Interesting from Barry

You paid for the banner.
Dont get it confused! You paid for that banner with your credibility as your now on record around here as the guy who has supported the biggest corch this university has ever had! Lmao I’m glad you all changed the banner because it just made you all look the fools you are with how ole manny corched it up that game! 😂 don’t worry buddy my crews banner along with a hundred others will be flying soon and they won’t have the sweet love message on them like the one you sent to your beloved manny. Lol

You paid for the banner.

Im sure Manny appreciated your very visible support.

Advertisement
I couldn't agree more, sir. I'd rather see them get in these kid's asses on the sideline and bench them. Even if the freshman give up plays, I'd put that on the sophomore for causing the benching. Make them own their mistakes when it's the player's fault. The play calls this year are atrocious on both sides of the ball, though.

Agreed. I dont want manny to fail. I just haven't seen any improvement from last season or any sign of coaching from manny. He should be getting in these kids ***. He keeps talking culture and i dont see him changing it.

Anyone that knows anything about football(this excludes 95% of this phanbase) can see it's not coaching and it's some of the players. For example on the mentioned play the fake punt for a td 10/11 are doing their job and the one that isn't blows the entire assignment. Keep in mind he was told it was coming before it even happened and coached how to defend and he still ****ed up.

This is Defcon 1 territory...

Whenever you see a Coach scrambling in the media like this, it means the sands of the hour glass are getting close to being full... The clock is ticking on Diaz.

Once you pull this lever this early in a coaching tenure it just means this thing is headed for hard crash & burn sooner than later.

I was ****ed reading that justlike everybody else was, but it also reminded me of so many situations I've seen in the past it gave me comfort that change is coming quicker than most of us expect.

If Diaz keeps up this sh*t show he's outta here & it's not gonna take 3-4 years either.

Advertisement
I’m as hard as anyone on the coaches but the ivey bullsh*t play last week is definitely on the player imo

It's funny, these coaches hyped Ivey as the next great CB lol When you whiff on CB recruiting year after year this what you get. We have no one replace Ivey other than true freshman. We have no one to replace Pinkney when he went down but a walk on. Many of us dogged Diaz and his defensive staff for poor recruiting for years and we are now seeing the reasons why.

Agreed. I dont want manny to fail. I just haven't seen any improvement from last season or any sign of coaching from manny. He should be getting in these kids ***. He keeps talking culture and i dont see him changing it.

I'm not rooting against our team, but I'm gonna call it how I see it. The baby is ugly. I'm with you, though, and I'm surprised we haven't seen him getting on these kids(especially the defense! They're his kids!). I'm not hoping for anyone on this team to fail, but it's been hard to watch this team lose. It's not going to be a small fix or a quick one apparently.

I'm not rooting against our team, but I'm gonna call it how I see it. The baby is ugly. I'm with you, though, and I'm surprised we haven't seen him getting on these kids(especially the defense! They're his kids!). I'm not hoping for anyone on this team to fail, but it's been hard to watch this team lose. It's not going to be a small fix or a quick one apparently.
Agree sir!

This is Defcon 1 territory...

Whenever you see a Coach scrambling in the media like this, it means the sands of the hour glass are getting close to being full... The clock is ticking on Diaz.

Once you pull this lever this early in a coaching tenure it just means this thing is headed for hard crash & burn sooner than later.

I was ****ed reading that justlike everybody else was, but it also reminded me of so many situations I've seen in the past it gave me comfort that change is coming quicker than most of us expect.

If Diaz keeps up this sh*t show he's outta here & it's not gonna take 3-4 years either.
This guy recruited half the players on this team. If they don’t respect him or his staff that’s his fault. So now he wants to go get the less rated recruits because he’s hoping they’ll listen to him. This ******* can’t win with the roster he has now yet he thinks he’s going to win with less talented players. Get this ******* out of my face already.

Advertisement
Here's an idea. Stop running a program with reduced scholarships. The NCAA allows 85. Have 85 kids on scholarship, and not walk-ons who you give a 'ship to for being an effort kid. Depth is needed to create the level of competition that can make this a moot topic.
Quit firing coaches. Find someone and stick with him. If people here had their wish, in 2020 we would be seeing our fourth head coach in six years.

Each new coach brings turnover. He brings in his guys, and some of the carryover players do not buy in to what he is selling.

