Interesting stat regarding the NFL Combine

Advertisement
I got a list just now in my head of about 8 or 9 of just SRs lol
rick james cocaine GIF

If youre implying Miami could get 10 id love to see a list. Even with a solid 8-9 win season using current roster max i see is 7.

TVD
Cohen
Zion idlf healthy
Taylor if improved
James Williams
Kam Kinchens
Davonte Brown
Other potential guys:
Branson Deen
Henry Parrish
Jahfari Harvey
Matt Lee
Jalen Rivers
Ahkeem Mesidor
Leonard Taylor

It's a long shot but a good season could propel a few of the guys to the combine.

Lol night high but these guys can get a combine invite next year

TVD
Parrish
Colby
X
Lee
Cohen
Zion
Rivers
Harvey
Mesidor
Taylor

Other potential guys:
Branson Deen
Henry Parrish
Jahfari Harvey
Matt Lee
Jalen Rivers
Ahkeem Mesidor
Leonard Taylor

It's a long shot but a good season could propel a few of the guys to the combine.
IF we win 10+ games maybe these become realistic. The O& G glasses are heavily tinted but 3 OL off a middling team and an entire DL seem to be the most delusional. I did forget Mesidor but the production is missing for most of those names.

Advertisement
IF we win 10+ games maybe these become realistic. The O& G glasses are heavily tinted but 3 OL off a middling team and an entire DL seem to be the most delusional. I did forget Mesidor but the production is missing for most of those names.
I'm not drinking the cane juice at all lol, just saying a invite to the combine not all getting drafted high, but I think all the names are a possibility if they stay healthy have the measurables

Advertisement
Brother. I didn’t say all of these guys would get an invite. Just listing a few other potential guys that, with a good season, could see an invite.

Golden had so many misevaluations, its crazy to see all the short memories praising his evaluations just because Manny was horrendous.

His trench evals on both sides of the ball were devastatingly bad.

Darius Smith
Kevin Grooms
Ricardo Wiilliams
Jalen Grimble
Antonio Kinard
Thomas Finnie
Juniior Alexis
Hunter Wells
Thurston Armbrister
Jelani Hamilton
Raphael Kirby
Dwayne Hoilett
Robert Lockhart
Earl Moore
Jacoby Briscoe
Preston Dewey
Gray Crow
D'Mauri Jones
Jawand Blue
Jontavious Carter
Taylor Gadbois
Vernon Davis
Danny Dillard
Larry Hope
Nate Dortch
Gaby Terry
Jake O'Donnell
Dequan Ivery
Kevin Olsen
Beau Sandland
Standish Dobard
Ufomba Kumalu
Alex Gall
Hunter Knighton
Ray Lewis III
Rykeem Lockley
Kiy Hester
Darrion Owens
Mike Smith
Calvin Heurtelou
Michael Wyche
Ryan Mayes
Trayone Gray
Juwon Young
Marques Gayot
Terry McCray
Joe Brown
Darrel Langham
Bar Milo
Jerome Washington
Jahir Jones
Charles Perry
Jamie Gordinier
Brendan Loftus
Hayden Mahoney
Ryan Fines
Tyler Gauthier
Robert Knowlees
Evan Shirreffs
James King
Terrance Henley
You forgot Corey King. You get an F.

I think there are a lot of guys that “could” get a combine invitation. But results matter.

lol bruh you are just wrong on this one. Out of the "60" players bolded are players 4* or higher.

Kevin Grooms - (grades, was never making it)
Jalen Grimble (miss)
Jelani Hamilton (miss)
Raphael Kirby (dude was a captain in 2015 and season ending injury not all pro but not a total scrub)
Kevin Olsen (legacy, all would have taken him, but headcase)
Beau Sandland (Drafted by NFL)
Standish Dobard (I will say miss, but he played decent for us and kept having to switch positions)
Kiy Hester (good career at rutgers)
Bar Milo (miss but came with Kaaya)

So out of the 60+ only 9 were actually projected to do something.

