Introducing The US1 Billboard Final Push: FIRE BLAKE JAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually been reported by several peeps that Blake went BEHIND the BOT's backs to sign Manny.

Blake is THE target here. This program can't move forward until he's gone. If Manny resigned tomorrow he'd just hire another ****** coach

lmfao please this is just silly, and i have a ton of respect for you, but come on. he didnt sign a $20mil contract behind the BOTs back, and if he did he’d have been fired the next day.

Advertisement
lmfao please this is just silly, and i have a ton of respect for you, but come on. he didnt sign a $20mil contract behind the BOTs back, and if he did he’d have been fired the next day.

it’s not my quote or inside info . Don’t shoot the messenger

what could possibly be bad about putting manny on there??? sounds like fans think a new AD makes Manny Diaz a better coach. It doesnt and unless the vitriol is directed his way the BOT will keep him, new AD or not.

he’s irrelevant to the big picture. He’s just another in a long line of bad coaching hires . The target is the ******* doing the hiring

The final line of text needs to be shortened to your message. Just have FIREBLAKEJAMES.COM in huge lettering.

That is far more effective than two separate lines saying exactly the same thing, and with additional irrelevant wording.

Get rid of the abbreviation AD. That is college football message board garbage. You aren't aiming at message board types. Far too many people will read the billboard and pause at AD because they won't know what the **** it means.

The phrase "demand excellence" is also worthless. You have already implied that via the first two lines, and then the subsequent centerpiece of "FIREBLAKEJAMES.COM"

I used to do this long ago. The Horseshoe had me review and edit their signs and press releases when I worked there. Invariably the people who were doing it were insisting on too many words and themes.

If this were up to me I'd use only "FIREBLAKEJAMES.COM" in massive bold print. Have confidence in your audience. They aren't looking to read a manuscript on US-1. They will remember the name and find out who the heck it is.

Advertisement
It's actually been reported by several peeps that Blake went BEHIND the BOT's backs to sign Manny.

Blake is THE target here. This program can't move forward until he's gone. If Manny resigned tomorrow he'd just hire another ****** coach

I don't really buy that to be honest regardless of what has been reported. You are right, but if we get a new AD and the BOT keeps Manny, we are also fvcked. I want them both gone and I don't buy the whole "any new AD is going to can the ex Mayors son".

he’s irrelevant to the big picture. He’s just another in a long line of bad coaching hires . The target is the ******* doing the hiring

Blake James didnt hire Diaz.

He didnt hire Richt, and wasnt even AD for the three morons before that.

The issue is the BOT. Diaz is the son of a guy who has a ton of close allies on the BOT.

He’s the HC and needs to be removed; the avoidance at pointing the finger at Diaz is just bizarre. He should 100% be on that billboard.

Advertisement

The issue is the BOT. Diaz is the son of a guy who has a ton of close allies on the BOT.

He’s the HC and needs to be removed; the avoidance at pointing the finger at Diaz is just bizarre. He should 100% be on that billboard.

Based on everything I've heard, I disagree. Blake James is just as much to blame as the BOT.

I don't really buy that to be honest regardless of what has been reported. You are right, but if we get a new AD and the BOT keeps Manny, we are also fvcked. I want them both gone and I don't buy the whole "any new AD is going to can the ex Mayors son".

If they go through the trouble of getting a new AD, you can bet everything you own they are cleaning house and getting a good staff too.

This issue is, do they even give a F enough to do ANYTHING.

Advertisement
What I see based on a quick glance:

1. Remove “demand excellence” (not needed. economy of words)
2. Highlight “fireblakejames.com (this is what you want to be the takeaway, yes?)
3. AD - casual observer won’t know what this abbreviation means. Abbreviations should always be spelled out when using them for the first time in a narrative. But in this instance, it’s not needed at all (see below)
4. Redundancy: No need to say fire AD Blake James, etc, when you’re also stating “fireblakejames.com”. Only use “fireblakejames.com” - this is your sticking point
4. 15 years and 0 ACC titles should not be highlighted in larger font and seemingly your primary message. Again, “fireblakejames.com” is your stinking point and where you want to point traffic (pun unintended). That needs larger font and should be primary.

If I were you all, I’d strongly consider working with someone that has done branding, marketing, communication experts etc at a high level before going live with all of this. It’s not my expertise - I’m on the consulting side of the house, but I work shoulder to shoulder with communication and branding experts, and I know what targeted messaging is supposed to look like.

I’ve recommended this several times, but can’t tell you guys how to run it.

Last edited:
We are just going to have to agree to disagree.

New AD won’t just come in and fire coaches. But Manny’s leash is going to be shorter without Blake there. It might hasten a new coaching staff a little.
the most important thing is we have a new, very good AD to make the next coaching hires.

Advertisement
What I see based on a quick glance:

1. Remove “demand excellence” (not needed. economy of words)
2. Highlight “fireblakejames.com (this is what you want to be the takeaway, yes?)
3. AD - casual observer won’t know what this abbreviation means. Abbreviations should always be spelled out when using them for the first time in a narrative. But in this instance, it’s not needed at all (see below)
4. Redundancy: No need to say fire AD Blake James, etc, when you’re also stating “fireblakejames.com”. Only use “fireblakejames.com” - this is your sticking point
4. Why 15 years and 0 ACC titles highlighted in larger font and seemingly your primary message? Again, “fireblakejames.com” is your stinking point and it’s where you want to drive traffic (pun unintended). That needs the larger font and should be primary.

You guys should really, really consider working with someone that has done branding, marketing, communication experts etc at a high level before going live with all of this. That’s not my expertise (I’m on the consulting side of the house) but I know what it should look like, because I work closely with those guys.

I’ve recommended this several times, but apparently you guys are going your own way with this.

Wife’s in marketing and communications field. Also does graphic design. Agree w everything stated above.

my only suggestion is w that SI design,

“The University of Miami Should Drop Blake James”

those words and design trigger the memory of severe probation and liken Blake James to severe probation. He’s holding us back. On and on.

This is the thing that scares me the most. Is papa really going to allow his son to be fired no matter how poorly he performs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back