That's why we're at 72 players, excluding the 4 walkons. It's part of the reason that 33 players are no longer here. Fire Diaz, and you'll see another 30 players leave in 2020. And fire that coach in three years, and it will happen again.

Dont get it confused! You paid for that banner with your credibility as your now on record around here as the guy who has supported the biggest corch this university has ever had! Lmao I’m glad you all changed the banner because it just made you all look the fools you are with how ole manny corched it up that game! 😂 don’t worry buddy my crews banner along with a hundred others will be flying soon and they won’t have the sweet love message on them like the one you sent to your beloved manny. Lol
Fly a bunch of planes & all you'll accomplish is showing the rest of America (croots included) that Miami has the most delusional, spoiled fans in the Country. (Do you even realize um fans are the only ones who had expectations for this team?)
You're literally hurting the program because you're self esteem needs a boost. You're Nevin Shapiro to me.

Ah yes, the ol' Clemson wasn't built in a day defense.

I've used it before, myself.

But this **** right here --

Diaz is hoping for a time “when you start to rebrand our product where we will be defined by our hard work and toughness and less by talent and stars and speed.

-- Is ******* frightening and tells you all you need to know about Manny. This is a straight up losers attitude.
Yup, he’s already doing a preemptive strike letting us know he can’t recruit and we’ll have to just outwork other teams. sMDH

Advertisement
Ah yes, blame the players.

The players have been the problem for 20 years apparently. Not the coaches, rinse ******* repeat.

We've had a lot of bums over the past 20 years. Administration, board members, coaches, and players.

No one is getting a pass. The real Gs of this program are easily recognizable and know this ain't about them.

If this is taken at face value, Ivey needs to have his *** on a bench the entire Pitt game. Make it clear to him. You follow instructions, you play. Otherwise, you ride pine and start looking at other colleges because we only have 85 scholarships and we're not ****ing one away on someone who doesn't add value.

This guy recruited half the players on this team. If they don’t respect him or his staff that’s his fault. So now he wants to go get the less rated recruits because he’s hoping they’ll listen to him. This ******* can’t win with the roster he has now yet he thinks he’s going to win with less talented players. Get this ******* out of my face already.
Amen

Advertisement
lol players checked out cause they don’t like this offense. IMO Diaz and Enos aren’t in sync. These interviews tell you a lot.

We've had revolving coaches here the last 17 years, and now a guy coaches 4 games and that rinse repeat cycle is on steroids.

It's easy to default to coaching when anything goes wrong. We even had a guy come in here with a 745 winning percentage in the **** SEC, who was the only breath of fresh air in 15 years. He had the talent playing way above their level, then the wings fell off and reality set in. He couldn't get out of here fast enough after three years. What coach in their right mind would look at what happened to one of the top four winnigest coaches in football when he was hired, and want to come here with this fan base? And what does Miami have to offer to attract someone else with that experience? Please don't say talent, you may think so, they know better, like Gergoa Tech did.

There are a few great players on this team, you see them show up and preform. But its pretty **** evident for a lot of years the majority of what people call talent, that Miami is ending up with, has been vastly overestimated by recruiting services, and the Canes haven't done enough due diligence. After the big time winning schools come and get what they need, we end up with recruits who may be great athletes, but were not high on the recruiting "want board" for other reasons: maybe they have no mental toughness, not enough physicality, no discipline, aren't very coachable, are selfish or prima donnas, you know, players who take game killing penalties, take plays off, all of a sudden can't catch, or have bats in their skull when they have a chip shot from a hashmark.

You think the same players are in the program like the ones who were here when Denise Erickson took over? That was talent, those were tough kids and had a collosal chip on their shoulders because this was their way out - and what they watched on TV and wanted - Real Canes (overused term). That's how you can win a NC the first year - it was about the Jimmy and Joes and the coach happened to be pretty good with Xs and Os too. Now look around, you have guys transfer they say, because guys were ok with losing here and didn't have a chip on their shoulder to fight back.

And oh yeah, there was that little incident of sanctions and reduction in scholarships.
Sounds like a defeatist attitude. There is something wrong for sure, as many opinions have been expressed, but I still think winning big can happen with the right coach and admin. What's happening this season is so bad no one even contemplated it. This is all opinion and I agree with a lot of what you stated but Miami isn't getting leftovers and just guys the big timers didn't want. They not landing all but are getting highly rated kids. Also, who are the great players on this team? Time will tell but "great' is arbitrary I guess. Thoughtful post...

Advertisement
Back