little something about running a scam. If you want to be a rube God bless you.
I got a window question.

I couldn't agree more. I think donating to the school that helped you get your current job is very important. Plus it is always great to be apart of a winning program. I was just trying to understand his twisted logic.

You can't understand logic that isn't logical. Alumni give back to their alma maters because they want to ensure that the school continues to give kids the same opportunities they received. The University of Miami took a chance on me, and I made good on that bet. By giving to specific departments, I'm able to ensure that the school has the financial footing needed to give to another kid, and hopefully they can make good on that bet as well.

Advertisement

The POWER of the CHOCHA

GOCANES

For the love of everything Holy............ Go to Google and type: "capital campaign, University of Miami." The U raised close to $3 billion in donations over the past 6-years; however, donors only allocated $65M of that to athletics. Di Mare is the only donor that contributes heavily to athletics. Our top donors abhor athletics. A Trustee at Georgetown said in a Board of Governors meeting: "we can hide the high school academic records of 9 basketball players, but not 85 +9." Consequently, Georgetown football is abysmal. [The Soffer gift was the first donation that family ever made to UM and no one in the family had ever attended a UM football game!]

The U rose from an academic ranking of 175 in the 80s to 46 today. They are now building new dorms and a new engineering wing........... They built a $160M biotech center off the I-95. This is now a wealthy school!

For the love of everything Holy............ Go to Google and type: "capital campaign, University of Miami." The U raised close to $3 billion in donations over the past 6-years; however, donors only allocated $65M of that to athletics. Di Mare is the only donor that contributes heavily to athletics. Our top donors abhor athletics. A Trustee at Georgetown said in a Board of Governors meeting: "we can hide the high school academic records of 9 basketball players, but not 85 +9." Consequently, Georgetown football is abysmal. [The Soffer gift was the first donation that family ever made to UM and no one in the family had ever attended a UM football game!]

The U rose from an academic ranking of 175 in the 80s to 46 today. They are now building new dorms and a new engineering wing........... They built a $160M biotech center off the I-95. This is now a wealthy school!

I was told her in a spirited reply non profits don’t cut checks only donations.

My only question was , with billions in bank and donations going south why can’t the U pay the rest that was my only question.

Some got ****ed about fans not wanting to donate, people can get as mad as they want it is was it is DONATIONS ARE WEAK .

Paying the remaining balance by the U was a simple question, but let ignore weak donations and let it go on for years and years till it gets real old and finally pay it off .

Later fans can pay it back but oooh no let’s drag it on in an imbarassing never ending pleas for donations.

GOCANES

Thank you

I was told her in a spirited reply non profits don’t cut checks only donations.

My only question was , with billions in bank and donations going south why can’t the U pay the rest that was my only question.

Some got ****ed about fans not wanting to donate, people can get as mad as they want it is was it is DONATIONS ARE WEAK .

Paying the remaining balance by the U was a simple question, but let ignore weak donations and let it go on for years and years till it gets real old and finally pay it off .

Later fans can pay it back but oooh no let’s drag it on in an imbarassing never ending pleas for donations.

GOCANES

Thank you

Sorry, but your post lacks basic grammar. I could not discern a point or a cohesive statement in that entire diatribe.

Prior to 1960, Miami was a provincial, southern town. By 1979 it had become a small city comprised of 500,000 people, but it then became one of the largest drug markets in the world. Miami is now arguably the 13th most important city in the greatest economy that this world has ever known. The U's donors consist of Bacardis, Industrialists, Sugar Barons, Real Estate magnates, trust fund dandies, biotech titans and/or third tier tech investors. These donors want Miami to be a top-5 city and could care LESS about football. Am still not sure how they convinced the Board to acquiesce to Richt's demands and salary............

Advertisement
Back