Interesting from Barry

I found this interesting, because last season, some of these players said coaching was the problem, on the offensive side of the ball. That’s not the case this year.
That’s not to suggest the coaching has been flawless, not by any means. There have been mistakes, including UM erring by starting two freshmen offensive tackles in the opener. Some players are upset about playing time, but that’s the case in every program in America.
But it’s worth noting that some of the players who last year were griping about the coaching - including the predictability of the offense under the previous staff - are instead saying it’s certain players who are to blame for the 3-4 start.

FAKE NEWS

Advertisement
Ah yes, the ol' Clemson wasn't built in a day defense.

I've used it before, myself.

But this **** right here --

Diaz is hoping for a time “when you start to rebrand our product where we will be defined by our hard work and toughness and less by talent and stars and speed.

-- Is ******* frightening and tells you all you need to know about Manny. This is a straight up losers attitude.
images (4).jpeg

I nearly spit up when I read that crossover. Lol I can’t ******* believe he said that, he’s done man. And he knows it! It’s not if anymore it’s just when. And All we can do is pray it’s sooner then later.

I just laugh at this point.

He talks about the miami way. We were always talented, fast, and hardworking so his comment is beyond retarded.

LMAO.

Diaz said its more about hard work than talent, stars, and speed.

Kill me now.

To be fair, we're considered a much more talented team than GTech as far as blue chips and stars are concerned. We got out worked and our more talented players aren't locking in and playing with any kind of fire. In that game, hard work mattered more. I think what he's trying to say is, we need talented guys that work their *** off. He's not exactly wrong. But, if someone isn't buying what you're coaching, then you have a coaching problem too.

Advertisement
Does this include coach Diaz? Or is your bleeding heart going to give him a pass? Lol

I find it strange you think I’m a bleeding heart when you paid for a banner supporting Manny with your own money.

Ah yes, blame the players.

The players have been the problem for 20 years apparently. Not the coaches, rinse ******* repeat.

We've had revolving coaches here the last 17 years, and now a guy coaches 4 games and that rinse repeat cycle is on steroids.

It's easy to default to coaching when anything goes wrong. We even had a guy come in here with a 745 winning percentage in the **** SEC, who was the only breath of fresh air in 15 years. He had the talent playing way above their level, then the wings fell off and reality set in. He couldn't get out of here fast enough after three years. What coach in their right mind would look at what happened to one of the top four winnigest coaches in football when he was hired, and want to come here with this fan base? And what does Miami have to offer to attract someone else with that experience? Please don't say talent, you may think so, they know better, like Gergoa Tech did.

There are a few great players on this team, you see them show up and preform. But its pretty **** evident for a lot of years the majority of what people call talent, that Miami is ending up with, has been vastly overestimated by recruiting services, and the Canes haven't done enough due diligence. After the big time winning schools come and get what they need, we end up with recruits who may be great athletes, but were not high on the recruiting "want board" for other reasons: maybe they have no mental toughness, not enough physicality, no discipline, aren't very coachable, are selfish or prima donnas, you know, players who take game killing penalties, take plays off, all of a sudden can't catch, or have bats in their skull when they have a chip shot from a hashmark.

You think the same players are in the program like the ones who were here when Denise Erickson took over? That was talent, those were tough kids and had a collosal chip on their shoulders because this was their way out - and what they watched on TV and wanted - Real Canes (overused term). That's how you can win a NC the first year - it was about the Jimmy and Joes and the coach happened to be pretty good with Xs and Os too. Now look around, you have guys transfer they say, because guys were ok with losing here and didn't have a chip on their shoulder to fight back.

And oh yeah, there was that little incident of sanctions and reduction in scholarships.

Advertisement
We've had revolving coaches here the last 17 years, and now a guy coaches 4 games and that rinse repeat cycle is on steroids.

