Interesting note about the D vs. FSU.

This is reminiscent of threads in our glory years, where fans of teams we destroyed would make similar moral victory arguments. Then posters here would link the posts w/ lulz comments.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yards Per Attempt probably had to do with the fact that they didn't stretch us deep. They took everything they wanted underneath.

Agree, we picked our poison and wanted to make them nickle and dime us down the field. Had we tackled and covered the flats better the results may have been a little different.
We NEVER have the flats covered. A team completes a pass against us in the flats and it' a guaranteed 8 yards.

This is reminescent of threads in our glory years, where fans of teams we destroyed would make similar moral victory arguments. Then posters here would link the posts w/ lulz comments.

This is a 15 year rebuild. Just 13 more recruiting classes and then we back!

15 of 22 active players on Stanford's defense are seniors.

Our seniors? Green. Highsmith. Renfrow. Gaines. Porter. Cornelius. Rodgers. Gilbert. Robinson.

Does anyone doubt that our defense gets better again next year? Trust the process.

Were they seniors last year as well? or the year before that?

Yes but that is only because we're not playing KSU and ND from 2012.

Let's look at the first half:

First series, FSU faced 3 third downs and 2 of the 3 conversions were off runs. If QAM doesn't take a bad angle he sacks Winston.
Second series, on 3 and 8 Winston threw an interception
Third series, FSU faced 1 third down and completed it to O'Leary.
Fourth series, FSU faced 2 third downs and Winston converted twice with his feet.
Fifth series, Winston threw an interception.

First series of the second half, FSU faced 2 third and short and FSU converted by running the ball.

Last edited:
Advertisement
our defense is pathetic still. end thread.

we have been conditioned over the past 4-5 years of ****** defensive play.

First series, FSU faced 3 third downs and 2 of the 3 conversions were off runs. If QAM doesn't take a bad angle he sacks Winston.
Fourth series, FSU faced 2 third downs and Winston converted twice with his feet.

First series of the second half, FSU faced 2 third and short and FSU converted by running the ball.

I don't disagree, and it's why I attributed our failure to stop them on 3d downs in the first half to execution rather than scheme.

But I wouldn't take a lot of solace in our performance, as you can apply this "what if" stuff to virtually all CFB games, particularly when both teams are in the top 25.

We used to mock FSU fans whi conducted these sorts of analyses after we repeatedly beat them. I don't see how it makes the blowout any more palatable.

Fortunately, we get another crack at them if we win out.

We held Prepare Your Jameis to a over yard per attempt less than he averaged in all other games and just one TD.

Miami is the only team to have intercepted him more than once.

I know it wasn't a shining performance. But those surprised me.

and we got blown out....

Advertisement

I don't disagree, and it's why I attributed our failure to stop them on 3d downs in the first half to execution rather than scheme.

But I wouldn't take a lot of solace in our performance, as you can apply this "what if" stuff to virtually all CFB games, particularly when both teams are in the top 25.

We used to mock FSU fans whi conducted these sorts of analyses after we repeatedly beat them. I don't see how it makes the blowout any more palatable.

Fortunately, we get another crack at them if we win out.

Miami got ran on plain and simply. That set the stage. It all starts with the front 4. Miami lacks explosiveness at defensive tackle. Miami has a bunch of role players at defensive end. Miami also lacks explosiveness every down defensive ends. Need to get McCord and QAM in the 250 pound range.

Interesting note about the Defense vs FSU this year: they gave up 41 points (41-14) FSU's offense went 11-15 (73%) on 3rd down conversions and totaled 517 yards of offense.
The TOP was FSU 38:33 / UM 21:27

Another interesting note: In 2010, when FSU destroyed Miami (45-17), Miami's defense went 6-12 on 3rd down conversion defense (50%) and gave up 471 total yards of offense. The T.O.P was FSU 32:04/ UM 27:56

D'nofrio needs to go, simple as that smh

Interesting note about the Defense vs FSU this year: they gave up 41 points (41-14) FSU's offense went 11-15 (73%) on 3rd down conversions and totaled 517 yards of offense.
The TOP was FSU 38:33 / UM 21:27

Another interesting note: In 2010, when FSU destroyed Miami (45-17), Miami's defense went 6-12 on 3rd down conversion defense (50%) and gave up 471 total yards of offense. The T.O.P was FSU 32:04/ UM 27:56

D'nofrio needs to go, simple as that smh

He's absolutely right!

Advertisement
This is reminescent of threads in our glory years, where fans of teams we destroyed would make similar moral victory arguments. Then posters here would link the posts w/ lulz comments.

Go get you some sun....get laid, and report back then.

Yeah. Rok went back into full jizzrag mode like he was prior to the season. He was doing well for awhile, but he must not have been getting enough attention with his normal reasonable posts, so he had to go back into his Reasonable Troll character to feed his need for attention.

Advertisement
We held Prepare Your Jameis to a over yard per attempt less than he averaged in all other games and just one TD.

Miami is the only team to have intercepted him more than once.

I know it wasn't a shining performance. But those surprised me.

and we got blown out....

Yah. That sucked balls.

Nowhere in this thread have I implied or stated that I was happy with any facet of the performance. Moral victories mean ****. But given how easy it looked for them on offense, I found those facts interesting a few days ago. Shocked this thread is still around.

Oh yah, **** FSU.

Yeah. Rok went back into full jizzrag mode like he was prior to the season. He was doing well for awhile, but he must not have been getting enough attention with his normal reasonable posts, so he had to go back into his Reasonable Troll character to feed his need for attention.

Look I'm sorry that I'm the only one who isn't satisfied with getting blown out by FSU. I can't just take it in stride.

Look I'm sorry that I'm the only one who isn't satisfied with getting blown out by FSU. I can't just take it in stride.

Some them are okay with getting blown out by FSU for another 4 years because Randy left this place in such bad shape. That means Duke Johnson will be on his 2nd NFL contract before we can compete with FSU, We should all be happy that we can even compete with WF and BC because they might have more talent.

Advertisement
Back