Interesting what Jeff Thomas said

No, I am not defending his behavior, but at the same time, this kid comes from tough times. He dreams of making it. If he thinks that this staff and this program won't get him there, it isn't our decision to tell him he's wrong. I grew up poor and in a bad way, and I can tell you, getting out isn't easy.
Fair enough. And unlike 99.9% of those who grow up in those environments, he was given a golden path out. Yet what does he do with it? Quits on his HS team and quits on his college team. I feel sad for him. I legitimately do. I just think its BS to try and put this all on the coaches. At some point a person has to be responsible for their own actions regardless of their background. And at some point a coaching staff has to stand up to insubordinate behavior or it becomes a cancer to the whole team. Theres that word again! Because its true. Its not like this was a one off incident with JT. This is him.

Advertisement
I love how quickly we jump to defend a kid who had issues dating back to high school.

I'm not fond of this staff either, but I doubt this one is all on them.

We just need to recruit more tough out-of-state kids.
Oh, wait. :disturbed:

As talented as Thomas is, it appears he’s equally as mentally weak. Unfortunately, this kid is going to flame out. Kid already quit on his hs team and now his college team. He’ll quit at the first sighn of adversity, that never bodes well for success. I highly doubt he ever makes in the NFL.

I love how quickly we jump to defend a kid who had issues dating back to high school.

Don't sign a player with a history of behavior problems that you can't handle and then blame him for his behavior problems after you've proven that you can't handle him.

That's just horrible corching.

Advertisement
Don't sign a player with a history of behavior problems that you can't handle and then blame him for his behavior problems after you've proven that you can't handle him.

You're gonna sign an elite player and hope that you can manage him. Most coaches figure they can handle a kid's issues.

As talented as Thomas is, it appears he’s equally as mentally weak. Unfortunately, this kid is going to flame out. Kid already quit on his hs team and now his college team. He’ll quit at the first sighn of adversity, that never bodes well for success. I highly doubt he ever makes in the NFL.

there's your answer.

Can't talk crap on a kid who literally was the only one who seemed to have any fight in him on the offensive side of the ball. Everyone else to seemed to just go with the flow. No urgency from anyone else when he was creating plays

Advertisement

How is that horrible coaching? All a coach can do is give a kid a chance at a free education and the opportunity to possibly move on the the NFL. At that point it is up to the player.

You can’t blame the coach for a irresponsible player who threw away a chance to play in the NFL. Let us be real. Jeff Thomas May simply hate playing football and only plays because he thinks that is what people want him to do

Can we put an end to this by agreeing.... "we are ***ked either way.... we still have Mork" .

This program is on life support... I am not sure we will make it back all the way.
The prognosis is "vegetative state for the near future.."

The same ones in here talking about JT4 quit are the same ones talking about not showing up to games and flying banners. #Hypocrites

Lol exactly the same clowns also the ones posting in recruiting threads telling recruits that they’re dumb if they commit to Miami??

Attacking JT4 for leaving but y’all quit on the program well before he left. Soft shouldered entitled *** hypocrites.

Advertisement

At least he was our best player on offense. We have other players on offense that cry about playing time but get in the game and look like dogsh*t. Lol

You're gonna sign an elite player and hope that you can manage him. Most coaches figure they can handle a kid's issues.

I'm sure most corches 'hope' they can handle these kids. The reality is that some of them don't.

As granny used to say. You can hope in one hand and **** in the other.

Advertisement
Yes. He needs hire a OC and give him autonomy to do his own thing. If that doesn’t happen, might as well just stay as it is.

If he doesn’t his tenure will last another 1-2 years if we are lucky and it will be more
Mediocrity.

Advertisement
Back