Interviews with Players 10/8

There is something very wrong with this team, from the top down. We had 2 weeks to prepare for NC and VT and came out unprepared, undisciplined and unfocused. Same with CMU.
They might not win another game and somehow I get the feeling the players don't really care all that much anymore. Sure they would like to win, but as long as they get to wear the U on their helmet, get interviewed, participation plaques and get to post on Instagram, it's all good.

And don't forget a chance to wear the chain or the rings!!! :unsure:

Diaz knows what's important to him and this group!!

Advertisement
We need to stop bashing these kids. They are only playing how they are coached. Granted, I did not like their response after barely beating CMU, but it’s way past that now, we know it’s the coaches that are the rotten apples, running a scam making all that money they don’t deserve.
Two different issues. Yes, coaching is letting the team down. And yes, the players don't seem nearly as ****ed off by they're performances as I am. And that's a problem.

Most of those players take zero responsibility for their shortcomings. Coaches can only coach, even before game day starts I have to be accountable to my teammates.
And they were in the interviews, from what I watched. They all gave accolades to their team mates. They talked about regrouping, supporting and preparing for the next game. These are kids, at least they are processing the loss and going forward. Blame their retarded coaches if are looking to do so. Lay off the kids. I don’t understand what it is that you want them to do to make you happy.

Respect your opinion on a lot of canes stuff, but I'm sorry this team is trash.
They aren't trash, but they are poorly coached and poorly prepared, which certainly makes them look trashy at times. There is talent there, but Manny Diaz is certainly showing this is his first HC job. The team is a reflection of their head coach, and right now that coach isn't prepared for big boy football. Not for 4 quarters a game, at least.

Advertisement
UVA game is going to tell us what these kids are about. If they get blown out, there might be heads turning n players notified.

oh no, not another "this game is going to tell us what these kids are about" game! Unfortunately, we know already,

Convince me they give a sht?

How do you not see that winners hate losing? These guys don't hate losing. I'll leave you to decide what that means.
It’s the way they are being coached. These are kids reflecting the adults in the room. They don’t need to convince you or me about anything. It’s the coaches’ job to do so. Look I get your and others’ point, but your looking through the wrong end of the binoculars.

They aren't trash, but they are poorly coached and poorly prepared, which certainly makes them look trashy at times. There is talent there, but Manny Diaz is certainly showing this is his first HC job. The team is a reflection of their head coach, and right now that coach isn't prepared for big boy football. Not for 4 quarters a game, at least.

Meh. I still respect your opinions sir.

Perhaps these kids should be kept away from the media, and let the coaches take responsibility for once.

Advertisement
And they were in the interviews, from what I watched. They all gave accolades to their team mates. They talked about regrouping, supporting and preparing for the next game. These are kids, at least they are processing the loss and going forward. Blame their retarded coaches if are looking to do so. Lay off the kids. I don’t understand what it is that you want them to do to make you happy.

Wash, rinse, and repeat sir, same double talk as always. Next week it'll be something along the lines of all the receivers need glasses or hey they are winners in life. Lulz.

Meh. I still respect your opinions sir.
And I, yours.

I'm as furious as anyone over the lack of preparedness we have seen. Not just that, but the idiotic personnel decisions. That's all coaching, and Manny needs to learn his butt from a hole in the ground in a hurry. When, or if, he does, the talent will be there to win games.

Advertisement
That's the turmoil of accepting a bunch of 3 stars...for every stud you find, there are at least 10 duds. All of these games were winnable. Go back and look, we should be 5 and 0 right now. Lack of discipline has killed this team. Taking away playing time is the last alternative.

Coaching is a$$ but these players aren't gonna get a free pass from me. They suck and have no discipline.
What bothers me about the players is there appears to be no real leader. No one that can't stand losing, or poor play from team mates. Where is the one guy that will step up and light a fire under @sses? They all would rather dance on the sideline than knock the **** out of someone. Yeah, the **** HC should be the main source of instilled fear, but where are the players that hold each other accountable? I just don't see it. At all.

Advertisement
What bothers me about the players is there appears to be no real leader. No one that can't stand losing, or poor play from team mates. Where is the one guy that will step up and light a fire under @sses? They all would rather dance on the sideline than knock the **** out of someone. Yeah, the **** HC should be the main source of instilled fear, but where are the players that hold each other accountable? I just don't see it. At all.

If they are on the team then they must be hiding in the shadows.

Convince me they give a sht?

How do you not see that winners hate losing? These guys don't hate losing. I'll leave you to decide what that means.

I said this 2 weeks ago in the "It starts with the right coach" thread

Who's the leader in the locker room? Where's our Al Blades at that we miss so much. Where are the players that hold other players accountable? It should be the seniors like Pinckney and Shaq. Navaughn Donaldson is a monster of a man and should command respect from every player on the offensive side of the ball. Ain't nobody in that locker room earning respect from each other. This team is full of individuals whereas our teams that were great were team players and held each other accountable. I'm not in that locker room, but I bet Shaq and Pink were better espected when they were freshmen. It will be a shame if they came back for their senior year and went 7-5 or 6-6. We've already been beat by one basketball school, will there be another one? Time to look in the ******* mirror and man up.

Those of yall that played sports in the 90s. Yall remember crying after loses and being mad as ****? I certainly do. I got my *** whooped if i didnt give full effort. I didnt have half the talent these kids have but my dad told me if you play a sport you give 100% effort. If not then he wouldn't let me play.

These kids are so soft. I never want to hear any of them say they are savages. They are soft and that comes from parenting and coaching.

Advertisement
Back