Also a hugeeee part of your list was the 2012 class when it was 2011 the scandal news broke. We werent getting anyone worth a **** that year. Evals or not.

Again, his recruiting sucked, his coaching sucked, he took wayyyyyy too many lower rated kids (likely not by choice), but his hit rate on those lower rated kids is impressive. I mean it is not hard to "evaluate" someone who is 6'3, 240lbs and running a 4.4. We just did not get those guys. Do you think he did a good job "evaluating" Duke Johnson? Because frankly I could do that. You are also correct we had depth issues (because we had scholarship reductions) but that was also from missing on kids and no one wanting to come to us because of sanctions.

So since Golden pretty much only signed or recruited lower level kids, he gets credit for talent evaluation because a few hit? The lack of blue chip players on that list some how solidifies solid evaluation to you?

A lot of Golden's retarded takes were pretty early... what does that tell you?

Golden continuously thought he was as good of a talent avaluator as you do, and would make abysmal offers and take their commitments. It was a **** show. There were dozens of guys the board hated, and knew wouldn't amount to anything and they didn't.

If he's not juxtaposed with Manny's dumpster fire, no ones considering him a good evaluator, just like no one was at the end of Golden's tenure.

Last edited:
Advertisement
In our low-light event, It’s The Battle of the Corches!!!

In the Red Cornah, we have Fat Al
In The Blue Cornah, we have Lispy Diaz

Take of the tape-
Golden: (2011-2015)
Diaz: (2016-2021)*
*For Diaz, I’ll only consider Def Players recruited from 2016-18, & the entire classes of 2019-21.

Total Recruits-
Golden: 125 players
Diaz: 89 players

Players’ drafted-
Golden: 23
-Dorsett (1st Round)
-Perryman (2nd round)

-Chickillo (6th round)
-Johnson (3rd round)
-Bush (4th round)
-Flowers (1st round)
-Jenkins (4th round)
-AQM (6th round)
-Coley (7th round)
-Burns (1st round)
-Sandland (7th round)*
-Elder (5th round)
-Thomas (3rd round)
-Kaaya (6th round)
-Berrios (6th round)
-Herndon (4th round)
-Njoku (1st round)
-Walton (4th round)
-Johnson (6th round)
-Norton Jr. (7th round)
-M. Jackson (5th round)
-Redwine (4th round)
-McIntosh (5th round)
*Sandland did transfer, but was signed & enrolled at Miami

Diaz: 8
-J. Jackson (5th round)
-Quarterman (4th round)
-Osborn (5th round)
-Garvin (7th round)
-Phillips (1st round)
-Rousseau (1st round)

-Rochè (6th round)
-Ford (7th round)

UDFA’s recruited that played on an active NFL roster at least 3 yrs:
Golden: 10
-Carter
-Edwards*
-Pierre
-Armbrister
-Waters
-Gunter
-Grace
-KC McDermott
-Harris
-Cager*
*Players did transfer prior to NFL, but were enrolled at Miami

Diaz: TBD (Have to wait on Silvera, DJ Johnson, & the Classes of 2018-‘21 to finish their collegiate careers)

So far the NFL recruit-talent hit rate is:
Golden: 26%
Diaz: 9%

This backs up the lack of combine invites for the past two seasons compared to 2017-18, b/c those invites were Golden recruits. Yes, he had a 74% miss rate in regards to NFL talent (although, some of those guys were key contributors), but there’s a reason y our defense went str8 to **** once it was filled strictly w/ Diaz’s players. It’s also the reason y he’s the only coach in over 50 yrs not to win 9 games at least once during his tenure.

Diaz has, thus far, a 91% miss rate on players he recruited either as a DC or HC. That’s almost unimaginable! That’s truly G5, FCS level recruiting…so there should be no ?’s as to y we lost to FIU, LA Tech, MTSU, while struggling w/ CMU & So Miss.

