Interview with N'Kosi Perry

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
RIPGotti.jpg

Incoming Miami freshman QB N'Kosi Perry joins me for an interview and discusses his preparation for UM, his chances to win the starting job, and Mark Richt comparing him to Charlie Ward.

[SOUNDCLOUD]317122613[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
**** 67 yards is absurd! If he comes in at 190 I think he'll be right there with Evan and Rosier in terms of splitting reps. Let the best man win

Man, I hate F$U, but if Richt thinks this guy is our Charlie Ward. God have mercy on the rest of the college football world.

Advertisement
**** 67 yards is absurd! If he comes in at 190 I think he'll be right there with Evan and Rosier in terms of splitting reps. Let the best man win

He's got to be 200 or more for me to feel comfortable with him taking a hit.
He looks a lot bigger in that video from a couple days ago tho.

N'Kosi, Sitoski, and every other quaterback recruit going foward are going to be Richt guys starting with Perry...Thats when i believe we will see a true competitive quarterback race.

Advertisement
This kid reminds me of Rakeem Cato with a much better arm...

High football IQ, terrific arm & accurate passer, he's been the best QB in the state since his Junior year.

He's not as out of the QB race as a lot of people may think, I go back & forth with who I think will be the starter, but I always hope Perry comes in & wins the job above all.

I still think he redshirts, unless Richt HAS to play him. If the guys ahead of him get hurt or aren't performing, I see him getting a real chance. I don't think he'll win the job outright. Trust takes time.

He's probably the most talented guy we have, but it takes more than raw talent. Trust and time. I hope our fans are patient with him. We see how fast they have turned on Allison.

This kid reminds me of Rakeem Cato with a much better arm...

High football IQ, terrific arm & accurate passer, he's been the best QB in the state since his Junior year.

He's not as out of the QB race as a lot of people may think, I go back & forth with who I think will be the starter, but I always hope Perry comes in & wins the job above all.

I still think he redshirts, unless Richt HAS to play him. If the guys ahead of him get hurt or aren't performing, I see him getting a real chance. I don't think he'll win the job outright. Trust takes time.

He's probably the most talented guy we have, but it takes more than raw talent. Trust and time. I hope our fans are patient with him. We see how fast they have turned on Allison.

This.

Too many have already crowned this kid. Is he talented, **** yeah, but so were Wright, Harris, Marve, Olsen and Kayaa. All those guys were supposed to be the next great one. If Perry is as good as all the hype we'll know soon enough. I could definitely see him getting some real playing time this season if he's the truth and just needs reps. I've never thought he has a chance to start day one. There's a reason true freshman rarely start at power 5 schools.

Advertisement
I see this playing out very similar to 3 yrs ago when Kaaya got here. If one of the guys already on campus separate themselves and takes charge it's their job. If no one really shows out, Perry will have a legit shot to come in and show what he's got. If he can be on par with or very close he could win the job.

Say hello to your starting QB the first day of fall practice and for the next 3 years. No doubt.

I see this playing out very similar to 3 yrs ago when Kaaya got here. If one of the guys already on campus separate themselves and takes charge it's their job. If no one really shows out, Perry will have a legit shot to come in and show what he's got. If he can be on par with or very close he could win the job.

He could still win the job, but because he's a not-early-enrolling freshmans, I personally believe the odds are low.

This is NOTHING like Bard's freshmans year. The projected starter doesn't have a shredded knee.

Advertisement

He could still win the job, but because he's a not-early-enrolling freshmans, I personally believe the odds are low.

This is NOTHING like Bard's freshmans year. The projected starter doesn't have a shredded knee.
Yeah but Perry can throw it 67 yards and Rick compared him to Charlie Ward who started from day one as a true freshmans at FSU.

I think Brad having Rudy Carpenter made a big difference in how prepared he was coming in his Freshman season.

Perry has a lot to prove. The talent is there, but crowning him this early would be a mistake. This kid needs to earn it, like all Cane greats have in the past. One of the reasons Kaaya won the starting job was not only due to the lack of talent in front of him, but also because he worked his a** off in the offseason to learn the playbook and connect with his future teammates.

Can Perry do the same? I believe so; however, it would be a disservice to this program if Perry is penciled in as a starter right away. Let him go toe-to-toe with two veterans who are fighting for the chance to lead this team and write their own legacys. Competition breeds success. This has been true in the past and it remains true today.

Advertisement
Back