Interesting video on the feast or famine UM attack vs L'Ville...

k9cane

Senior
I enjoyed the video down by Josh Pate of 24/7 on the resurgence of Miami, but he did point to the hot-and-cold nature of the Miami offense (how three plays accounted for a good percentage of their yards/pts), however, he made some counter-arguments about how that shouldn't detract from what they did, and the fact that they are versatile (both in how many players contributed, and in the pass AND run game) that it's actually not an indictment of the performance

Pate seems to be a staunch believer in this UM squad:

Advertisement
This "feast or famine" line is kinda weird, and definitely not the first time I've heard it.

It looked pretty clear to me that Lashlee was feeling out the defense and setting up these big plays. From what I see, it worked astonishingly well.

Feast or famine is a little more like what the 2019 Miami offense looked like. Lighting it up against FSU and Louisville and then laying eggs against FIU and La Tech.

This "feast or famine" line is kinda weird, and definitely not the first time I've heard it.

It looked pretty clear to me that Lashlee was feeling out the defense and setting up these big plays. From what I see, it worked astonishingly well.

Feast or famine is a little more like what the 2019 Miami offense looked like. Lighting it up against FSU and Louisville and then laying eggs against FIU and La Tech.

Well Pate, clearly said that big plays cant be discounted -- they are part of the game. It's football, they happen

He also stated this is just the 2nd game of this new system. So this is really just the beginning of this whole process

There was nothing hot and cold about miamis offense vs Louisville whatsoever. Look how easy we were moving the ball and really the scores could have been worse. **** lashlee ran certain plays in the first half just to set up the big plays in the 2nd half like that qb power running play in one of the drives near the end of the first half which didn’t get that many yards at all but helped facilitate the wheel route touchdown later in the game.

they also didn’t shut down cam Harris either, even if you discredit the 75 td yard run because the super analytical people like to do that as if it didn’t happen he still averaged 7.4 yards per carry or so without that run.

Another point, why wouldn’t those 3 plays account for a lot of yards/points if Miami barely had 21 minutes of time of possession anyway and ran what 25 plays lower than what a lashlee offense normally averages in a game? That was due to some of those quick play scoring drives. Some of these reporters just say anything, we have seen a lot of bad offense being a Miami fan over the years but THAT performance was anything but feast or famine

Advertisement

Lashlee himself said we needed to be more efficient as even though explosive plays are great you cant live on them, we had too many runs that didnt amount to much. there was some stat of out of 28 approx runs, 5 were positive, just so happen they were really big runs.. To be efficient they need to be more consistent. Its not a knock and the reason from top down from Diaz, lashlee to the players everyone acknowledge while we did good, lots of room for improvement

The difference (hopefully) is that this team is testing the other team then exploiting weaknesses. The last few years, we found a thing that worked and rode it until somebody figured it out, then just kept doing it until the season was over. What I think I'm seeing is an OC who sees what's happening and tries to counter it.

Lashlee himself said we needed to be more efficient as even though explosive plays are great you cant live on them, we had too many runs that didnt amount to much. there was some stat of out of 28 approx runs, 5 were positive, just so happen they were really big runs.. To be efficient they need to be more consistent. Its not a knock and the reason from top down from Diaz, lashlee to the players everyone acknowledge while we did good, lots of room for improvement

if they can start getting 4 yards consistently on those inside running plays, this thing can be almost unstoppable in my view...

Advertisement
Same people removing "big plays" from our performances to **** on the offense immediately turn around and ***** about not having them.

Yawn

Game 1 Talking Point:

Man our passing game blows. Ya ya ya we ran for 350+

Game 2 Talking Points:

:Louisville focuses on run:

:King lights them up through the air with 50 11 drops:

"Ya ya ya but IF the big plays were not there..."

It was game two in a year without spring ball and ****ed up practice schedules. God **** patience is a virtue.

It's hard to fault the offense when they score fast. It wasn't the offense's fault that Louisville lined up in zero-safety on the three big busts. That's on them. They took advantage of it. Louisville was over-committed to stopping the run and King made them pay. I don't think Louisville's defense is that good, so they had to at least try to make King beat them through the air, and not let Miami run it like they did against UAB.

Advertisement
Not belaboring the point but at least 16 points left of the board, taking the most conservative approach.
1. Chaney doesn’t break off his route and catches the ball - we stall and it is still likely 3 points. (50 pts);
2. The Mallory catch doesn’t get called Back over BS and we don’t punch it in from the 10 yard line, and we put up another FG. (53 pts);
3. Pope doesn’t drop the ball, and we get a first down, but the drive stalls and we take another FG (56 pts); and, of course,
4. Harley makes the catch in the endzone. (63 pts).

i’m really not worried about the offense.

Last edited:
Lmao at this dude's hot take. Would he have preferred three 10 play drives instead of those explosive plays?

He has no way of predicting what the outcome was going to be in any of those drives. It's a ludicrous position to take.
Lashlee said the same after the game so he must agree with this guy

Advertisement
if they can start getting 4 yards consistently on those inside running plays, this thing can be almost unstoppable in my view...

need Scaife to step up. Gaynor is solid but not elite and the other guard spot is average at best. Not sure we are going to see a solid interior run game all year.

Lashlee will need to start incorporating jet sweeps etc to stretch defenses out to loosen up the middle for our line.

Advertisement
Back