Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

Advertisement
You need an antidote, you are totally infected with the groupthink delusion that’s going on in this thread.

The best thing you can say about Mario to Miami, is that it’s a very low probability chance, and an unlikely series of events needs to occur before it even becomes close to a probable concept.
I already said I would take that 9%. You are the one that keeps arguing your point. LOL.

Outside of Saban and Dabo, there is no sure shot candidate out there. So we can nitpick every single potential candidate to death if we really want to.

He's not perfect, but I'd take Mario in a heartbeat. The guy can recruit his *** off, he's actually played the game before so he understands things from a player's perspective, he knows Miami well so there would be no issue with him adapting to the culture, he's apprenticed under Saban, he's got P5 head coaching experience, and he builds strong, physical teams.

Hire. This. Man. Now.

I'd go after his wife hard, because no S. Florida woman I've ever known would love it out in Oregon.

Yeah I dont know about that one. Nick Saban and Bama a decade later seem to be getting along just fine using that posters analogy. Bama was not a hot destination before he got there. I couldnt even tell you who there HCs were after Gene Stallings.

Your groupthink delusion is so bad that you’re comparing the situation in Alabama to the situation in Miami. That tells me everything I need to know.

The more I think about it, the more Mario makes sense. If he can't get it done here then just fold the program. Hire a legit AD and throw a 10 year contract at Mario, ala Fisher at A&M. He won't turn that down. But as a fan base, please, give this guy 4 years to turn this around. The stench at Hecht is repugnant and it will take a complete 4 year overhall to fix it. He needs a new set of trenches and that doesn't get done in 1 or 2 years.

Advertisement
Disagree with that. Who does Oregon need to compete with in the pac10?

Miami, otoh, still has to unseat the top dog - clemson.
Meh. See this is where things get smoky...Oregon in the 100+ years of college football, from my knowledge, has never won a national title. Or havent won one in the modern era..We have 5, had 2 stolen from us and have played for another 5. I think we have a better shot than they do.

You think Miami would survive an Urban tenure? Imagine Urban...in South Beach? It’s like giving a recovering crack addict a pipe and some pure... He’d lose his god**** mind in SFLA.
The last sentence lmao. Very true haha

Do you know what happens when you marry that girl. You end up getting divorced, and it’s going to be a nasty divorce.

I’m not saying that to put down the University of Miami, I bleed orange and green, but I think that might be his thought process if he follows your line of thinking.

Again, extricate yourself from the jaws of groupthink delusion. Think of this rationally.

It’s hard to argue based on his resume AND his ties to Miami, Mario would make a lot of sense.

However, for what we’ve gone through, and the supposed “rethinking” of the athletic and football programs, I really hope we vet all possible candidates, and not just blindly go after MC at all costs

Advertisement
This thread is becoming a perfect example of groupthink delusion.

Right now, the odds are close to zero that Mario even comes, or even considers us seriously.

It would take a low probability chain of events for this to become even a viable option for him, from a professional standpoint.

And if Oregon really wants to keep him, they will. They will amend his contract to make it financially irresponsible for him to leave the school. This is something no one has mentioned here.

I would say the odds or probability of him coming here at way higher than zero.

Never underestimate the pull of someone's alma mater. A school he happened to have briefly been employed at as well.

If the school presents a plan on being relevant and competitive in todays college football landscape, I find it hard to believe he'd say no.

I don't believe it'll come down to money. The pull of saving us will be too large IMO

Advertisement
You need an antidote, you are totally infected with the groupthink delusion that’s going on in this thread.

The best thing you can say about Mario to Miami, is that it’s a very low probability chance, and an unlikely series of events needs to occur before it even becomes close to a probable concept.

Its been fun, but we will see how this plays out in the next few months. Going back and forth when Manny isnt even fired yet is pointless. Cheers.

Advertisement
Did I say he wouldn’t listen? At the very least he will, out of respect for his alma mater. And then he’ll make a logical decision based on what’s best for his career. If you think you’ll make a totally illogical decision based on emotion, then so be it.
Nothing I listed was an "emotion". Maybe loyalty, but that really could go to either school when applying it to Mario at this point.

Attachments

• slap-forehead-guppy.gif
    slap-forehead-guppy.gif
    146.3 KB · Views: 0
Meh. See this is where things get smoky...Oregon in the 100+ years of college football, from my knowledge, has never won a national title. Or havent won one in the modern era..We have 5, had 2 stolen from us and have played for another 5. I think we have a better shot than they do.

You should not looking at history - let's look at current day. Tell me the current landscape in the current Pac10. Who is Oregon competing with NOW?

But this isn't a decision for Mario bereft of emotion, where he can view this strictly in a rational manner. Emotion is a part of the equation. It's Miami. It's not like he's choosing between two schools that he has no emotional connection to whatsoever.

Oregon is the girl with a good job, good family, and some family money.

Miami is that girl that's a little off, the family is kinda crazy, and she has no means whatsoever. But there's just something about her.
more like, when she's red hot, she's the girl that will throw you down on the bed and proceed to bruise your hips and other body parts and then, 10 minutes later, ask if you are ready for more

Advertisement
Back