Interview with N'Kosi Perry

View as article
BCC and Arkansas State are the perfect games to start a true freshmen. In fact, other than FSU, it's the perfect schedule to start a true freshmen.

I am by no means saying you start him for the **** of it, he has to earn it.

But, if he looks like the guy, freshman be damned, the future is now.

I'll take Perry with a year under his belt heading into 2018, FSU game be damned. You don't make a program changing decision for the sake of one game, any game.

And for the record, he's precisely the type of QB to beat FSU, too.

Advertisement
I see this playing out very similar to 3 yrs ago when Kaaya got here. If one of the guys already on campus separate themselves and takes charge it's their job. If no one really shows out, Perry will have a legit shot to come in and show what he's got. If he can be on par with or very close he could win the job.

He could still win the job, but because he's a not-early-enrolling freshmans, I personally believe the odds are low.

This is NOTHING like Bard's freshmans year. The projected starter doesn't have a shredded knee.
Yeah but Perry can throw it 67 yards and Rick compared him to Charlie Ward who started from day one as a true freshmans at FSU.

Ward did not start as a true freshman. He barely played true freshman year and then redshirted as a sophomore.
View attachment 44209

lol it did.

I hope he is that talented, that he can win it, but the best man is all I want as a fan. I really feel like whomever is to be our QB better get his crap together because Artur is the real deal. I think he comes in and competes right away when he gets here.

I see this playing out very similar to 3 yrs ago when Kaaya got here. If one of the guys already on campus separate themselves and takes charge it's their job. If no one really shows out, Perry will have a legit shot to come in and show what he's got. If he can be on par with or very close he could win the job.

He could still win the job, but because he's a not-early-enrolling freshmans, I personally believe the odds are low.

This is NOTHING like Bard's freshmans year. The projected starter doesn't have a shredded knee.
Yeah but Perry can throw it 67 yards and Rick compared him to Charlie Ward who started from day one as a true freshmans at FSU.

That's actually incorrect...

Advertisement

That's actually incorrect...

BIT4TTM.jpg

It's better for us that its the QB Richt picked, he has trained the offense to Perry's strengths.

Rick picked a lot of ****** QBs at UGA. He's no miracle QB selector. Good thing Perry is going to hit the ground running and have no learning curve because Rick picked him.

It's better for us that its the QB Richt picked, he has trained the offense to Perry's strengths.

Rick picked a lot of ****** QBs at UGA. He's no miracle QB selector. Good thing Perry is going to hit the ground running and have no learning curve because Rick picked him.
Well the offense is at least taylored to Perry's strengths.

Advertisement
I think some of you are confusing "crowning" him with saying that he has a legitimate chance to win the job, which he does. The fact is that Richt will give him every chance to win this job, now let's see if he can take it.
^^^^^

Perry needs to pull this out.

If we have to linger around Shirreffs and Rosier for the next 2 years it will be brutal.

The Weldon tears are flowing, once valid picked him I knew he was done for (fkin with u valid)
I dont see how anyone looks at his tape and not scream stud and on top of it he was the number 1 target for MR in the whole fkin class but people picked Weldon who probably will never play here, thats my opinion and im sticking to it.

Advertisement

If that's the case, then none of his selections should be trusted, Rosier, Perry, Shirreffs & Sitkow included.

Advertisement

If that's the case, then none of his selections should be trusted, Rosier, Perry, Shirreffs & Sitkow included.

Rick signed Rosier and Shirreffs? When it comes to the QB spot, I need to see them do it while the band is playing.

HS accolades are nice, and Perry is a great talent. But so was Kenny Kelly, and he struggled badly. And he didn't get forced into starting as a true freshmans. A far less talented Dorsey eventually stole his lunch money and made him a minor league baseball player.

This is a whole other level of football when it comes to playing QB. There is so much thinking and information processing that goes into playing QB for Rick that it's almost foolish to think that Perry will come in and win the job in a month. A lot of dudes on here set Allison up too. Now, he's a bum.

For a true freshman like Perry to come in and win the QB job over guys like Rozier who have been here 3+ years and Shirfeffs who has also been here for a while would tell me. A) Perry really good or B) Rozier and Shireffs not so much.

How often does a true freshman start on P5 team?? Not many

Rick signed Rosier and Shirreffs? When it comes to the QB spot, I need to see them do it while the band is playing.

HS accolades are nice, and Perry is a great talent. But so was Kenny Kelly, and he struggled badly. And he didn't get forced into starting as a true freshmans. A far less talented Dorsey eventually stole his lunch money and made him a minor league baseball player.

This is a whole other level of football when it comes to playing QB. There is so much thinking and information processing that goes into playing QB for Rick that it's almost foolish to think that Perry will come in and win the job in a month. A lot of dudes on here set Allison up too. Now, he's a bum.

Maybe, but Richt is the one who keeps leaving the door open.

He said he wanted to see what Perry can do before he locked in anything.

Perry at the very least will get a fair shake. We'll see if he's ready.

Advertisement
Back