Interesting stat on Miami/Mario

All i can say is I watched him take Oregon into Ohio st and absolutely take it to them...not many teams go into OSU and do that...

He took his team on the road in front of 100k and had them absolutely PREPARED!!

Whens the last time we did that?
And he was missing possibly his 2 best defensive players, and possibly the #1 overall pick in this year's draft.
You can't be a terrible gameday coach and do that. He may have some heads scratchers here or there. But he's not a "terrible" gameday coach like many people like to say.

Advertisement
And he was missing possibly his 2 best defensive players, and possibly the #1 overall pick in this year's draft.
You can't be a terrible gameday coach and do that. He may have some heads scratchers here or there. But he's not a "terrible" gameday coach like many people like to say.

He lost to Cal and Washington St last year and has been in three dog fights this year against inferior teams.

It’s not just here and there

Being the kind of Miami guy you’re talking about will have nothing to do with the next coach’s success.

We need someone that first of all that can actually coach football, and just as importantly we need someone that can recruit this specific market, especially when going up against money bagged SEC kkklan recruiters.

The rest of it is just window dressing. None of our national championship winning coaches were “Miami guys“. That’s not needed. What’s needed or success factors in the areas that lead you to success.
**** a Miami guy, I don’t need someone who knows where to get rhe best croquetas. I need someone who can coach and won’t have us losing to **** teams. The issue w Mario for me is that he’s gonna be too expensive to lose Virginia every other yesr

He’s absolutely not a good gsme day coach, watch their games. He’s coordinator reliant but he can build a tesm and can bring toughness. He won’t be a national title coach

Advertisement
that roster is deeeep but they have a big hole at QB and if you don't have a QB well we all know how that goes. If, and its a big if, he really does want to coach at Miami at some point, he will never have more leverage than he does right now.
Spencer Rattler

Advertisement
There are definitely people that would take Mario in a heartbeat, I just question whether he even wants the job.

Being totally objective, I have to question the attractiveness of this job versus remaining at Oregon, with all the financial support and logistical support you could ever want.

Ask yourself, where does Mario have the greatest shot for success, based on fundamental structural, logistical, and general program support.

I know you already know this, but if people haven’t realized it, success is, in most cases, directly correlated to funding. Bottom line. All things being equal… Of course coaching ability is paramount, but removing that as a factor, funding is the bottom line. Equal coaches, one with support, one without support, the one with support will consistently win more.

The only way we have a shot at Mario is if it becomes toxic for him in Oregon.

That’s the only way this job becomes even slightly more attractive.
He wants the job under his conditions

@DMoney Sinister Cane wanted to let you know he apologies and he was only joking around, he said he's missing out on all the action and he's sorry. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement
I don't think Mario is special, he may be above average, but like him there's 30 others. The little I saw from Oregon this year they didn't look tough, Cal was pushing them left and right, they're undiciplined (#114 in the country in Penalties) and their QBs look underwhelming every year.
I would make Nappier, Fickell, Freeze and Matt Campbell say no to me before I went the Mario route, would (try to, at least) interview Herman, Vernables, Aranda and Clawson too, but Mario is on the same boat as those for me.
But if he's the best we can do, whatever, roll the dice. Maybe he'll get better, get good assistants, hit on a QB and with a talented roster we can flourish.

I do have a HUGE problem with his price tag, if he's coming in making 6M, on top of a 9.5/6.5M buyout (heard both numbers already) that's a problem, Coach O was making that AFTER winning a title at LSU. 6M is problematic in terms of a buyout, it guarantees he'll see every year, but the last, of his contract no matter if he's MD level bad.

I'd be surprised if he was back.
So a few boosters will pick the HC, not the new AD?

Advertisement
Will we put any pressure on Mario to be more aggressive on offense?

He has made some corching mistakes, but a high powered offense would make Mario formidable against any team with less talent. Wasting a guy like Herbert is my only concern with him.

With the way he recruits, playing conservative just gives bum teams a chance hang and build confidence. You kill your margin for error. Make a few mistakes, and you lose games you shouldn’t Don’t play with them. Blow them bytches out.
Waste Herbert?

Herbert averaged 3.330 yards, and 30 TDS each of his two years Mario was the HC. Should he have posted Tua or Mac Jones numbers? Give him 1st round picks at OL, RB, WR, and TE and he might of.

SMH

Advertisement
Back