Interesting note on grad transfers

Advertisement
I was wondering how Pete's simple post turned into a 5 page thread. I thought someone dropped some info on other potential DB transfers. Should have known it was a broke thread.

The Broke schtick is getting old and ruining the boards. He is reaching DBC status, if he hasn't already. This thread is a perfect example.

Summary - Coaching staff who are close to these kids and evaluate the talent we have in practice on a daily basis, feel the need to bring in a GT for depth purposes to get these guys more acclimated so we don't throw these kids to the wolves. Yet brock, thinks our staff is full of idiots apparently.

My god, I've seen it all. I'm just waiting for the next post to where we're all soft-shouldered.

Too dramatic try harder. I have done nothing but praise the staff. just some bunch of fake a55 fans who are wishy washy on cis. Y'all Bag on me for having an OPINION about anything on this **** site, talk all that sh*t about Mike rumph, players and everything. Y'all a bunch of followers that are incapable of thinking for yourselves. People on here would rather take someone else thoughts and run with that sh*t because they don't know sh*t about the game of football. Be yourself stop trying to be a **** follower all the time. Go back to laughing at the franchise corny a55 jokes. I'm not a follower that can never be me

Haha okay.

I don't need other posters to tell me that having depth in football is a good thing. You run your d1ck sucker acting like injuries in college football don't happen. Sorry you're having your panic attack again. But every single poster on this forum thinks having a GT come in at safety is a good thing. And I don't attack Rumph, I actually think he can coach. I just question his recruiting ability. Sorry I chose to look at things realistically and not have my homer glasses on all the time.

I was wondering how Pete's simple post turned into a 5 page thread. I thought someone dropped some info on other potential DB transfers. Should have known it was a broke thread.

The Broke schtick is getting old and ruining the boards. He is reaching DBC status, if he hasn't already. This thread is a perfect example.

Yeah he's getting there. When you're the forum whipping boy, it's typical to lash out and think everyone else is wrong. Seldom does a person think *they're* the problem.

Advertisement

Yeah he's getting there. When you're the forum whipping boy, it's typical to lash out and think everyone else is wrong. Seldom does a person think *they're* the problem.
I'm good homie, this sh*t don't affect me at the end of the day

Post #98 paints a different picture.

Im me, I'm going to voice an opinion regardless. It is what it is.

You have almost 10,000 post. Find a job or a new hobby or something.

Advertisement
I don't know what the problem is supposed to be. If we have open spots we can:

a) leave them open
b) fill them

Costs us nothing long term. Those same spots open for next year. What am I missing?

Al Golden would have just played freshmen and used the "youth" excuse as to why his defense finished 113th in the nation.

That or he would've brought in a 4th string DB grad transfer from Wake Forest.

Advertisement

You have almost 10,000 post. Find a job or a new hobby or something.

He needs to go get some ***** for the first time in his life.

I got no problem with Brock, I think he's trippin sometimes, but obviously I wasn't here for as long as most of y'all so I don't know what a lot of the past beefs might have been...

With that said, sometimes you gotta just learn to take the L & keep it rolling... Gotta pick your spots/battles, this one isn't the Hill to die on.

Now back to the topic, I'm a huge fan Dee Delaney, we absolutely NEED him this season... You simply cannot teach 6'1 193lbs, long armed rangy Corner, with great playing experience & natural Ballhawk skills.

I also have no issue with adding a Grad transfer at Safety. I'm a big believer in Amari Carter, I think him being an EE & being such a mature intelligent kid gives him an advantage to getting early starter snaps.

But, if the staff thinks we need another Safety that gives us more depth to our young inexperienced Secondary, then I'm with it.

Advertisement
It is very likely that Miami pursues grad transfers at BOTH corner and safety.

Not saying they will actually land two guys, but if everything works the way they want, then it is very much in the picture for them to land two grad guys at DB.

Dee Delaney from The Citadel is visiting this weekend and Miami likes him at CB. No safety names set in stone just yet but remember more names will emerge after spring as some guys decide to move on from their current schools.

Honestly I think we just need to build with the talent we have. Got to get the young guys experience in order to be ready for lsu next year. I guess we should take Dee Delaney but one stop gaps don't help the future like that in regards to building depth

Edit: take Delaney, not sure if another guy is necessary

giphy.gif

It is very likely that Miami pursues grad transfers at BOTH corner and safety.

Not saying they will actually land two guys, but if everything works the way they want, then it is very much in the picture for them to land two grad guys at DB.

Dee Delaney from The Citadel is visiting this weekend and Miami likes him at CB. No safety names set in stone just yet but remember more names will emerge after spring as some guys decide to move on from their current schools.

Pete do you know if they are looking to bring in a grad transfer at RB?

Delaney would be a huge addition for us. He would most likely start from the outside opposite of Dean/Young. It really seems like Bandy will most likely get to start at NCB. That worries me a bit but he'll have to take his lumps.

Pete, any word on the Miss State S/CB grad transfer Cedric Jiles that was rumored to be looking at Miami?

Jiles is apparently extremely injury prone so I would say pass on him, Miami needs a player that last the whole season.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/mississippi-state-veteran-cb-cedric-jiles-announces-plan-transfer

According to a report from Mississippi State beat reporter Logan Lowery, Jiles was granted a sixth year of eligibility after multiple injuries during his time with Mississippi State.

It appears as though he intends to utilize that final season elsewhere after completing his spring semester in Starkville.

Delaney would be a huge addition for us. He would most likely start from the outside opposite of Dean/Young. It really seems like Bandy will most likely get to start at NCB. That worries me a bit but he'll have to take his lumps.

Pete, any word on the Miss State S/CB grad transfer Cedric Jiles that was rumored to be looking at Miami?

Jiles is apparently extremely injury prone so I would say pass on him, Miami needs a player that last the whole season.

https://www.seccountry.com/mississippi-state/mississippi-state-veteran-cb-cedric-jiles-announces-plan-transfer

According to a report from Mississippi State beat reporter Logan Lowery, Jiles was granted a sixth year of eligibility after multiple injuries during his time with Mississippi State.

It appears as though he intends to utilize that final season elsewhere after completing his spring semester in Starkville.

Thanks for saving the thread, Paranos!

Advertisement
Back