Interviews with Players 10/8

Advertisement
You didn't get a sense of that last week? We almost lost to CMU and then came out against a rival, VT with 2 weeks to prepare and looked absolutely worthless. This team is unprepared, undisciplined and lacks any real heart.

There is something very wrong with this team, from the top down. We had 2 weeks to prepare for NC and VT and came out unprepared, undisciplined and unfocused. Same with CMU.
They might not win another game and somehow I get the feeling the players don't really care all that much anymore. Sure they would like to win, but as long as they get to wear the U on their helmet, get interviewed, participation plaques and get to post on Instagram, it's all good.

There is absolutely no player leadership. There are no leaders. No player will call out underperformers or hold them accountable. No self motivation. A bunch of individuals out there for themselves.
Totally disagree. You based this off of watching these video clips, or did you hit a wall waking up on the wrong side of the bed? I mean, what in these clips makes you say what you are saying? I watched the same clips and what I saw is kids just trying to be resilient in the face of adversity that, by the way, has been inflicted on them by their own coaches.

Advertisement
UVA game is going to tell us what these kids are about. If they get blown out, there might be heads turning n players notified.

I think most of us know what our kids are about by now. It's obvious. I'd be surprised if it wasn't a blow out.. only thing we have going for us is they don't have a true freshman quarterback who's never had a 'breakout game' playing against us.. at least I don't think..

UVA game is going to tell us what these kids are about. If they get blown out, there might be heads turning n players notified.
But that’s been said of every game after the debacle against the turds. It gets old af a while. It’s time just bear with this ****** season, whichever way it goes, and just see which way the needle points into next year. Hopefully, it points up.

Advertisement
Are you actually shtting me? Like for real you don't think we've seen who this team is yet? You don't think being unable to regroup after a lackluster performance and come out and dominate a weak team tells you who these guys are? Fck.

Advertisement
We need to stop bashing these kids. They are only playing how they are coached. Granted, I did not like their response after barely beating CMU, but it’s way past that now, we know it’s the coaches that are the rotten apples, running a scam making all that money they don’t deserve.

Agreed. However, I think they might have found some heart in that comeback.

The team isn't heartless, but they are unmotivated. They seem more prepared to dance on the sideline and wear trinkets than come out ACTUALLY fired up and ready to rumble. Only when they get punched a few good times do they wake up and realize they need to fight. Once they do, they fight decently. Well, aside from the CMU game, which they obviously didn't take seriously at all. That's a huge problem, and Manny needs to fix that crap. They should never be allowed to sleepwalk through a win. It's that same sleepwalking that has lead to 3 losses. ****, they were even sleepwalking against Bethune for the first 25 minutes. That's ALL on coaching and culture.

This team is talented, but without motivation and discipline they will never win squat. The gold chains, TD rings, and pregame dance party needs to flipping go the **** away. They aren't good enough to beat ACC teams by showing up and playing a half of football. Again, that's all on coaching. There needs to be boots in butts, not chains and rings.

Respect your opinion on a lot of canes stuff, but I'm sorry this team is trash.

Advertisement
Wrong guys have been playing.

Crazy it took them 5 games to realize this, but at least they're fixing it.

I'm putting my chips on the table. This team is about to take off.

What’s hanging their heads gonna do when the adults in the room are blatantly incompetent?

Most of those players take zero responsibility for their shortcomings. Coaches can only coach, even before game day starts I have to be accountable to my teammates.

Advertisement
Back