Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

Not sure there’s an easier division to have to run through in 2021 than the ACC Coastal.

Yeah if you’re just talking about winning the ACC coastal. That should already have happened several times. And we’d still be having the same argument today. Nobody will long-term be satisfied with squeaking out the coastal every once in a while. That’s the first step, but if your vision is that limited then we’re not on the same page

Advertisement
I would say the odds or probability of him coming here at way higher than zero.

Never underestimate the pull of someone's alma mater. A school he happened to have briefly been employed at as well.

If the school presents a plan on being relevant and competitive in todays college football landscape, I find it hard to believe he'd say no.

I don't believe it'll come down to money. The pull of saving us will be too large IMO

Just more emotional groupthink delusional balderdash.

Advertisement
Yeah if you’re just talking about winning the ACC coastal. That should already have happened several times. And we’d still be having the same argument today. Nobody will long-term be satisfied with squeaking out the coastal every once in a while. That’s the first step, but if your vision is that limited then we’re not on the same page
The discussion was about the path to a championship. Which is thru the coastal. Smh

You should not looking at history - let's look at current day. Tell me the current landscape in the current Pac10. Who is Oregon competing with NOW?
Brotha man, the ACC is just as much a joke. Its embarassing that we will go yet another year without winning it and this was the year to do it.

The Pac10 is one big USC hire away from swinging back there way. USC is a sleeping giant just like UM is. They just need the right HC..Just like we do. Mario better think long and hard before assuming that he will just run through the Pac10 for next decade.

Advertisement
Bama. This is from somebody close to him. Even he’s torn , he says its really bad timing right now , that’s why he’s not sure. Miami would really have to show him they’re taking this serious to make him leave what he’s building.
Which he would build up if he stays and by that time (say 4 years when Saban is ready to call it) Mario swoops in and Miami loses out again all because Blake ****ed him 3 years ago for Manny.

Domino, Mother Fokker.

So this needs to happen now. All out on whatever he wants.

His oc was in er before Stanford and didn’t coach against cal and he has had injuries issues
Excuses. Have our coaching staff was out against UNC last year and we missed 9 starters against UVA.

This excuse train is a funny ride../

If Mario was coaching Miami those excuses would not fly so I’m not sure why they are ok to excuse losses at OR.

Which he would build up if he stays and by that time (say 4 years when Saban is ready to call it) Mario swoops in and Miami loses out again all because Blake ****ed him 3 years ago for Manny.

Domino, Mother Fokker.

So this needs to happen now. All out on whatever he wants.
You don’t get it. It’s not up to us. It’s up to him. And the odds are, there is nothing that would make him even seriously consider leaving Oregon for Miami, barring a very unusual set of circumstances.

Advertisement
Just more emotional groupthink delusional balderdash.

Ok bud. Saying the odds of someone returning to coach at their alma mater is zero percent is foolish.

Not to mention he already was employed as a coach here.

You have people like Poopscoop who is friends with him telling you the deal from the horses mouth but I guess that's emotional groupthink to you lol

Advertisement
D and myself always compare him to Butch. He’ll build a good roster and will win , but will leave you scratching your head one or two times a year. I actually posted that word for word right before Stanford lol. So yes it is promising , he wins conference tiles , stays ranked , recruits like a beast and knows how to build a roster. We’d be lucky to have him. View attachment 158375
And truth be told you don’t need to be undefeated to make the playoffs with the right roster, perception and preseason ranking.

You don’t get it. It’s not up to us. It’s up to him. And the odds are, there is nothing that would make him even seriously consider leaving Oregon for Miami, barring a very unusual set of circumstances.
Now I get it and I completely understand your point and agree with it.

What I am saying is that you make it so **** enticing that even if it’s a no, they went all in and use that plan then to move to the next best qualified person in the list.

Ok bud. Saying the odds of someone returning to coach at their alma mater is zero percent is foolish.

Not to mention he already was employed as a coach here.

You have people like Poopscoop who is friends with him telling you the deal from the horses mouth but I guess that's emotional groupthink to you lol

First of all, I’m not your bud.

Secondly, find the post where I said his chances of coming here are equal to zero.

Finally, I didn’t see any posts were any of these guys that actually know him say that there’s even a decent chance of him coming here.

Being interested, which is natural because it’s your alma mater, or listening, is not the same as making the decision to come because it’s best for your career.

But you go on and keep on with your delusion you’ll be crying when he doesn’t come, saying that we didn’t offer enough or whatever nonsense comes into your head.

IF we got him, he'd at least fix our offensive line; something that has been a weakness on our part for the better part of 20 years.

We could do far worse. There is no way the school is going to tolerate Freeze or Kiffin.

We'll see. I think it's to the point now it's obvious Diaz doesn't survive to next season. Blake James needs to become 'chief fundraiser' or something like that, and get someone that understands how to run an athletics program.

Advertisement
Back