It's easy to default to coaching when anything goes wrong. We even had a guy come in here with a 745 winning percentage in the **** SEC, who was the only breath of fresh air in 15 years. He had the talent playing way above their level, then the wings fell off and reality set in. He couldn't get out of here fast enough after three years. What coach in their right mind would look at what happened to one of the top four winnigest coaches in football when he was hired, and want to come here with this fan base? And what does Miami have to offer to attract someone else with that experience? Please don't say talent, you may think so, they know better, like Gergoa Tech did.

There are a few great players on this team, you see them show up and preform. But its pretty **** evident for a lot of years the majority of what people call talent, that Miami is ending up with, has been vastly overestimated by recruiting services, and the Canes haven't done enough due diligence. After the big time winning schools come and get what they need, we end up with recruits who may be great athletes, but were not high on the recruiting "want board" for other reasons: maybe they have no mental toughness, not enough physicality, no discipline, aren't very coachable, are selfish or prima donnas, you know, players who take game killing penalties, take plays off, all of a sudden can't catch, or have bats in their skull when they have a chip shot from a hashmark.

You think the same players are in the program like the ones who were here when Denise Erickson took over? That was talent, those were tough kids and had a collosal chip on their shoulders because this was their way out - and what they watched on TV and wanted - Real Canes (overused term). That's how you can win a NC the first year - it was about the Jimmy and Joes and the coach happened to be pretty good with Xs and Os too. Now look around, you have guys transfer they say, because guys were ok with losing here and didn't have a chip on their shoulder to fight back.

And oh yeah, there was that little incident of sanctions and reduction in scholarships.

This is a Hall of Fame worthy post. Well done sir.

Diaz will never be Dabo! Why they keep bringing up dumb statements about Dabo first 3 years? That was 11-12 yrs ago, when coaches had time to build in 3-4 years with less resources and less money. Its 2019 with "hightech" technology, great resources and plenty of money; coaches can win 8-9 games in a weak division (coastal), stop with the EXCUSES. If you struggle with Central Michigan, lose to UNC (basketball school) and get spanked at home by Gtech you dont deserve to be the head coach at Miami, point blank!

Advertisement
honestly brother, what’s always bothered me is the complete lack of urgency for the last 15 years. Every now and then sure when things are going our way, but there’s never urgency.
We’ve been a lackadaisical team for over a decade. The only times we played with a ton of fire is when we were underdogs to FSU.

I continue to wonder why UM continues to run the program without the maximum allowable scholarship athletes. Competition is being hurt because we're always in a constant state of being thin. I believe we have 78 scholarship football players right now, and that includes 3 walk ons who were given 'ships.

The fact that Ivy went back in the game after being told to cover the WR on the punt return then giving up the TD tells us a lot.

To be fair, we're considered a much more talented team than GTech as far as blue chips and stars are concerned. We got out worked and our more talented players aren't locking in and playing with any kind of fire. In that game, hard work mattered more. I think what he's trying to say is, we need talented guys that work their *** off. He's not exactly wrong. But, if someone isn't buying what you're coaching, then you have a coaching problem too.

I dont feel like the coaches are putting them in the best position to succeed. If you know someone isnt giving effort then bench them.

Advertisement
I dont feel like the coaches are putting them in the best position to succeed. If you know someone isnt giving effort then bench them.

I couldn't agree more, sir. I'd rather see them get in these kid's asses on the sideline and bench them. Even if the freshman give up plays, I'd put that on the sophomore for causing the benching. Make them own their mistakes when it's the player's fault. The play calls this year are atrocious on both sides of the ball, though.

I find it strange you think I’m a bleeding heart when you paid for a banner supporting Manny with your own money.
Dont get it confused! You paid for that banner with your credibility as your now on record around here as the guy who has supported the biggest corch this university has ever had! Lmao I’m glad you all changed the banner because it just made you all look the fools you are with how ole manny corched it up that game! 😂 don’t worry buddy my crews banner along with a hundred others will be flying soon and they won’t have the sweet love message on them like the one you sent to your beloved manny. Lol

Advertisement
Back