Introducing The US1 Billboard Final Push: FIRE BLAKE JAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I still have faith it’s not a scam.. however I had faith in Al Golden’s pillars as well so I might not be the best judge.

F
View attachment 104317

Alternative public link: https://ibb.co/wL0Ny13

Link to fundraising page: https://www.gofundme.com/f/us1-billboard-protest-um-administration

After overwhelming public and private input from the four corners of Cane fandom, this is the semi-final message and design I've settled on. Special thanks to @Kendall Boy Cane for helping to make it a reality. The highlights on reasoning:

1. We want to call out the Board of Trustees to spur some action, however calling them out by several individual names would be too confusing message wise and can easily backfire. We also want the message to be simple. They have failed the program.

2. For simplicity in message, football needs to be the focus. If you substitute athletics then it's hard to summarize it with one stat like we do here.

3. Fire Blake James. Should be obvious, it's the central and immediate course of action we are demanding here. Adding in Strawley confuses it, since who is that after all? The overall message to focus on is we want to fire the head man in charge of it all and actually hold the department to a standard it hasn't been held to in the last 15 years.

4. Website link exists to make an extensive case against blake james in particular, and maybe also promote Alonzo Highsmith as a replacement. Ideally the website owner is open to coordinating, if not I'll just substitute another link before go time.

So where are we with fundraising? Unfortunately set back a bit. My original target of $4500 was based on general estimates for boards in the area. However, US1 commands a natural premium and the holidays and approaching Super Bowl combined are also pushing prices to new highs. Here is the most practical location we are able to get.

View attachment 104287

The spot is a trivision, meaning it cycles between two other billboards, which is not ideal but is *much* cheaper than the traditional ones on the same stretch. Final cost? $7,100. Good news is that as you can see, it's within spitting distance of campus.

Is that a high number? Yes. Is it achievable? Yes. We've raised nearly $4000 with extremely minimal information so far. No message, no location, nothing. I've received a plethora of public and private comments from those who are willing to donate once those things were settled and disclosed, and I'm sure there's many more. Well now is your time, and time for us all to blast this thing all over twitter and every other Canes message board. The two main combined threads for this have received over 30k visitors, so just imagine if everyone who was discontent with the Canes this season put in just a few bucks. The numbers exist, and I know we can all spare it. I've put $250 of my own cash down and several others have also donated over $100. Let's get this done, let's get it done quickly so that we can get this thing up while the iron is still hot.

Will this make a difference?

Absolutely.

The BOT is used to being nicely insulated from all the fan displeasure. Time to give them their first real taste of it, and you can bet they won't like it.

Go Canes!
Fraud

Advertisement
Just a dumb mix up with go fund me everyone. They emailed me awhile ago asking to update the campaign with additional info, which I did. I also emailed them asking if they needed anything else and didn’t get a response. They just emailed me that since I didn’t do either they have temporarily closed the link. Talking to support now to clear it up.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back