Interesting notes on Clemson that could help us in the game.

No I don't think I did. Your point if imagine would be if we can keep it close you feel good knowing we have that consistent option. That what you mean? Close game? My point is were gonna have to score a good amount of points most likely because they probably will as well. Its gonna be a high scoring game. That means we can't settle when we get deep in their territory. We gotta force the issue whenever possible because they certainly will against us... That's my point & I think it directly addresses urz as well.
You mised the post where I alluded to late in a close game it gives me confidence to have a kicker who is basically automatic.

I never said anything about settling for FGs when they are scoring TDs.

Advertisement
Main issue with that approach is this game isn't about field goals. If we settle for 3 more than once we're gonna get gunsmoked. For those on here that like ****ting on kids at other schools tai has just decided to transfer because clemson this week informed him dj is going to be the direction they force the program. Already has some good options involved.
Any chance we pursue? I remember you saying he was a target early on but then Jonathan needed to get his Delta status flying to Oregon or whatever.

tenor (20).gif

Good intel OP! #LetsGetEm!!!

Advertisement
Based on what we've seen the last thing Lash is gonna do is slow things down and try to prolong drives to shorten the game imo.

That guy is gonna try to exploit mismatches and attack every time we have the ball.

One thing I can see him doing is if we hit a big play, or we have them reelin' on a drive, foot on the gas go quick. But a way to "slow" the game down would be play is over, hurry to the LOS, that makes the D get lined up quick, no subs, then go with the check with me we saw King do against FSU. Entire O-line would relax, King gets the play, ball is snapped with like 5-8 seconds left on the playclock.

Any chance we pursue? I remember you saying he was a target early on but then Jonathan needed to get his Delta status flying to Oregon or whatever.
Nah. That bridge was thoroughly decimated. Tryin to get him over to illinois if it's up to me in any sort of way. Lol Him and nephew I'd love to see together finally. Just to be clear for the few without the humor concept down, IN NO WAY IS IT UP TO ME WHERE HE GOES. lol

Nah. That bridge was thoroughly decimated. Tryin to get him over to illinois if it's up to me in any sort of way. Lol Him and nephew I'd love to see together finally. Just to be clear for the few without the humor concept down, IN NO WAY IS IT UP TO ME WHERE HE GOES. lol
So you determine where he goes?

Advertisement
Wait a minute. Clemons hasn’t lost an ACC since Obama was President?

Was going to fix the spelling of the school. But eff it. Clemons it is.

One thing I can see him doing is if we hit a big play, or we have them reelin' on a drive, foot on the gas go quick. But a way to "slow" the game down would be play is over, hurry to the LOS, that makes the D get lined up quick, no subs, then go with the check with me we saw King do against FSU. Entire O-line would relax, King gets the play, ball is snapped with like 5-8 seconds left on the playclock.
Would LOVE if we do more of that. Too often teams (even us) rushes to get stuffed on an inside zone

No I don't think I did. Your point if imagine would be if we can keep it close you feel good knowing we have that consistent option. That what you mean? Close game? My point is were gonna have to score a good amount of points most likely because they probably will as well. Its gonna be a high scoring game. That means we can't settle when we get deep in their territory. We gotta force the issue whenever possible because they certainly will against us... That's my point & I think it directly addresses urz as well.
I agree....First one to 40 wins..just hope it's us.

Main issue with that approach is this game isn't about field goals. If we settle for 3 more than once we're gonna get gunsmoked. For those on here that like ****ting on kids at other schools tai has just decided to transfer because clemson this week informed him dj is going to be the direction they force the program. Already has some good options involved.

interesting. DJ goes against the grain a bit of the QBs they've been signing - highly mobile guys that can pass. DJ was a 250 lb QB in HS and is not a speed guy. Is he the real deal?

Advertisement
Based on what we've seen the last thing Lash is gonna do is slow things down and try to prolong drives to shorten the game imo.

That guy is gonna try to exploit mismatches and attack every time we have the ball.

I don't think so either. Gotta go with the way we play the game. Probably stupid to try to switch gears and do something different.

interesting. DJ goes against the grain a bit of the QBs they've been signing - highly mobile guys that can pass. DJ was a 250 lb QB in HS and is not a speed guy. Is he the real deal?
Personally his skill set doesn't impress me in that scheme at all. But maybe they plan on switching things up. The fact he runs in the mid 5s wouldn't scream dual threat to me.

I'm not even worried about this game. We're going to see them again. We need to play well, and be in the game in the 4th quarter. Do I want to win? **** f--k yeah. If we lose a close game will I be too upset? No. Notre Dame isn't going to run the table in this conference. If we want to get into the playoff, we'll need to beat them in December.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back