Interesting note on Jacurri’s visit from 247

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Per David Lake, Jacurri Brown will be meeting with “local elected officials” on his visit.

This is a pretty cool touch. I don’t know who the officials are, but the mayor is a huge Canes fan who follows recruiting. Maybe this is something we see more of going forward.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Maybe its me :rolleyes:... but if Im an 18 year old football recruit, a politician is the LAST person I would want to see on a visit to Miami...
If they are talking about Francis, he absolutely loves Canes football. Bleeds Orange and Green. He is young, energetic, and is probably the best ambassador for the City of Miami than any mayor Miami has had in 50 years. Given what I have read about Jacurri, he will be impressed and this is a great move imo.

Maybe its me :rolleyes:... but if Im an 18 year old football recruit, a politician is the LAST person I would want to see on a visit to Miami...
Same here. (I'd want to be taken to South Beach!) But it depends what his interest is. If he happens to be interested in politics, government, etc.-and likely more kids are now than ever before-it may be a selling point. Also, it may reflect some of the diversity that Miami has to offer in comparison to other places which may be important to some kids.

Advertisement
I’m sorry but that’s a gangsta move.
And when I mean gangsta I literally mean mob level sht. Gonna take an 18 yo to meet the mayor of a major metropolitan city. Idk 🤷🏽‍♂️ If it’s gonna work but it’s definitely different.

“we’re gonna have a sit down with the mayor”

It is definitely something the kid brought up. Manny is bound to have a good amount of political connections. Any one recall James Williams, Jake Garcia or (insert any recruit name here) meeting with an "elected official"? Because I do not. Kid said something, whether it be he flat out said he actually aspires to have a political career or he said something as simple as he wants to be able to help his local community and the staff got the idea of introducing him to a politician.

Advertisement

Not true at all, a south Florida politician can spit better game than a Detroit pimp at the players ball. This is exactly who you want selling Metro Miami's future NIL opportunities to the young man.

Go Canes

Im sure we are not having every kid meet with Politicians, but with Jaccuri isn't he a military kid so maybe he has some other interest outside football

Advertisement
Per David Lake, Jacurri Brown will be meeting with “local elected officials” on his visit.

This is a pretty cool touch. I don’t know who the officials are, but the mayor is a huge Canes fan who follows recruiting. Maybe this is something we see more of going forward.
Hoping they didn't mean 'student body president.'

As @Canesfreak noted, Xavier Suarez is a huge Canes fan and EXTREMELY media savvy and forward looking. You may have read that he reached out to Elon Musk about building a hyper loop in Miami. Think how cool (is that term still used?) that idea is to a high schooler....

Advertisement
Back