Again, the NFL or Combines are not fool proof in relations to results, but it gives a strong indicator. Now I need a shower, b/c this just made me feel dirty. WTF happened to this program?!! Smh.

Last edited:
So since Golden pretty much only signed or recruited lower level kids, he gets credit for talent evaluation because a few hit? The lack of blue chip players on that list some how solidifies solid evaluation to you?

A lot of Golden's retarded takes were pretty early... what does that tell you?

Golden continuously thought he was as good of a talent avaluator as you do, and would make abysmal offers and take their commitments. It was a **** show. There were dozens of guys the board hated, and knew wouldn't amount to anything and they didn't.

If he's not juxtaposed with Manny's dumpster fire, no ones considering him a good evaluator, just like no one was at the end of Golden's tenure.
Bruh look at Rell's post just above this for a breakdown. Diaz got a **** ton of blue chippers and almost none panned out. Golden got very few blue chippers but a lot of them did well. Diaz did not have to recruit with a 3-year death penalty crowd. Golden had to sign lower ranked players as he could not recruit. But of the lower ranked kids a lot panned out. A higher % than normal.

Advertisement
Bruh look at Rell's post just above this for a breakdown. Diaz got a **** ton of blue chippers and almost none panned out. Golden got very few blue chippers but a lot of them did well. Diaz did not have to recruit with a 3-year death penalty crowd. Golden had to sign lower ranked players as he could not recruit. But of the lower ranked kids a lot panned out. A higher % than normal.

Was Golden a better evaluator than Diaz? **** yeah. Diaz is probably one of the worst to ever lace em up.

In our low-light event, It’s The Battle of the Corches!!!

In the Red Cornah, we have Fat Al
In The Blue Cornah, we have Lispy Diaz

Take of the tape-
Golden: (2011-2015)
Diaz: (2016-2021)*
*For Diaz, I’ll only consider Def Players recruited from 2016-18, & the entire classes of 2019-21.

Total Recruits-
Golden: 125 players
Diaz: 89 players

Players’ drafted-
Golden: 23
-Dorsett (1st Round)
-Perryman (2nd round)

-Chickillo (6th round)
-Johnson (3rd round)
-Bush (4th round)
-Flowers (1st round)
-Jenkins (4th round)
-AQM (6th round)
-Coley (7th round)
-Burns (1st round)
-Sandland (7th round)*
-Elder (5th round)
-Thomas (3rd round)
-Kaaya (6th round)
-Berrios (6th round)
-Herndon (4th round)
-Njoku (1st round)
-Walton (4th round)
-Johnson (6th round)
-Norton Jr. (7th round)
-Jackson (5th round)
-Redwine (4th round)
-McIntosh (5th round)
*Sandland did transfer, but was signed & enrolled at Miami

Diaz: 8
-Jackson (5th round)
-Quarterman (4th round)
-Osborn (5th round)
-Garvin (7th round)
-Phillips (1st round)
-Rousseau (1st round)

-Rochè (6th round)
-Ford (7th round)

UDFA’s recruited that played on an active NFL roster at least 3 yrs:
Golden: 10
-Carter
-Edwards*
-Pierre
-Armbrister
-Waters
-Gunter
-Grace
-KC McDermott
-Harris
-Cager*
*Players did transfer prior to NFL, but were enrolled at Miami

Diaz: TBD (Have to wait on Silvera, DJ Johnson, & the Classes of 2018-‘21 to finish their collegiate careers)

So far the NFL recruit-talent hit rate is:
Golden: 26%
Diaz: 9%

This backs up the lack of combine invites for the past two seasons compared to 2017-18, b/c those invites were Golden recruits. Yes, he had a 74% miss rate in regards to NFL talent (although, some of those guys were key contributors), but there’s a reason y our defense went str8 to **** once it was filled strictly w/ Diaz’s players. It’s also the reason y he’s the only coach in over 50 yrs not to win 9 games at least once during his tenure.

