Interesting notes on Clemson that could help us in the game.

How would you defend them? We’re gonna have to score points too.
Personally I been blessed with playing for some amazing defensive minds. I picked up a trick or two over the years. You gotta iso your corners and cheat the safety into the box to help against the run. Only one versatile enough for that right now is bubba. But the striker nonsense ain't getting no play. Basic 3-4 if it was my call but 4-3 will work with proper spacing. Just make **** sure you chip on each and every person off the snap. Key to them is slowing down route development so you can get pressure home easier. If you can successfully slow down the routes which will make there's backs and underneath routes become primaries. That's why you play man and keep that safety in the box. You can't rely solely on the blitz. Our lines supposed to be so dominant well that's the chance to prove it. Backers gotta play underneath for the most part. Don't get me wrong, it sure the **** ain't no easy task. But we can definitely beat them. Turnovers gonna make all the difference in that game.

Advertisement
Personally I been blessed with playing for some amazing defensive minds. I picked up a trick or two over the years. You gotta iso your corners and cheat the safety into the box to help against the run. Only one versatile enough for that right now is bubba. But the striker nonsense ain't getting no play. Basic 3-4 if it was my call but 4-3 will work with proper spacing. Just make **** sure you chip on each and every person off the snap. Key to them is slowing down route development so you can get pressure home easier. If you can successfully slow down the routes which will make there's backs and underneath routes become primaries. That's why you play man and keep that safety in the box. You can't rely solely on the blitz. Our lines supposed to be so dominant well that's the chance to prove it. Backers gotta play underneath for the most part. Don't get me wrong, it sure the **** ain't no easy task. But we can definitely beat them. Turnovers gonna make all the difference in that game.
Appreciate it as always. I hope the game is at least in the middle of the season so our offense has a fighting chance to learn the system and gel. More than anything, this season is going to be wildly unpredictable between players sitting out, games moving, players testing positive for covid, no fans, etc. It’s going to take a **** of a leader to keep their team focused and flexible at the same time.

The key to stopping good QBs, is not only getting pressure with your down linemen, its getting pressure with the DTs. Make them have to step back and allow the ends to get home. U can pressure with the ends but if they can step up in the pocket its useless. That's gonna be the key in addition to stopping the run.

The question isn't whether we can beat them, it's whether we can beat them twice, because unless ND can clean their plate, we'll be facing Clemson twice.
We probably have a better chance beating them in December.

Advertisement
Miami's big keys imo are no turnovers that means special teams and offense and defense will need a key turnover in the game . To me Miami's linebackers have to play amazing for us to have a chance between stopping etienne and following there assignment and Lawrence's eyes.

Advertisement
Something that makes me feel confident is that if we get to the 35 yard line it is almost an automatic 3.

Clemson's kicking game is still suspect to me so we may have a crucial edge there in a close game.

Best way to beat Clemson is to keep blondie and his sidekick Ettiene sitting on the pine( or metal)

We need some looong sustained drives that eat the clock and then score TD’s...FG aren’t gonna beat this team..jmo

We can’t have a bunch of three and outs cause if you give this team enough chances eventually they will score and score a lot.

Advertisement
Something that makes me feel confident is that if we get to the 35 yard line it is almost an automatic 3.

Clemson's kicking game is still suspect to me so we may have a crucial edge there in a close game.
Field goals aren’t beating Clemson. Defensive stops will. But point taken.

Field goals aren’t beating Clemson. Defensive stops will. But point taken.
My argument was not that FGs alone beat Clemson.
The point is in a close game having confidence in a kicker gives me confidence in winning the game late.

Last edited:

Main issue with that approach is this game isn't about field goals. If we settle for 3 more than once we're gonna get gunsmoked. For those on here that like ****ting on kids at other schools tai has just decided to transfer because clemson this week informed him dj is going to be the direction they force the program. Already has some good options involved.

Advertisement
Main issue with that approach is this game isn't about field goals. If we settle for 3 more than once we're gonna get gunsmoked. For those on here that like ****ting on kids at other schools tai has just decided to transfer because clemson this week informed him dj is going to be the direction they force the program. Already has some good options involved.
You missed the point.

Best way to beat Clemson is to keep blondie and his sidekick Ettiene sitting on the pine( or metal)

We need some looong sustained drives that eat the clock and then score TD’s...FG aren’t gonna beat this team..jmo

We can’t have a bunch of three and outs cause if you give this team enough chances eventually they will score and score a lot.
Time of possession would be great but our game plan will be more tailored to quick strike. Not sure we'll be able to run much at all on them. Love to be wrong about it though. T.o.p. would be wonderful

I have all the confidence in the world with King as our QB. The only position on offense that really needs to step up is Wide Receiver. We don't need Harley's stone hands and Pope's stumbling and fumbling. Wiggins gives me hope since he can burn any one covering him. Let's beat these **** boys!!

You missed the point.
No I don't think I did. Your point if imagine would be if we can keep it close you feel good knowing we have that consistent option. That what you mean? Close game? My point is were gonna have to score a good amount of points most likely because they probably will as well. Its gonna be a high scoring game. That means we can't settle when we get deep in their territory. We gotta force the issue whenever possible because they certainly will against us... That's my point & I think it directly addresses urz as well.

Advertisement
Back