Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

That fact kind of bolsters my argument.

Taggart’s career arc is not something to be emulated, unless it’s just all about a cash grab for the coach.

Mario could look at this very fact, and say “Jesus, I don’t want to be the next Taggart.”
The allure for Miami besides home would be ego. Momma is calling. After hiring the 5 dwarfs, maybe his ego is large enough to say I can fix it. Make him an offer he that will make him seriously consider. If he says no, then ***** him and move on. The time is now. Don't do want we did with Mark. Put feelers out multiple times and then finally offer him and he accepted after being canned after a long run at Georgia.

Advertisement
I agree, that’s why I was clear on the timing of when I was told. But, I would also add that living in OR has become substantially less enjoyable and living in Florida (and the freedom that come with it) has become substantially more coveted in the COVID era
Not to mention state income taxes.

D$ didn't say we already have boosters angling for Miami with Blake James most likely not returning? So if we already have our coaching target and no AD of the future in the place is that not trying to find a HC before an AD?

You’re not understanding what D money was saying.

His oc was in er before Stanford and didn’t coach against cal and he has had injuries issues
I was wondering if anyone would give him that. Everyone just assumes if I say it then it's because we're friends so I'm giving him an out he shouldn't have... On top of that starting left tackle and center were out all week with protocol.

Not to mention how bad the current situation is in Portland the only real city there. It is a warzone
I think that it will take $6-8M to get him here. And if offered, I think he takes it, as long as that HC salary is accompanied by an additional $10M to build an all-star staff, which I would demand. You see, Mario is in a great spot, and Miami is desperate. Mario could ask for a one night stand with Blake's Taiwanese male lover and UM would have to comply.

Advertisement
This is a heart vs mind situation. He knows he stacked he could build a roster here but it’ll take a ton of work. He’s close at Oregon but no one has ever won there. Maybe it’s not plausible to expect eventually he’d break through. I believe in my gut it’ll take Miami not proving a real commitment for him to stay in Oregon. Being a Jimmy Johnson guy, I believe this place holds high regard for him. Enough to overlook some warts on the team but no administration wise.
No they haven't won it all but they've come **** close. Mario has an ego just like the rest of them and I'm quite sure he's confident he can get it done there. I don't think any mythical idea that there's some glass ceiling that it's impossible Oregon can ever win a national championship is going to drive him out of town. **** they were just a few plays away in 2010. That's 8 years more recent than we've sniffed it.

I think that it will take $6-8M to get him here. And if offered, I think he takes it, as long as that HC salary is accompanied by an additional $10M to build an all-star staff, which I would demand. You see, Mario is in a great spot, and Miami is desperate. Mario could ask for a one night stand with Blake's Taiwanese male lover and UM would have to comply.
Base salary isn't an issue I don't think. I think we can come up with a number he'll like as far as that goes. The bigger questions are control and dedication and changes within the department. That's where the sticking points would be.

This thread is becoming a perfect example of groupthink delusion.

Right now, the odds are close to zero that Mario even comes, or even considers us seriously.

It would take a low probability chain of events for this to become even a viable option for him, from a professional standpoint.

And if Oregon really wants to keep him, they will. They will amend his contract to make it financially irresponsible for him to leave the school. This is something no one has mentioned here.
So just curious, how was Taggert able to get out of Oregon if its so difficult and the contract is so iron clad? Buddy jetted out of there after one season.

Advertisement
The allure for Miami besides home would be ego. Momma is calling. Make him an offer he that will make him seriously consider. If he says no, then ***** him and move on. The time is now. Don't do want we did with Mark. Put feelers out multiple times and then finally offer him and he accepted after being canned after a long run at Georgia.

That allure would be sufficient if he made a decision based purely on emotion. I’m not saying there isn’t an allure, but is he going to make a logical career affecting decision based on that?

I don’t think the money is ever going to be the issue with him. The money I think could be come up with. There are other factors, the major one being, a personal but logical choice: Would it be the right move for him?

That’s how I think he would think it through.

I was about to take his interest in the Bama job as a red flag, but you know what? It's a blessing. Slap a $20M buyout clause on our born and raised Cuban Nick Saban and if he succeeds here and goes to Bama we're swimming in cash.

Been 20 god **** years since we've had a coach worth a **** of being poached.
He wouldn't leave here for anything short of the ideal NFL job. Bama was only his other choice because of the doubt we'd ever show a real commitment to winning again. This is the job he leaves all others for... It's just a matter of proving to him were dead serious about winning BIG. No more play play. Any demand he has would have to be met and we would have to accept leverage isn't on our side.

He can still send one of his handlers to give us the word. **** send his brother Luis to give us the message. And if hes knocking at the door of a national title, we are toast anyway. I dont think a head coach has ever left a team for another one in any sport..college, pro or even womens sport..after winning or at least playing for a national title. So I guess we are all banking on Mario slipping up one more time I guess. (shrugs)
Schnellenberger left for the USFL, which was the biggest error of his career.

This is a heart vs mind situation. He knows he stacked he could build a roster here but it’ll take a ton of work. He’s close at Oregon but no one has ever won there. Maybe it’s not plausible to expect eventually he’d break through. I believe in my gut it’ll take Miami not proving a real commitment for him to stay in Oregon. Being a Jimmy Johnson guy, I believe this place holds high regard for him. Enough to overlook some warts on the team but no administration wise.
He learned more from Butch in regards to recruiting and development...he's still close to him as well...

Advertisement
Advertisement
You’re not understanding what I’m saying.
Ok..help me understand this sentence..

***And if Oregon really wants to keep him, they will. They will amend his contract to make it financially irresponsible for him to leave the school. This is something no one has mentioned here.***

That doesn’t mean a thing when it comes to whether he would take this job or not. Lots of people have homes and places where they don’t work, it doesn’t mean they’re itching to take a job where one of their homes is located.

Like I’ve been trying to say in this thread before people go head over heels thinking we’re going to get Mario, it would take a number of unlikely things to happen for him to even consider this job, in my opinion.
Is this inside knowledge, or just how you feel anot it?

If Mario is the coach, the best thing for this program is for OR to go on a run similar to what Meyer did at Utah and have it leak before OR bowl game — or, better yet, before OR playoff game.

Advertisement
Back