Interesting video on the feast or famine UM attack vs L'Ville...

Advertisement
Advertisement
To reach our goals, he definitely right. Our success rate was terrible from a play by play bases. That said, I think the guys will improve. Like one poster said, we may have to include some jet sweeps to keep the defense honest.

Good video

After 2 games I am very very confident that Lashlee is the right guy and the offense will only get better throughout the season. Sounds like he will demand it, which I absolutely love.

The major question is our defense and the staff in place there (Baker, Rumph, Patke). If Manny was leading the charge of the defense I would be more confident but there’s just something different about this defense with Blake at the helm. Hopefully we see them get better and make strides but I do have doubts he’s the right guy for a championship caliber defense.

When I think feast or famine I think of those years under Coley with Morris and Duke and every offensive possession was a 40 yard touchdown or a three and out.
Or the Golden years where we'd feast in the first half and famine in the second.

The first two games feel very different. UAB tried to take away the pass, we ran over them for 350 yards.

L-ville tried to take away the run, and other than a few plays they did...we passed all over them.

will be nice to see a good mix of both, what do you do if you are an opposing DC? Do you try to stop the run and hope your guys can cover our guys one on one? or do you try to stop the pass and Cam and Rooster run all over you?

Advertisement
Can’t wait to see Rooster in motion running the jet sweep and then the play action off that hitting Jordan up the seam.

It's hard to fault the offense when they score fast. It wasn't the offense's fault that Louisville lined up in zero-safety on the three big busts. That's on them. They took advantage of it. Louisville was over-committed to stopping the run and King made them pay. I don't think Louisville's defense is that good, so they had to at least try to make King beat them through the air, and not let Miami run it like they did against UAB.
Take what the defense gives you. That's offensive football 101. Not our fault they chose to give up the back end of their defense.

Don’t listen to what these cbs 247 guys say about us. Before the season they were sucking off loserville and now they’re on our junk and if we drop a game they’ll be first in line to throw eggs on us

When I think feast or famine I think of those years under Coley with Morris and Duke and every offensive possession was a 40 yard touchdown or a three and out.
or with jacory harris at qb under whipple ...

Advertisement
Did any of you guys getting defensive even watch the video? He was talking from the perspective that he was impressed and doesn’t think the offense has hit its ceiling yet.

Pate even emphasized that you can’t discount the explosive plays. All he’s pointing to is there wasn’t much sustainability to some drives which multiple posters and Lashlee himself pointed out.

Yes, it’s hard to have all your drives be either explosive or perfectly methodical, but that’s how highly he thinks of the offense that there’s much room for improvement.

Also Pate has been on the Miami train since before the season started.

There was nothing hot and cold about miamis offense vs Louisville whatsoever. Look how easy we were moving the ball and really the scores could have been worse. **** lashlee ran certain plays in the first half just to set up the big plays in the 2nd half like that qb power running play in one of the drives near the end of the first half which didn’t get that many yards at all but helped facilitate the wheel route touchdown later in the game.

they also didn’t shut down cam Harris either, even if you discredit the 75 td yard run because the super analytical people like to do that as if it didn’t happen he still averaged 7.4 yards per carry or so without that run.

This was exactly what I wanted to see and was disappointed I didn’t see against UAB. Set teams up. Run multiple plays out of the same sets and put guys in conflict, and when they choose wrong, burn them. This is beautiful.

Advertisement
need Scaife to step up. Gaynor is solid but not elite and the other guard spot is average at best. Not sure we are going to see a solid interior run game all year.

Lashlee will need to start incorporating jet sweeps etc to stretch defenses out to loosen up the middle for our line.
Told people before the season, scaife is more suited as a tackle due to his skill set and pass blocking acumen. Run blocking especially as an interior guy now isn’t necessarily his strong suit

We've always said we need to get our guys out in the open and let them do what they can do. Accomplishing that is called a strategy . . .

Although it was a pretty good take, he's just another talking head relating what we already know.

Well, we scored 5 touchdowns and kicked 4 field goals. Again, we started every drive on our end of the field. We punted 3 times and 9 drives were successful. We were 6 out of 13 on 3rd down conversions. We had 19 first downs on 60 plays. The series where we punted we got ourselves in trouble and were behind schedule. Last year we were 129th out of 130 in the nation in 3rd down conversions. Explosive plays are part of the game. We all agree that there is much to improve on after two games, but this offense is going to get better and better.

Advertisement
Back