Diaz has, thus far, a 91% miss rate on players he recruited either as a DC or HC. That’s almost unimaginable! That’s truly G5, FCS level recruiting…so there should be no ?’s as to y we lost to FIU, LA Tech, MTSU, while struggling w/ CMU & So Miss.

Again, the NFL or Combines are not fool proof in relations to results, but it gives a strong indicator. Now I need a shower, b/c this just made me feel dirty. WTF happened to this program?!! Smh.
thank you

Golden had so many misevaluations, its crazy to see all the short memories praising his evaluations just because Manny was horrendous.

His trench evals on both sides of the ball were devastatingly bad.

Darius Smith
Kevin Grooms
Ricardo Wiilliams
Jalen Grimble
Antonio Kinard
Thomas Finnie
Juniior Alexis
Hunter Wells
Thurston Armbrister
Jelani Hamilton
Raphael Kirby
Dwayne Hoilett
Robert Lockhart
Earl Moore
Corey King
Jacoby Briscoe
Preston Dewey
Gray Crow
D'Mauri Jones
Jawand Blue
Jontavious Carter
Taylor Gadbois
Vernon Davis
Danny Dillard
Larry Hope
Nate Dortch
Gaby Terry
Jake O'Donnell
Dequan Ivery
Kevin Olsen
Beau Sandland
Standish Dobard
Ufomba Kumalu
Alex Gall
Hunter Knighton
Ray Lewis III
Rykeem Lockley
Kiy Hester
Darrion Owens
Mike Smith
Calvin Heurtelou
Michael Wyche
Ryan Mayes
Trayone Gray
Juwon Young
Marques Gayot
Terry McCray
Joe Brown
Darrel Langham
Bar Milo
Jerome Washington
Jahir Jones
Charles Perry
Jamie Gordinier
Brendan Loftus
Hayden Mahoney
Ryan Fines
Tyler Gauthier
Robert Knowlees
Evan Shirreffs
James King
Terrance Henley
Golden was an average to below average evaluator. Courtel Jenkins was a good find. Braxton Berrios is a good example of Golden listening to his assistants’ scouting. David Njoku and Chris Herndon were both great finds. Recruiting Norton as a DT instead of a OG was smart.

Ryan Mayes and the Dillard DB over Quincy Wilson was a dumbass move no matter what folks think of his dad. Could have easily had two NFL DBs in Quincy and Chris Lemmons with access to the best 7on7 team at the time.

The interview with Mayes’ coach post commitment was super telling looking back. The coach telling reporters wait and let him develop instead of raving about the player spoke volumes. Brendan Loftus was another one who had a lukewarm HS coach interview post commitment.

Now, I need to add my .02. Juwon King, Charles Perry, Tyler Gauthier, Darrell Langham, Marques Gayot, Calvin Heurtelou, Trayone Gray, Mike Smith, Kiy Hester, Darrion Owens (IMO still liked him as a prospect better than Shaq, but he also created an Oakleaf/Jax pipeline), Rykeem Lockley, Standish Dobard, Kevin Olsen, Beau Sandland, Jelani Hamilton, Raphael Kirby, Thurston Armbrister, Beau Sandland, Ufomba Kumalu, and Taylor Gadbois are all more justifiable offers than the others on your list.

Let Gadbois tell his story and he will speak about all the executives and scouts who loved him before constantly getting in trouble.

Side bar, Ray Lewis III played more basketball than football at UM.

Glad Golden is gone, and Joe Brown had some of the worst highlights I have ever seen in my life. Legit stopped HS highlights as much after that take.

Last edited:
it is crazy that Ufomba Kumalu spent more time in the NFL than Gerald Willis. He even has a ring for his time with the Patriots. Willis, McIntosh, Garvin, Kendrick Norton, and Joe Jackson could have all been more productive pros or drafted higher with a stronger program.

Advertisement
Back